Re: Changes to Intrusions!

Great changes, it will give people a reason to pvp. Always a good thing. Just look at how its developed in EvE. There needs to be more of a distinction between Alpha and Beta islands that doesn't mean Alpha isn't interesting, or that Beta is pointless.

I just hope it continues to grow and the game gets bigger, giving further ideas a chance to be implemented.

Overall, it won't change a thing.

The blob corps will still have their blobs out in force, 24/7.   Small corps simply will have no better chance under the new system than they do now.

The advantage, as we see it, is that this change is inimical to force projection. No one in this game is gonna keep up a perma camp on two islands. Not possible.

They might be able to delay the inevitable for a few weeks, but I can't see someone sustaining a tiny corp on an island they manifestly cannot hold for longer than that.

BugSplat wrote:

Overall, it won't change a thing.

The blob corps will still have their blobs out in force, 24/7.   Small corps simply will have no better chance under the new system than they do now.

I'm not sure I agree. Even the biggest corps in the game right now can't project CONSTANT force on more than one island. That's a lot better than only requiring a corp to project force once a week at some random time.

Will a truly massive corp be able to hold its space? Yeah, I guess so - but they were able to before. The difference is that they won't be able to hold nearly so much, opening up the space for other folks.

I like it.

Good to see the DEV´s are trying to revamp the intrusion system. Much needed.
I think it is going in to the right direction. Using a sort of sovereignty mechanic. Building up/ taking ownership over time.

I still have some stomachache trying to figure out, how this is going to work within alliances.
I realise it is suppose to counteract the "blob" movements on intrusion events.
But many, if not all Beta Corps working within an alliances one way or the other. Outpost are commonly shared on these occasions, i.e. staging points.

So, is this "new" system suppose to break alliances and co-operatives? How will alliances be able to work together?
Are there going to be features to accomodate alliances?

I understand, that it is commented, that if a single corp cannot hold their outpost, than they shouldn´t. Which is probably right.

But hostile movement is rarley by a single corp, rather by a group of an allied offensive action.
So the act of defense might become unbalanced to the act of offense. But I suppose practise will tell.

I think there might still be a few thoughts of considerations to be done.

I´d much rather would like to see Corp features entering the game, before Outpost changes. But thats just me I suppose.
I´d like to see more transparency to corp actions, like viewable production lines, how much income on resources or NIC has been accounted by members and maybe incentives for members to gain. Corp objectives to be announced or even contracts issued within the corp, or public. Which might provide more motivation to the player, as progress might become measurable. Assignments could be issued by corps.

I think the intrusion system as it is beeing sold to the players now, has many good features to it, but I believe it will not change much, to the worth of holding an outpost, yet. I predict, blobs will attack single corps in comparisment to blob against blob.

But the future will tell.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

The advantage of an alliance will be in keeping the Island more secure by all outpost owners being required to provide protection to thier own SAPs. Only a corp member can capture the SAP for the corp, so while an alliance can have members out watching gates and chasing down roams, each corp has to have a people there, even if it's small.

What this will also do is make creating a 'holding corp' that was talked about to bypass the multiple outpost fees less effective, you'll still need those corp members to be 'mission capable' of aquiring the SAPs.

Looking at it from an pure Indy corp perspecitve, it's not feasible to hold an outpost without a combat group. Although they added the nice NIC feature which is good for capitalist corps to get a jump to 100%, indy corps can't just hire mercencies to take and hold SAP points. Short term it would be possible to take an outpost, but the ongoing logistics of trying to get your 2-3 combat guys on the passive will eventually fail enough that the stability would be too low to make it worth being an owner.

This is probably not a bad thing, it could increase trade and allow beta corps to focus more on combat and less on indy, by encouraging indy to use the outpost, getting NIC from that, and using it to buy items and power their PVP; without ever needing to get tangled up in the production verticle. Of course, it wouldnt' make sense to be 100% that model, because your too dependant on trading, but it's certainly an interesting model at 50% or even 75% trade.

I have no knowledge of how outpost on beta islands work, but how about making them modular/upgradable ? this makes each outpost almost equal (logistics and mineral distribution aside).

also since we have robots split by climb ability, are there/can there be exclusive areas for lights/assaults etc to go into ?