1 (edited by lola 2011-07-23 19:31:02)

Topic: Accumulator vs med weapon+ med armor uasge

dear guys of the dev team,
Are you serious about having so much accumulator drain with 4 med guns and 1 med armor repairer ?
so i have to choose whether i shot the NPC or repair my bot ?
and even then when shooting i am not cap stable, nor or just repairing my bot (have to take pauses)

from my point of view the best bots to farm/pvp are pelistal due no accumulator from weapons

t4 small armor repairer - 75 rep / 70 accumulator / 12 sec cycle -
t4 med armor repairer - 230 rep / 330 accumulator / 12 sec cycle

so tell me why mediums are better ??? because of insane accumulator costs and low regeneration from my mech ?? when you have 7.12 acc/sec from mech and you must pay  - 27.5 accu for repairs ???
same with med guns

Re: Accumulator vs med weapon+ med armor uasge

mediums weapons kill your targets faster, and medium armor repair repairs you faster.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

hmm interesting

Brought it up before, apparently it's somehow balanced that medium armor repairers are very inefficient compared to small armor repairers.

Don't really see a good reason why you should be able to do both simultaneously. You have limited points, so make em count. More interesting than turning everything on and then facerolling through combat.

I like the small repair with a tuner. Its cheep and with decent skills will tank my qrtemist versus a t4 spawn I'm kiting.

small repair works fine if you have the time or resists to rely on a rather slow repair.
medium repair works fine if you need the hitpoints FASTER, in big junks.

how does it help you that the small repair is more efficient AP wise, when the incomming DPS is much higher then your HP/s ?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Its less HP per second base by like three. There is more HP per point of accum by three base. Sure its less per second but more for your energy. With skills and a tuner its sufficient for a mech to tqnk t4 mechs kiting in and out of their range. You just need to have a well tanked mech.alternatively look into erps. They are more of a mmech class item that the smaller counterparts can not fit well. The boowt of qccum per point of dmg is enough to blster you t finish the fght and repair after or with the proper extensions keep fighting all day.

Dear Lola. Medium repairers are for people with the skills to fit them, and are prefered in PvP for their higher repair output, despite of the energy cost.

If you want efficiency and PvE, I would suggest a small repairer.

My blog about MMO design:
http://mmockery.wordpress.com/