Re: The Dire state of PVE combat.

I agree on this as a good nerf. Alpha people will be able to get a bit more mods and get to beta sooner (with tech - it should be a bit easier to farm the low level kernels).

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

When you start with a small world, there's not many options about where you put NPC's of different difficulties. As they add new Islands, they are able to spread it out a little more, making the starter islands a little easier and pushing the harder spawns to the new islands.

This just makes sense, the new players get more content that they can tackle solo, but can still move out to the harder islands at any time they feel ready.

PvE combat is fine.

Yeh I don't know what you're doing wrong, I farm t3L and T3A no problems in my arbalest, not even been playing for a month.

Copine Callmeknau wrote:

Yeh I don't know what you're doing wrong, I farm t3L and T3A no problems in my arbalest, not even been playing for a month.

Did you earn all your nic by your self and buy your bt and all its fittings or did people along the way help you. The u derlying issue seems to be the solo pve experience. Yes yes we all know its an mmo, but no where in the definition of mmo does it say you need to play as a group.. people who stay solo are experiencing issues, not those players who join the perpetuum version of goonswarm.

Massively Multiplayers Online.
I'm pretty sure that's part of the acronym.

Sure, you can solo, but if you play a MMO for it's PvE solo content, there is offline games that should offer you a much better experience.

My blog about MMO design:
http://mmockery.wordpress.com/

Kamikazie wrote:
Copine Callmeknau wrote:

Did you earn all your nic by your self and buy your bt and all its fittings or did people along the way help you. The u derlying issue seems to be the solo pve experience. Yes yes we all know its an mmo, but no where in the definition of mmo does it say you need to play as a group.. people who stay solo are experiencing issues, not those players who join the perpetuum version of goonswarm.

Yes he is such a cheater, playing with others. Copine, you are out of Scouts!

Moving on to not stupid stuff, my biggest complaint is that there really isn't any quality story style content available to share with others. As in, missions are yours and yours alone, you can't choose to share the work or the reward in an automatic fashion. I mean, sure, tag and split loot, but it'd be nice to have the quest acknowledge that you're a group and generate additional content based on it.

Or, better yet, for the Perp Devs to release a quest making tool.

58 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-07-21 01:32:45)

Kamikazie wrote:
Copine Callmeknau wrote:

I'll only say this once.

We are a Capitalistic, Individualist group, and we are not $*%ing Goonswarm, so keep your uninformed spouting to yourself.   

NeX does not give out handouts.
We do not give out bots.
We do not give out modules.

70-90% of us of us solo and go out and earn our own NIC and loot our own mods, solo. 

The 10%-30% involved in PvE "ops" are small groups of people on at certain times, and they function only on the rule that "more folks is safer" - and ANYONE can do that if they have a modicum of trust.  Cosidering where we came from, such a wide spectrum of inidividuals with NO ties save we all played a game with nearly half a million person player base, that relationship means jackall.  We formed up as strangers and many are STILL strangers, save new aquaintances and friendships we formed HERE.

Unless you are on a corp sanctioned op, you are pretty much flying 100% solo save for advice and information disseminated through the gruop about where to go and what to fit (but the "whats" won't supplied to you by the corp.)

If you ARE on a corp sanctioned op, you are not handed leet modules or gear.  Reimbursement of loss, even for PvP roaming, is minimal.

So if a NeX player says "I can do this solo" it is because they are doing it solo.

God the asinine assumptions about NeX are really starting piss me off enough to curse about it.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

man if people think NEX is goonswarm WOW you really dont know goons roll

Winter Solstice wrote:
Kamikazie wrote:
Copine Callmeknau wrote:

I'll only say this once.

We are a Capitalistic, Individualist group, and we are not $*%ing Goonswarm, so keep your uninformed spouting to yourself.   

We do not give out bots.

70-90% of us of us solo and go out and earn our own NIC and loot our own mods, solo. 

The 10%-30% involved in PvE "ops" are small groups of people on at certain times, and they function only on the rule that "more folks is safer" - and ANYONE can do that if they have a modicum of trust.  Cosidering where we came from, such a wide spectrum of inidividuals with NO ties save we all played a game with nearly half a million person player base, that relationship means jackall.  We formed up as strangers and many are STILL strangers, save new aquaintances and friendships we formed HERE.

Unless you are on a corp sanctioned op, you are pretty much flying 100% solo save for advice and information disseminated through the gruop about where to go and what to fit (but the "whats" won't supplied to you by the corp.)

If you ARE on a corp sanctioned op, you are not handed leet modules or gear.  Reimbursement of loss, even for PvP roaming, is minimal.

So if a NeX player says "I can do this solo" it is because they are doing it solo.

God the asinine assumptions about NeX are really starting piss me off enough to curse about it.

Yeah, I heard you basically distributed none of the robots you were given by CIR and just hoarded like 90% of them.

*** move bro. Especially since they would need them when they are noobs, not after they have played and figured out ways to make NIC independently.

61 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-07-21 03:35:31)

Hugh Jasol wrote:
Winter Solstice wrote:
Kamikazie wrote:

I'll only say this once.

We do not give out bots.

Yeah, I heard you basically distributed none of the robots you were given by CIR and just hoarded like 90% of them.

*** move bro. Especially since they would need them when they are noobs, not after they have played and figured out ways to make NIC independently.

Mmhmm.  Those robots were given with a specific promise in mind and that promise will be fulfilled.  60 bots - 625 people - no way to not be a *** really.  I'd rather appear stingy than look like a favoritist to 60 players and snub the other 565.

Besides, the people IN NeX (and not just Directors) decided they were better to be used for reverse engineering so enough could be made for EVERYONE, than 60 out of 625 blown up while we could barely pilot them.

Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day.

Teach a man how to fish, and he will never go hungry.

tl;dr: derpderpderp we so smart lololol

Edit: and yeh.  Lets give out free bots to noobs, to delay their ability to learn to play and accustom them to handouts.  I bet you're an awesome guildleader.

Owait.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

Hugh Jasol wrote:
Winter Solstice wrote:
Kamikazie wrote:

I'll only say this once.

We do not give out bots.

waaaait we have a can field with bots?

here i was thinking we had already turned them in to 60 cts for our glorious robot army!

Hugh Jasol wrote:
Winter Solstice wrote:
Kamikazie wrote:

I'll only say this once.

We do not give out bots.

takes a *** to know a *** & since winter is a women that leaves just you as the *** smile

we did the smart move & Ct'd a few of the bots. But you seem to lack some basic understanding about us soo... W/E

64 (edited by xXPhantomFenix 2011-07-21 03:44:39)

Hugh Jasol wrote:

stuff.

Spreading 60 bots to 600ppl in corp at the early start? ***

Also u mad? jelly? Dont worry, I will send u an arkhe for x-mas.

Go get them winter, show no mercy. Hell those bots allowed us to start mass produceing them, makeing them hundreds to millions of nic cheaper for our members.

Better quote, give us a fish and try to tear us apart, we beat you with the fish and take the dang pole and go catch our own fish.

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

66 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-07-21 03:57:27)

RedKGB wrote:

Go get them winter, show no mercy. Hell those bots allowed us to start mass produceing them, makeing them hundreds to millions of nic cheaper for our members.

Better quote, give us a fish and try to tear us apart, we beat you with the fish and take the dang pole and go catch our own fish.

35 By this time it was late in the day, so his disciples came to him. “This is a remote place,” they said, “and it’s already very late.

36 Send the people away so that they can go to the surrounding countryside and villages and buy themselves something to eat.”

37 But he answered, “You give them something to eat.”

They said to him, “That would take more than half a year’s wages[a]! Are we to go and spend that much on bread and give it to them to eat?”

38 “How many loaves do you have?” he asked. “Go and see.”

When they found out, they said, “Five—and two fish.”

39 Then Jesus directed them to have all the people sit down in groups on the green grass.

40 So they sat down in groups of hundreds and fifties. 41 Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to his disciples to distribute to the people. He also divided the two fish among them all. 42 They all ate and were satisfied, 43 and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces of bread and fish. 44 The number of the men who had eaten was five thousand.

That's right.  Our Indy boys are Jebbus, and Ore is our grace of God!

----

Winter Solstice wrote:
Hugh Jasol wrote:
Winter Solstice wrote:

I'll only say this once.

We do not give out bots.

Derp derp derp herp derp derp herp de derp ( adjusted for content ).

Mmhmm.  Those robots were given with a specific promise in mind and that promise will be fulfilled.  60 bots - 625 people - no way to not be a *** really.  I'd rather appear stingy than look like a favoritist to 60 players and snub the other 565.

Besides, the people IN NeX (and not just Directors) decided they were better to be used for reverse engineering so enough could be made for EVERYONE, than 60 out of 625 blown up while we could barely pilot them.

Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day.

Teach a man how to fish, and he will never go hungry.

tl;dr: derpderpderp we so smart lololol

Edit: and yeh.  Lets give out free bots to noobs, to delay their ability to learn to play and accustom them to handouts.  I bet you're an awesome guildleader.

Owait.

Winter Solstice for the win.

SOME people dont have any plans for the future, and are too short sighted to know how things work.

I would rather have an unlimted supply of bots for the future, instead of 1/100th of one bot each.

people who need hand outs and are not self sufficient wont go far in any situation real or game.

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day... Teach a man to fish and he lays passed out drunk in a boat all day.

Erathanos

*** son you got buried in troll dung.

don't try to troll a corp filled with 600 bitter coad veterans

If CIR wanted to give everyone in NEX they could have but they didnt so we had to do the most with what we got....Hurt you didnt get a bot sorry but no matter how it goes down someone would be pissed but now when you have more ep and able to use better bots guess what we will have them

Winter Solstice wrote:

We are a Capitalistic, Individualist group...

We do not give out bots.

Then

Winter Solstice wrote:

they were better to be used for reverse engineering so enough could be made for EVERYONE

Oh and I am sure that was what CIRs pity offering was intended for; So you could process them for your own personal gain.

71 (edited by Aliez Kahn 2011-07-21 04:26:39)

Hugh Jasol wrote:
Winter Solstice wrote:

We are a Capitalistic, Individualist group...

We do not give out bots.

Then

Winter Solstice wrote:

they were better to be used for reverse engineering so enough could be made for EVERYONE

Oh and I am sure that was what CIRs pity offering was intended for; So you could process them for your own personal gain.

dumdum your not getting it are you ?

You sh*t on yourself with that one pally

Hugh Jasol wrote:

You sh*t on yourself with that one pally

u jelly?

74 (edited by Tupha 2011-07-21 04:28:42)

I was just doing a check on the posts you have made Hugh and theirs nothing but negativity WTF you live up to your name. Go play the game have some fun if you can.

Are we there yet? roll