Topic: CT Production Times?

Is there any way to tell the base amount of time that will be required to build from a certain CT?

Is it determined by volume of material, or are they arbitrary values for different items/categories?

Re: CT Production Times?

Well ok, it looks like opaque arbitrary values to me. Taking a sample of stuff I have easy access to I've come up some times (a lot of them based on the assumption that base prototype time = 10x base manufacture time, which seems to work.)

Assault mech 28,000s (8h)

Light bot 21,600s (6h)

14400s (4h)
Armor Hardener, Repair Tuning, Chassis Scanner, Range Extender, Signal Detector, S-Demob, ECM, Interference module, Weapon Tunings

7200s (2h)
LWF, Small Shield Generator, Accum Recharger, Coreactor, Evasive Mod, Remote Sensor Amp, Cargo Scanner, Coprocessor, Target Marker, ECCM, Small Lasers/Missile Launchers/Magnetic Weapons, Medium Firearms

3600s (1h)
Light Armor Plate, Small Armor Repairer, small neuts, small miners/harvesters/firearms

1440s (24m)
Industial Charges, Medium Ammo

720s (12m)
Small Ammo

I'm then getting actual manufacture times from:
base time / CT time efficiency / (1 + (factory time extensions * 0.01) / (1 + (relation * 0.01)
But I'm usually under the actual time by ~1%, so that's not correct sad

Reverse engineering time seems to follow entirely different rules, since it takes exactly the same amount of time to RE a light bot and a light gun, but the mech takes three times as long to manufacture.

Predicting the build time is really important for predicting potential profit from manufacture. The only way currently to discover it is to be able to prototype it, to make the CT, or to get someone else to tell you.

It would be really nice if base manufacture time was added to the item info component tab. Possibly as part of the forthcoming noob friendly industry patch?

I believe that the CT %'s are rounded and displayed as 2 digits. But the actual CT could be 57.32% instead of 57%, which would account for your 1% variation.

4 (edited by Howard Quartz 2011-07-21 22:27:18)

The difference is slightly too big to be purely accounted for by rounding of relation and CT efficiency figures.

I'm using a L1 facility, which I assumed would have no effect, but this may be wrong. Also I'd expect an effect from facility levels to increase time efficiency rather than reducing a penalty, so that still probably doesn't account for the difference I'm seeing.

Howard Quartz wrote:

The difference is slightly too big to be purely accounted for by rounding of relation and CT efficiency figures.

I'm using a L1 facility, which I assumed would have no effect, but this may be wrong. Also I'd expect an effect from facility levels to increase time efficiency rather than reducing a penalty, so that still probably doesn't account for the difference I'm seeing.

Different level facilities have different efficencies so there may be your variation. However I could be wrong as your cwlculating everything on a level one so you don't have to account for thnwt variable.

6 (edited by Howard Quartz 2011-07-28 19:17:23)

I've revised my time formula so the 1% bonuses from factory calibration are exponential and it seems more accurate:
Base Time / CT Efficiency / pow(1.01,factory time extensions) / (1 + (relation/3))

Also I found that Reverse Engineering is based on the items decoder level rather than its build time. The formula seems to be something like this:

I = Item Base Decoder Level, D= Decoder Level used for reverse engineering
E = pow(0.95,Reverse Engineering time extensions)

Reverse Engineering Time = 7200secs * I * (E-(relation/(100/3))) * (1-((D-I)*0.05))

This formula is giving me completely accurate results in a level one facility.