Re: Revert the kernel nerf.

noticed the reduction of observer artifacts?
they have reduced them after realising how easy they are to farm via artifact scanning.

im sure the beta observer spawns will be adjusted within the next few weeks too, together with the general rebalance of npcs.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

102 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-07-23 22:54:55)

Maybe I should blame NeX.  When we ask for people to donate their kernels, the answer 90% of the time is "That is my primary income".

This means: 100+ players if not more are selling kernels on open market, whether the corp desperately needs them or not, for the NIC.

I hear time and time and time again from beta island players and "communist corps" that "NIC means nothing".  Now you have a wave of players who think "NIC means everything".  So suddently these alleged piles of cash you guys Scrooge McDuck dive through:  http://post.cloudfront.goodinc.com/Embe … mcduck.jpg

... has meaning again.

Unless it is all a load of bull****, and none of you are as rich as you claim.

Edit:  And let me add again - "not putting on the open market to support the enemy" then crying there's no one to PvP is as counterproductive as it friggin' gets.  SUPPORT THE OPEN MARKET === MORE PVP.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

103 (edited by Toku 2011-07-23 23:50:47)

Winter Solstice wrote:

Maybe I should blame NeX.  When we ask for people to donate their kernels, the answer 90% of the time is "That is my primary income".

This means: 100+ players if not more are selling kernels on open market, whether the corp desperately needs them or not, for the NIC.

I hear time and time and time again from beta island players and "communist corps" that "NIC means nothing".  Now you have a wave of players who think "NIC means everything".  So suddently these alleged piles of cash you guys Scrooge McDuck dive through:  http://post.cloudfront.goodinc.com/Embe … mcduck.jpg

... has meaning again.

Unless it is all a load of bull****, and none of you are as rich as you claim.

Edit:  And let me add again - "not putting on the open market to support the enemy" then crying there's no one to PvP is as counterproductive as it friggin' gets.  SUPPORT THE OPEN MARKET === MORE PVP.

Once you see the light of how things work so much more efficiently the "communist" way you will see why nic has such little real value and how our corp has hundreds of millions (billions??) banked from the work members put into farming for the corp, not individuals. If you cannot control how members use Corp-Needed kernals then you may have already lost any real possibility of competing on the NIA plains. 100 Rambos will lose. 

Greedy piggy corps will always fail vs "us" because you cannot maintain ops and replenish losses as we can and do. You can try as many have and will do.. but you have been warned. Do it the right way or you are doomed to failure/defeat/embarrassment. Then all you are left with is a corp in shambles, a shadow of its' former self and you will be trolling for pity posts here to show how proud you still are. (see the J pos(t)ers for examples of that.)

Also, we do sell some mods etc on the market since we don't need to store 300+ of anything and it is fun to blow up stuff our corp made and sold and loot it sometimes. read the fine print labels to see where it was manufactured. smile

p.s. if your members are using kernals to make money they are being stupid or ignorant.. teach them the right way. If you do not know, ask.. we will help all that seek knowledge.

104 (edited by Annihilator 2011-07-23 23:58:43)

NIC means nothing for those in big communist corps.

if they are using the market: selling 4 heavy mechs = 100Million NIC income, because they didnt have to pay for any of the materials, just the mining time.
(A single average Riveler needs ~100 Minutes Miningtime for a single heavy mech, CIR mines with eg 12 t4 fitted Nexus supported Rivelers at once...)

if they are running their sequer trains on beta island for advanced triangle = *** of NIC.

those owning the outpost with the rank III repair facility can even make a *** of NIC just from repairing and selling t1 loot weapons/armor plates.

add the high plasma drops from rank4/5 small bot spawns near that outpost and you get another *** NIC.

using the repair facility with high extension and owning that outpost = low repair cost + a part of that paid NIC is transfered to outpost owner Corp...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

105 (edited by Purgatory 2011-07-24 15:45:33)

Yes, having obtained most of the research I want, I now join the "leave it as it is" bandwagon.