Re: Biggest headstart advantage of all time?

Bruce Lee wrote:

Not really.  It persuaded me to buy 3 accounts, so it was a good business decision on their part big_smile

Herp derp they should add an item shop too, that'd be a brilliant business decision.

This has disuaded me from buying 6 accounts because I'm not sure I can trust the devs now, so it was a terrible business decision on their part

to be honest if i knew about the game earlier i would have bought 3 accounts also, but no media made it difficult, i learn about the game from mmorpg.com 3 days after its release.

Silver Bacchus wrote:

Don't the same Corp just troll every thread? Do you need troll credentials to join?

its just your imagination wink

I give this topic ~10 more hours, then its probably closed.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

I do have 2 prerelease acounts and I still kinda agree with op.
In a sandbox like this the ep difference now is a huge thing. Yeah sure, in a few month it won't matter as much but the advantage now, when it is starting up is a huge on. This affects builders the most imho.

The gratification we got from getting the extra ep compared to not getting it will, imo, not compare to the negativity it will create in new members signing up now. I can understand if they had to do it cause they needed cash asap but I do not think it was a good idea. The sandbox game should reward what you make of it, with everyone starting of roughly the same.

Also, the marketing of this game has been almost non existant so it is NOT very strange that people missed the prerelease campaign.

Solution would be to offer a deluxe account signup which gives the 40k instead of the 20k for a few dollars more. Then they have the same opportunity atleast.

However, since I did get the 40k I don't care enough to cry anymore than these 5cents.

cherry o.

ps. All trolling without constructive arguments is always a loose, but I am pretty sure most of you already know this but just don't care.
ds.

-As a PvE, Carebear, mining-agent-likely-never-to-leave-alpha-island type of player, i am hoping the devs are not giving too much credence to respec or EP complaints.

I don't want this game to be easy.

I want my choices to matter.

Too many MMOs give you a mulligan. Too many make it easier than it should be to play the game. There is enough room on the niche shelf for Perpetuum to be more difficult without being unnecessarily so. If the games turns from a complex array of choices that matter to your agent to a respec/free love everyone gets EP because we should all be equal sort of thing, i'll be disappointed. Others will be too. For those wanting such a change, i get the feeling it is a vocal minority. I just hope the devs know that.

The majority doesn't post, because we're happy here. we don't need extra love even though we came in late. Not everyone gets the same opportunities in life. I want my choices here to matter, and i want yours to matter. If they start giving free passes, i for one would be disappointed.

Rattletrap

Rattletrap wrote:

-As a PvE, Carebear, mining-agent-likely-never-to-leave-alpha-island type of player, i am hoping the devs are not giving too much credence to respec or EP complaints.

Too many MMOs give you a mulligan. Too many make it easier than it should be to play the game. There is enough room on the niche shelf for Perpetuum to be more difficult without being unnecessarily so. If the games turns from a complex array of choices that matter to your agent to a respec/free love everyone gets EP because we should all be equal sort of thing, i'll be disappointed. Others will be too. For those wanting such a change, i get the feeling it is a vocal minority. I just hope the devs know that.

The majority doesn't post, because we're happy here. we don't need extra love even though we came in late. Not everyone gets the same opportunities in life. I want my choices here to matter, and i want yours to matter. If they start giving free passes, i for one would be disappointed.

Rattletrap

I vote Rattletrap for Mayor of the Carebear Islands.

Rattletrap wrote:

Rattletrap

but you look so evil *shiver* yarr

BizzyBeast wrote:

I will herf a devs bird to get an extra 20k EP. Heck as is id be happy with the chance to respec my 2nd account. Which was a friends who didnt like the game, but of course made a full politics trash useless char first, lol.

I think a bonus 20k is a bit much, unless it was SPECIFICALLY added as market based skills; to get the ball rolling. Does suck that 'No School Today' and his 3 buddies lock .5 faster then me, then again I just go to places noone is. Not that hard.

But who cares what we think.. We should of got the game earlier then we did instead of crying our tits off.

Anybody notice that the amount of EP we got for early access is increasing? By next week, we'll have gotten 200k EP, free Heavy Mech of our choice, one million NIC, and a secret button that allows us to prevent all damage for 10 seconds at any time.

Man... all the people saying the extra 40k EP is just so OP, make it sound like we got the WOW sword of rap-age / single smack of instant death.

But really it only got us a head start on getting a few extension to level 5 in the beginning. In about 6 months it will not matter!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

GLiMPSE wrote:
Rattletrap wrote:

Rattletrap

I vote Rattletrap for Mayor of the Carebear Islands.

Seriously! Long Live Rattletrap!!

in full perspective 40k is 1 extenstion lvl 9-10 complex 9 ... .. wow i have a 1 extension advantage in the long term, because ep is time based you should only look long term. this thread is just a mess of QQ and whining. maybe people need to look outside the normal coverage for games in the future to find things that they will/do like instead of relying on others to constantly tell them what they need to be looking at.

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

62 (edited by franko 2010-12-03 18:15:39)

Steeldragonz wrote:

in full perspective 40k is 1 extenstion lvl 9-10 complex 9 ... .. wow i have a 1 extension advantage in the long term, because ep is time based you should only look long term. this thread is just a mess of QQ and whining. maybe people need to look outside the normal coverage for games in the future to find things that they will/do like instead of relying on others to constantly tell them what they need to be looking at.

Yes im looking on long term and i see 2-3 corps that will rule all islands, because they dont have opposition and had most players with small advantage.
If you want this and its ok for your fun then we can talk in few weeks.

63 (edited by GLiMPSE 2010-12-03 18:24:11)

franko wrote:
Steeldragonz wrote:

Yes im looking on long term and i see 2-3 corps that will rule all islands, because they dont have opposition and had most players with small advantage.
If you want this and its ok for your fun then we can talk in few weeks.

The longer time goes on the smaller this advantage becomes. At some point, once you have all the core pvp specs for one way of doing things it ceases to matter completely.. you both will have the same skills at your given speciliasation, the only thing this allows is for them to be a little more 'well rounded' into different mechs or different tech trees.... and even if a corp has every single person with this advantage... it's so much less important then good tactics and organization. In fact, it's a non factor.

64 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2010-12-03 18:41:40)

OMG, you guys are still here?!?!?  RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE....

Lets try this again.....

EA account - started with 40K EP, and 1 week early access to game ( Nov. 19th )
- Announced on the Perpetuum beta forum on 2010-10-24 22:00:00 (link :  http://www.perpetuum-online.com/News#44 )

-Covered on several forums prior to launch
-- Rockpapershotgun on 10/25/2010  http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/10 … s-details/
-- Massively MMORPG on 10/25/2010 http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game … ccess.html
--WarCry Network 10/25/2010 http://www.warcry.com/news/view/104696- … -Perpetuum
--Levelcapped 10/25/2010  http://levelcapped.com/2010/11/perpetuu … give-away/

Reglar Access - 20K EP starting, with game access on 11/25/2010

Risk vs. Reward - those ppl who took the risk of getting early access on a new game release rewarded with an extra weeks access and 20K EP more than regular access.
However, said people also had to work like hell that first week to start getting the elements together to actually start producing raw materials and product for the markets, and also try and establish control/domination of area of their operations.

Take off the tinfoil hats, people, no conspiracy, no undercover bonus for people who had played beta - btw, you realise that thosE beta players are one of the reasons the game is so good, right?  It was their input, and working with the DEVs, that provided the data for the DEVS to create this product, with much fewer problems and game issues than probably any other MMO out there when released.

Your opinions and emotional reactions that you received "less" than someone else are groundless.  20k EP starting allows you to train multple skills to sufficient levels to be competitive in the game.  Again, choices manifest consequences, did you choose to keep up on new developements and news, or not, what do I apply my EP to, or not.  You made your choices, and now complain that you do not like the result, and due to that every who made a different choice should not reap the rewards from their choices.

FACTS AND DATA PWN YOUR OPINIONS/EMOTIONS FOR OVER 9000 DAMAGE!

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

Please ignore lupus's sensible reply his views do not represent the trolls of M2S lol

66 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2010-12-03 18:50:34)

Jelan wrote:

Please ignore lupus's sensible reply his views do not represent the trolls of M2S lol

OMFG, I better get back on my troll meds, I went intelligent for a moment....

WHere waz I, oh yeaz, U MAD?  YARRR!

Lupus Aurelius wrote:
Jelan wrote:

Just take these 3 white pills with a glass of supersaturated tang half an hour after eating and half an hour before a bowel movement.  If you do not foll those instructions exactly you may experience unwanted side effects.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Lupus Aurelius wrote:
Jelan wrote:

WHere waz I, oh yeaz, U MAD?:yarr:

I'd rather the 'intelligent speak' be on the forums then in teamspeak.

I kid, I kid..

Foo wrote:

Anybody notice that the amount of EP we got for early access is increasing? By next week, we'll have gotten 200k EP, free Heavy Mech of our choice, one million NIC, and a secret button that allows us to prevent all damage for 10 seconds at any time.

Just add the L on the end of your name already, that way it will be easier to read your *** posts and just go 'Oh that guy's parents are blood relatives, no wonder why he is derp derp'.

Ill go slow for you sweetheart. Hi, im new to Perpetuum. I got 20k EP. (any normal subscription redeemed before the 25th will start accumulating Extension Points from when the code is redeemed along with and additional two week Extension Point boost.)

Hello, youre not new you got- (will include 7 days of playtime prior to the official launch, 30 days of normal playtime following launch, and 4 weeks of extra extension points.)

The following is going to hurt your head and your nose will bleed just reading, but stick it out..

1 EP per minute. 60 minutes in an hour (I know you live in ReRe world were time is infinite, but bare with me as we discuss non-brain damaged human beings time). 24 hours in a day, even mondays.

60x24= 1440 EP a day. 4 weeks is 28 days. 1440x28= 40320. AND a headstart of 7x1440= 10080. I dont feel like doing anymore maff, so add those together for the total!!! So youre right, I did mess up how much more you guys got.. BUT THE WRONG WAY FOR YOUR DUMB REPLY.

Thanks for playing "Bizzy please make me look like a *** idiot!" PO edition, YOURE OUR LUCKY WINNER!!!!!!!!!!! Next time dont quote me when you say your herpa derp comments, as if they are meant for other people to reply to them like 'Yah bro, trololol, you showed him!' and noone does.

BizzyBeast wrote:

Thanks for playing "Please make Bizzy look like a *** idiot!" PO edition, YOURE OUR LUCKY WINNER!!!!!!!!!!! .

Fixed it for you....

I dont know if I'm really surprised to see Bizzy raging hard core so early into this game...  Thanks, you just gave me a nice fuzzy feeling of nostalgia smile

Yes, we got 3 weeks more EP than the rest of you.  In 2 months no one will give a *** as it will be barely noticeable.  Move along...

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

Risk vs. Reward - those ppl who took the risk of getting early access on a new game release rewarded with an extra weeks access and 20K EP more than regular access.
However, said people also had to work like hell that first week to start getting the elements together to actually start producing raw materials and product for the markets, and also try and establish control/domination of area of their operations.

Itemshops reward players who risk their cash for ingame items. They should add RMT. £20 for a heavy mech anyone?

BizzyBeast wrote:
Foo wrote:

Just add the L on the end of your name already, that way it will be easier to read your *** posts and just go 'Oh that guy's parents are blood relatives, no wonder why he is derp derp'.

Honestly, this is my favorite part of your rant. You think I'd create a character named Foo and not know that it's slang for Fool? That's kinda the point.

My post quoted you but wasn't about you. Like many people have said already, 20k or 40k won't make much difference in a few months. Sorry you missed out, but that offer is over. You also can't go back and vote in the elections last month. Coupons expire too.

Neoxx wrote:

I dont know if I'm really surprised to see Bizzy raging hard core so early into this game...  Thanks, you just gave me a nice fuzzy feeling of nostalgia smile

Yes, we got 3 weeks more EP than the rest of you.  In 2 months no one will give a *** as it will be barely noticeable.  Move along...

I already stated that I dont give a ***, its my own fault for not joining sooner. The guy just picked the wrong person to misquote.

But to keep on trolling you Early Access folks, I gotta point out how it will matter 2 monthes into the game. You will still be 5 weeks ahead, endlessly. 30k EP is enough to sway heavy percentages in your favor.. Target locking, range, damage, ect ect.

So saying it will magically even out is a bit silly.

Regardless though nothing will come of belly aching over it.

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

Im a registered sex offender.

Whoa dude, too much information.