Topic: Question on EP

What time does EP start accruing? From the time of the first character created? or the the time the account is first active?

Example: Account created. Since it is a trial account and has 2 week of game time attached to it, if I were to not create a character for 3 days and then create one and play for the remaining 11 days of the the sub, would I get EP for all 14 days?

Re: Question on EP

Or for that matter, if I were to create a new account and not play or login or create a character for the first 14 days, would I still gain the approximately 20k extension points that an account that was used for 14 days does?

EP starts at account activation.

for you it should be easy to determine - check how much EP you have on your account, and when you have created your agent.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Is there any way to find out how many EP are on an account without logging in game? I have an old account that I never logged into and it obviously doesn't have a current sub. I am just trying to determine whether or not to continue along with this trial account and sub it or to sub my other account.

5 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2011-07-27 00:18:36)

Yes, at the character selection screen you can click 'reset information', this will show you the total amount of EP on the account.

Also, welcome to the game!

That doesn't help me because I can't get to the character selection screen with an account that isn't active. I am trying to find out the EP on an inactive account.

You'd need GM/Dev assistance, since as you say, you can't log in and that information is not available to players anywhere else.

You can go to account management on this forum which tells you how long the account has had a subscription, from which you know your EP

Great idea Tiger, thanks!

Annihilator wrote:

EP starts at account activation.

for you it should be easy to determine - check how much EP you have on your account, and when you have created your agent.

Actually I created trial accounts and left them dormant for several days. The EP started to accumulate only when the first character was created, not when the accounts were created.

Avatar Creations have a lot to learn about economy
-- Snowman

EP is account specific, which is why if you spend EP on character A it is not available to character B.

It's possible that the trial account does not start accruing until you actively start using it, but accounts with activated game codes most definetly acrue EP for the length of the subscription.

12 (edited by Pak 2011-07-27 19:48:07)

Arga wrote:

EP is account specific, which is why if you spend EP on character A it is not available to character B.

It's possible that the trial account does not start accruing until you actively start using it, but accounts with activated game codes most definetly acrue EP for the length of the subscription.

Did you try it or are you just guessing? Did you try to create an account and subscribe it WITHOUT ever connecting to that account from a game client and it did accrue EP?
Did it start from the moment you subscribed or from the moment the 14 day trial expired?

Another interesting test would be to reset an account and NOT create any new character for a few days. Did it still accrue EP? (no guesses, answer if you know because you did it recently).

-- Snowman

13 (edited by Arga 2011-07-27 19:55:53)

Yes, but not recently. Also, and I couldn't find the link, this behaviour was verified as correct by devs.

Edit: Yes to the original post

You have to log into the account and verify it before applying the code. Just creating a trial may not be sufficient, depends on when the account gets into the database, but if it was verified and you can log in to the account management, then it 'should' start accuring, but I did not specifically test that.

My trial accounts with no characters on, acrewed EP from the moment the account was created.

Mouse Tiger wrote:

My trial accounts with no characters on, acrewed EP from the moment the account was created.

Interesting, because I have two that didn't.

Arga above wrote that you cannot subscribe an account without first "verifying it". Not sure what that means but it may be just "logging in" with the client.

I'm now suspecting that the EP starts to accrue neither when you create the account nor when you create the first character, but instead when you first log into that account from the client (you can log in and then log out without creating a character).

Can you confirm this would be consistent with your experience?
In other words, did you log into the account when you created it (even if you eventually did not create a character)?

-- Snowman

Pak wrote:
Mouse Tiger wrote:

Interesting, because I have two that didn't.

Arga above wrote that you cannot subscribe an account without first "verifying it". Not sure what that means but it may be just "logging in" with the client.

I'm now suspecting that the EP starts to accrue neither when you create the account nor when you create the first character, but instead when you first log into that account from the client (you can log in and then log out without creating a character).

Can you confirm this would be consistent with your experience?
In other words, did you log into the account when you created it (even if you eventually did not create a character)?

I can varify that up until this week EP did not start to accrue until you loged into the account from the client.
And that was of course a bug(and it was repported to the DEVs), and I have been told that it has now been fixed.

Yes i checked that the account really had been created by logging in to it