Topic: Borderless windowed mode?

I'm talking about a video setting here.. (I hate to say this bit but) eve has a windowed mode that is both full screen (as in it takes up the whole screen) and has no windows decorations.. I have seen other apps without window decorations so its apparently simple to do, and setting it 'full screen' is a simple matter of setting the window the same size as the screen and pinning it in the top left corner..

The advantage is obviously that you can run the game full screen and still use your 2nd monitor without the game minimizing.. Performance wise its the same as windowed mode (because that's what it is). You could even run 2 clients next to each other...

Shouldn't be too hard to code (again I have no actual idea as its not something I have even tried) and is a great little feature.

Re: Borderless windowed mode?

Supported

[alt+enter] and quick switching helps, but fake fullscreen is nicer.

Make alt+enter toggle decorations and maximize on current screen instead of switching to real fullscreen mode on main monitor. Would be awsome.

+1

This is the first time ever that I realize a windows only game actually has a feature missing ... which is not missing if you play it on a mac.

Avatar Creations have a lot to learn about economy
-- Snowman

But that would mean the window could not be resized or moved, in which case I definitly do not want it

+99999999999999

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Mouse Tiger wrote:

But that would mean the window could not be resized or moved, in which case I definitly do not want it

Do you know what OPTION means?  You wouldn't have to use it.  You also completely miss the reason for this.  You have the flexibility of windowed mode (using other windows while still having the game open) without the space reduction of it (title bar, task bar).

I really want this feature. Running multiple clients on multiple monitors would be sweet with borderless windowed mode.

+100

->You just lost The Game<-

try shift window

http://grismar.net/shiftwindow/