Re: Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..

Thiole wrote:

exe version would be easier because you can have the buttons do things, since macros dont work on some versions, but this would have less system req

GUI EXE fitting tool version is on the way! Set myself a project to get back into programming and its coming along nicely. Got the GUI going, data linking is fine and started on a character editor last night for the extensions. I thought about using Perp Planner but we all know its outdated so I thought I would settle for a less fancy homebrew spark editor for now.

Mostly the maths for applying modules and skill changes to contend with but its not that far off, maybe 1-2 weeks for a BETA release depending on how much free time I get. Got a couple of bugs to work out but hey, its fun. cool

You can use the Games Export function in Extension History

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve

Malpherius wrote:

GUI EXE fitting tool version is on the way! Set myself a project to get back into programming and its coming along nicely. Got the GUI going, data linking is fine and started on a character editor last night for the extensions. I thought about using Perp Planner but we all know its outdated so I thought I would settle for a less fancy homebrew spark editor for now.

You might be able to use this:

http://sequer.nl/app/downloads

Version 2.05 Beta added to OP....

Let me know of any errors you all find

EVE - bigsteve

awesome! big_smile

31 (edited by Malpherius 2011-07-26 17:49:38)

bigsteve wrote:

You can use the Games Export function in Extension History

Hmm yeah I noticed that feature only last night. I'll make a decision on using that in a bit, just need to get the code working nicely and then play with nice to haves... like progress bars to show how much CPU and Reactor has been used (Yes this has side tracked me, like adding in a pic of the chosen bot  tongue )

It seems that the weapon range in the spreadsheet isnt working as l want it to.  It only show the default range of the weapon but no bonus's are applied like the Range extenders, robot skills nor trained skills. Would love to see this part working.

I AM BACK.....
Been away due to moving house and now finally got my Command Center for my computers set-up...

Really,
I am sure I put the calculations & formulas in...

I have Checked &
1. the module stats are out of date, Opt Range Modifier of Ammo has been removed from some
2. i found that some of the Range calculation were taking data from a wrong cell...

IT WILL BE SOME TIME B4 I CAN GET THIS UP TO DATE. I HAVE 6 CHANG LOGS TO GO THROUGH...

EVE - bigsteve

Good news indeed !

Right I am trying to get this thing up to data, but i think its an uphill battle....

There so much has changed.. for one shield absorption has me dumbfounded now , plus the bot/item changes are so many game clicks and transferring data type stuff, my head is spinning......

Would be really great to have players help me update this in any way you can...

I know that this is the closes that come s to a working fitting tool....

In the original post I will be changing the Download link to a unprotected excel file..

you can change, mod, add all you like, but please let me know what changes, like let me be a central hub for this tool.

EVE - bigsteve

nothing has changed regarding shield math

its the same since they got implemented (minus the times they had been bugged)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

nothing has changed regarding shield math

its the same since they got implemented (minus the times they had been bugged)

Yeah the only thing that changed were their cycle times, correct?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

cycletimes and the base values:
shield AP/HP and tunings got halved

result: a shield module alone with extensions is already usefull, stacking tunings is not as extreme as it was before.

the hitsize/shieldradius mechanic has always been there, except for some periods where it was bugged. (open beta)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

39 (edited by bigsteve 2011-12-12 20:27:50)

well
On my Vaga with a Penik Medium Shield Gen, My Absorption ratio is 0.289 AP/HP
how can that be with a Extension level of 7 giving a 21% reduction?????

EVE - bigsteve

T4 Medium Shield = 10m radius, 0.5 AP/HP base
Vaga = mech ewar = 7m hitsize

extension lvl7 = 7x3% = +21% HP/AP

together:
7/10 * 0.5 = 0.35 / (1+0.21) = 0,28925619834710743801652892561983 = 0.289

At some point in the distant future, i forsee that the extension descriptions will tell you what they really do wink
wrong:

Each level of this extension raises the shields' absorption ratio by an additional 3%.

right:

This extension will increase the absorbed Hitpoints per Accumulatorpoint by 3% per level

Result would be easy to understand math:

T4 medium shield = 2 HP/AP
Extension =  +3% / lvl

2 HP/AP * 121% = 2,42 HP/AP

Shieldradius : Robotsize = 10/7 = ~1,42

2,42*1,42 = 3,457 HP / AP = 0,289 AP / HP <= "hungarian math"

Thanks for the help Annih, my original formulas did not take into account bot size and shield radius...

EVE - bigsteve