Re: Double EP for accounts created after launch.

No the EP doesn't, but the headstart does.

Foo wrote:

Your EP's do not define your abilities.

Actually thats precisely what EP does. LOL.

Oh Fool, how you amuse. Dance for us.

BizzyBeast wrote:
Foo wrote:

You're so cute. Like watching a little salamander taking its first steps out of the swamp.

Your Extensions do not define your personal abilities at all. If you have trouble navigating your character around obstacles in the game, an extra 200k EP won't help you.

Oh darnit, I can see you still don't understand. Don't worry about it. Why don't you run out and play while the adults talk. So cute...

Wrong Answer: (40k EP) + (7 days of early access EP (10,080)) = player skill.

Correct Answer: (40k EP) + (7 days of early access EP (10,080)) = 50,080K EP

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Yeah I don't see a reason why devs shouldnt do this, it sure is appreciated by everyone ( except the one with a pre-order, who are very very very happy now because they are stronger then the rest ).

I'll say again. I did buy multiple prerelease accounts /and at the momen im drunk to bbot). I still agree that there IS an issue here. If people who discovered the game after release think it is an issue, then it is an issue albeit an easily solvable one.

The prerelease bonus was to big imho. Let people buy premium accounts that start with 40k ep for a few dollars more and it is solved. We still got out bonus, people saying that ep doesnt matter shouldn't feel threatend by it and it won't alienate new players.

The 1 week prestart was a huge game affecting bonus. 40k ep instead of 20k was a huge bonus.

I did get the bonus ep but I won't mind if others get it as well. in fact I can't see the reason for them not to. The only thing you get for giving different starting posibilities are disgruntled new players and why oh why would anyone want this. Wither give the the ep for free or give them the posibility to ipgrade/repurchase premium with one time cost and get the same starting ep count as the rest of us. it will affect prerelease people alot less compared to what  not giving will affect after release people...

cheers

May as well just put in an option for everyone to buy 100k points for cash, or make it all even, no matter when you start your char you get the same amount of points as everyone else, oh, and may as well make it easier, and give away the phat lootz, heck, WoW gives everything away (and they have a ton of subscribers, they have to have it right), you can be max level in a week or two, just give max points to everyone, then it can be the scifi WoW..........

If people in would quit whining about how everyone else is better than them......then everyone can get down to trying to make themselves better without having to nerfbat the world.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

33 (edited by franko 2010-12-04 09:31:06)

DevilSlayerX wrote:

Yeah I don't see a reason why devs shouldnt do this, it sure is appreciated by everyone ( except the one with a pre-order, who are very very very happy now because they are stronger then the rest ).

Of course, almost all early access people are talking about how we QQ or how it dosent matter in few months, if it dosent matter why they opposing so strong ?
Why on most dangerous agents there is almost all from one corp ?
How many people are on list that dont have early acces ?
There will be bigger gap in few weeks, because they can outproduce normal accounts, destroy people bots (big loss $) and dont have opposition.
I have one month subscription, if there will be monopoly because of one corp, for 100% i will not resubscribe. Because being ganked by someone that had unfair early advantage is not fun for me. And yes you can have my stuff.
There is big game that have almost same stuff, and same chances for everyone, you know what it is.

34 (edited by Hadouken 2010-12-04 11:25:41)

franko wrote:
DevilSlayerX wrote:

Of course, almost all early access people are talking about how we QQ or how it dosent matter in few months, if it dosent matter why they opposing so strong ?
Why on most dangerous agents there is almost all from one corp ?
How many people are on list that dont have early acces ?
There will be bigger gap in few weeks, because they can outproduce normal accounts, destroy people bots (big loss $) and dont have opposition.
I have one month subscription, if there will be monopoly because of one corp, for 100% i will not resubscribe. Because being ganked by someone that had unfair early advantage is not fun for me. And yes you can have my stuff.
There is big game that have almost same stuff, and same chances for everyone, you know what it is.

Most of the people on the most dangerous list are from the same corp, not because of head start, but because that corp was one of the most active and succesful in pvp through out beta. They have a ton of game hours logged already, many have been playing for well over a year.  Its knowledge and experience with the game, not EP. 

They don't have a monopoly though.  There are a couple of alliances made up of many guilds that are at war.  No one is dominating.  And if someone does become too strong, the other guilds/corporations team up against them. 

Alliances are what keep things in check and make long term monoplies impossible.  Short term monopolies may be possible, but can't be maintained forever. 

Alliances are the key here. 

Join a pvp focused corp.  Don't try to pvp on your own, this game is not solo friendly. It doesn't matter how much EP you have.  Join a team and you'll be fine. 

You can pvp from day one and contribute enough to make a difference if your part of a team.

35 (edited by franko 2010-12-04 12:28:45)

I dont say they dont have skills, if they do good for them.
But now they have beta experience, 1 week early start, and double EP avatars. Its balanced for others ?
I will say one more time and eot for me, such early advantages in pvp based game is wrong, its like giving  3 week exp to someone on battlefield and put them in fight vs noob. It doesnt matter after few moths but its big difference in beginning when there is not stable economy, unbalanced corporations and most people are learning game.
For mmorpg first month is crucial and if game will not be semi noob friendly it will fail badly...
fighting for quest npc kill, elitist corporations with best equipment and huge amount $ its doesnt sound like much fun... and who will start playing in a such game ? who will stay ?
if there is EVE Online with huge world, good balance, economy, big ships... wink and you can buy playing time with game money (free).

For a game centered on PVP, this was a silly pre-order bonus and they might aswell have thrown in sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their frickin heads.

If I'd have had the pre-order bonus, I would still understood this situation and would expect Avatar Creations to hopefully do something about it. Getting to keep your alias, an early start and the chance to put your stamp in the game before it went officially Live is always a big enough incentive to preorder the game, and the fact you liked it anyway to consider playing it outside of beta.....

Pre order bonus should've been this: 3 day headstart, nothing else. That's all there is to say, and it has to be fixed. In a game like this a 7 day headstart just doesn't work, thats to much, those 7 days + 20k ep makes it just, earm, sad? So lets balance it for the people who DISCOVERED this game after launch day?

38 (edited by Walpurgis 2010-12-04 23:40:19)

So when does this stop exactly?  Do they need to keep upping the amount of EP you start with so that people who start 3,4,5, or 6 months later are not at a disadvantage?  People who discover the game 6 months from now shouldn't even bother because it will be impossible to compete?

There are a lot of people right now who did purchased the head start are now keeping an eye on these topics because of how the devs react too it, if they fold on under the whining and start handing out EP they stand to lose some people (myself included on this).  People who leave due to some perceived imbalance due to other people being ahead of them in EP in all likelihood are not going to be long term subscribers in my opinion.

Close this thread please.

Why close it? It's a genuine problem with many of this games players.

Talk of the EA bonus is a red herring as it boils down to:

New players will always have less EP than older players.

Thats the issue to discuss.

Best solution: Player skill / knowledge being of far greater importance than EP.

Other solutions: Accelerated EP acquisition for new players /  Initial EP for new players

42 (edited by Gobla 2010-12-05 14:01:15)

Please don't start down this path....

EA people got about a month of EP extra. So you suggest that we should, for the following month, get double EP to balance things out.

What about the people joining in a month from now? They're 2 months behind. Should they get 3 times the EP for the first month? Double the EP for 2 months?

What about people joining a year from now? They're a year and a month behind. Should they get 14 times the EP for the first month? Double the EP for a month and a year?

What about people joining 3 years from now? They're 3 years and a month behind. Should they get 38 times the EP for the first month? Double the EP for a month and 3 years?

Where does it end? Where do you draw the line?

You didn't know about EA, so it isn't fair that you didn't get the advantages that come with it. A decent argument. But someone starting a month from now may also not have known about the game. Someone starting 3 years from now and fresh into the MMO scene may also have not known about the game.

And no, I did not have early access. The line has been drawn on early access for the EP bonus. Don't start moving that line or it will never stop moving and completely ruin the current EP system.

*Insert really awesome sig here*

I think if 50kers had to play in a 20kers shoes for one day, they would be up in arms. Especially playing beta for like a year and somebody can out tag you by 4-5 seconds, in a bot you cant get for 3 weeks, with a 2nd bot following him with remote sensor amps.

You guys would be so pissed, lol.

As is I think its just dumb to give this perfectly casual game, that involves LOTS of player skill, a game breaking advantage to some.

Foo wrote:
BizzyBeast wrote:
Foo wrote:

You're so cute. Like watching a little salamander taking its first steps out of the swamp.

Your Extensions do not define your personal abilities at all. If you have trouble navigating your character around obstacles in the game, an extra 200k EP won't help you.

Oh darnit, I can see you still don't understand. Don't worry about it. Why don't you run out and play while the adults talk. So cute...

Personal abilities no, duh, theyre personal. All the abilities in your extensions tab however, can circumvent player abilities really simple like. And my god does an extra 30k really help someone become over powered. Its funny how personal skill can work around EP, in some very rare cases, but extra EP in extensions is USUALLY not able to be worked around.

Why am I trying to explain this to you? Its like discussing advanced algorithms with a toddler who just suckles from his juice box and stares blankly.

Go get your *** shine box..

this topic is just... derailed

No EP change will change the situation - there will be always someone with higher extensions then you. And after a few weeks, it will be the guy with the highest tier sensor amp that makes flaggs the target.

The problem is still, that it is profitable to go do so. In beta, guys went farming drones for quick money in Mechs... they just one-shot every drone with their firepower.

Will you then demand "better equipment for agent created after launch" ?

*closed*

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.