1 (edited by Pumaz 2011-07-20 15:53:52)

Topic: Corp Binding/spark jumping/new NPCs

This is four suggestions i have that were originally in audio form but were unable to make it to the devs.

Idea one: Corporation binding Any robot activated by anyone in a corporation would cause that robot to be bound to that corporation so that it could no longer be sold in open market, but could be give or traded to anyone in that corporation. Any produced robot not activated could still be sold.

Idea Two: New Spark Jumping I would like to see a new extension brought in for spark jumping. This kind of spark jumping would be an attempt to take over a different robot by throwing a spark at a npc. base score suggestions would be 5% chance with lvl one extension from light to light of same color. 3% from light to assault. 4% from light to light of different color. must have the other ep required to pilot the new bot. Never should it be possible to jump from light or lower to heavy mech. Jumping out of one bot to the other causes either the one a player jumped out of to be destroyed or to turn back into a NPC. Also the new bot that was just jumped into is now "Activated" and corp bound.

Idea Three: Less Robots Out side of the training mission robots i think that robot packs around starting terminals should be reduced from groups of 5 to groups of 1 to 2. Thus giving new players a chance to get use to attacking robots making a little money and not being overwhelmed by packs so early in the game. As the new player progresses further and further out from the starter terminals they fight bigger and bigger groups.

Idea Four: New NPCs This last idea is my largest idea. I would like to see some new NPC factions be brought into the game. My idea for the first one is that they would be black in color, and roguish in nature. Bots of the shadow they were hiding from the new invasion of sparks and are immune to sparks jumping on them, for now, they would travel in smaller packs but have the perfect setup with there small numbers. Beta packs would be one light tackle, one light long range demob with ecm, and two mechs, and maybe they had a larger walk pattern. The entire Factions specialty would be that there shot would have a 5% chance per gun to cause a melting DOT. Weather it be acid shot or magma shot up to devs but the first repairer cycle would only remove the affect not heal the bot. They wouldn't his hard but with a damage over time non stack able change on every fire should be interesting. This acid or magma shot would destroy any item that would make there guns and robot types be destroyed until they were a playable faction.

This is a some what in depth description of my ideas. I hope the Devs can take some of the ideas and run with them

Re: Corp Binding/spark jumping/new NPCs

Spark jumping for pve?  Why?  This would only be useful for pvp, pirates could take entire bots and loot, effectively commandeering it.  Maybe they actually switch bots, and you use a dummy unfit bot to trade with them.

I think necessary requirements would be:
1. No shield running.
2. HP at 25% or less.
3. Special module equipped.  "Spark Ejector" 100m range, 200m falloff.  Immobilizes the user for 10 seconds as the spark is ejected from the bot, but not the target (demobs key to keep target in falloff range). 30 second cycle.
4. Module has chance to fail depending on bot type, module tier, and skills. But, withe previous requirements needing to be met, you could bump this chance up to around 50% at best.

Pirating ships should not be easy.  It should require an organized force that can apply dps, single out enemies, and have enough time.

->You just lost The Game<-

I dont know about stealing others bots in pvp, my thought process behind it was helping newer players get into bigger bots faster and hopefully helping new corps try to get bigger equipment for research faster. If i had to say personally no spark could try to attach to another robot that had a spark on it but i'll leave the ethical decisions up to the DEVs

4 (edited by Arga 2011-07-20 19:04:06)

Lets see. Spend 8 million NIC on the market for a riveler, or go out and farm Riveler's.

This would destroy the production bot market completely. On the upside, we wouldn't need epitron any more.

5 (edited by Pumaz 2011-07-20 21:07:16)

Failing the jump would lose you the bot you jumped from so a success should end up costing more than the bot you get. It would be for corps trying to get up the research chain a lil faster with a few lucky attempts at it. Spark jumping is not meant to get rid of epi or farming or destroy the market and i think the DEVs could come up with the right amount of negatives to it to make it still worth some but not destructive and harmful to the game.

oh and 50% chance is ridiculous i dont think the chance on the best of circumstances should be over 15% if that

The problem is not getting players into bigger bots. Most newer players can't even drive the mechs well enough to be of any use right now. No point to have the bot and sucky extensions.

1) No
2) No
3) No
4) No

Getting a bigger bot simply saves you spending the NIC for it on the market. If your suggesting you can hijack a bot without having the prerequiste EP, then ... well i'm not sure what to call that. If not, why would you ever drop a 3M NIC bot to pickup a 750K bot? If you in an assualt, a mech is always going to be worth more NIC, and same with mech to hmech.

Seeing the true motive behind this thread, I am sorry I even posted.

->You just lost The Game<-

Pumaz wrote:

Idea one: Corporation binding Any robot activated by anyone in a corporation would cause that robot to be bound to that corporation so that it could no longer be sold in open market, but could be give or traded to anyone in that corporation. Any produced robot not activated could still be sold.

This is possibly the start of a workable idea, but as it is sucks.. I'm in a corp, I have my own bots which I bought prior to joining this corp, no one in the corp has helped in their production or acquisition in any way.. So the bots suddenly become theirs?

Also what happens when I have 4 or 5 corp bots in my own hanger and leave the corp? Do I keep them and just cant do anything with them? Does the corp keep them? Does my new corp suddenly get them?

Not a horrible idea as a security for corp assets measure, but as proposed.. umm.. needs work..  (Also the best security measure would be to not give out corp bots to people you don't trust)

4xNO

I don't like the first idea because the way I am reading it that would mean if you switch corps you lose all your robots and that would be dumb

Thank you Luna and Corvus, you two as far as I can see are the only ones with constructive criticism I have seen.  I would have to assume that all robots in your privet hanger would go with you when and if you left or were removed from a corp. Please every one look at how the ideas run in with all the rest if you take them out of context they maybe suck a little. I trust the DEVs now and would have seen problems like this and had measures to ensure any and all robots your are entitled to would remain yours. Idea one is to keep idea two from getting out of control. Please please look at the ideas as a whole not as different ideas, although I know they are written that way, it was my way of describing each.

Pumaz wrote:

Please every one look at how the ideas run in with all the rest if you take them out of context they maybe suck a little.

They suck individually and they suck as a collective as far as I am concerned.