Topic: how to make money with combat?

Hey all. I'm having trouble making money, and i'm pretty sure i'm just missing something and understand.

I went the combat route. What i've been doing is taking bounty missions but they take forever since there's usually 5 people camping a spot where 3 mobs a minute spawn. if you aren't the one who grabs them first it can take several minutes just to get a single kill.
I lose money doing this instead of gaining because I burn through ammo and the cost to keep that up is more than I recieve.
I thought maybe I should be selling the random modules I pick up but they're all damaged and repairing them costs more than they sell for. So i started recycling them and get a couple hundred monies at most per trip so that isn't the right stuff either.

what am I missing here. I would like to not spend tons of ep on mining skills although i wouldn't mind some form of industry as a secondary focus for production of some kind if it doesn't require the entire process of mining to production. like I said i'm not looking to spend that much ep on it.

so what am i missing here. i'm sure it will be obvious but I can't seem to figure it out.

Re: how to make money with combat?

1. get a friend
2. go to a non camped spawn that you manage to kill together with your friend (1st star smasher, servant herald or rookie mongoose would be the easiest)
3. collect the white damaged modules,  the kernels and the ammo dropped
4. sell kernels and repaired modules to npc.
5. forget about combat missions until YOU are the one that can lock faster then the noobs

The spawn issue and areas being farmed are in a few threads here.
You can also run other types of missions, mining and transport missions do not take much for resources and make a decent amount of money.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

From what I can tell, running assignments is a complete waste of time, the payout is pathetic compared to the time spent between traveling and trying to be the first guy to get a lock on the target.  I'm in the same boat as you, and it looks like the most effective way at the moment is to just use the cheapest weapon/ammo you can and try to get kills and sell the loot.

You can earn decent money just farming the bots near the station. Move a little bit out, don't do the ones involved with the tutorial missions.

Don't kill the ones called "Drone" but kill the ones called Nuim drone or Pest drone (whatever the faction is you are killing). And don't kill the ones that drop the bullets move a little bit more out and they will drop faction ammo (slugs, missiles or cells)

Take 1000 ammo when you set off and dont stop till you have used it all up.

Just collect the ammo they drop and the kernals and destroy all the rest. Sell the ammo and kernels. This will get you about 400,000 NIC and you can do it in 3/4hr.

Put at least 5 levels in the fast lock skill (forget name) and equip the mod that makes you lock faster (sensor something), if you still get beaten to locks get the fast lock skill to 6. Be locking the next mob as soon as it appears whilst you are killing your current mob. Bit moody but wot can you do.

The mission areas being camped are also talked about here:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ed-target/

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Red Five wrote:

You can earn decent money just farming the bots near the station. Move a little bit out, don't do the ones involved with the tutorial missions.

Don't kill the ones called "Drone" but kill the ones called Nuim drone or Pest drone (whatever the faction is you are killing). And don't kill the ones that drop the bullets move a little bit more out and they will drop faction ammo (slugs, missiles or cells)

Take 1000 ammo when you set off and dont stop till you have used it all up.

Just collect the ammo they drop and the kernals and destroy all the rest. Sell the ammo and kernels. This will get you about 400,000 NIC and you can do it in 3/4hr.

Put at least 5 levels in the fast lock skill (forget name) and equip the mod that makes you lock faster (sensor something), if you still get beaten to locks get the fast lock skill to 6. Be locking the next mob as soon as it appears whilst you are killing your current mob. Bit moody but wot can you do.

I see you still haven't shaved.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

I'm 40. What you going on about? If you mean the beating people to locks bit, well, it isn't very pleasant but there's no alternative.

Also, just found out about Sensor Connection. Get that to 5 before Accelerated Target Locking to 6

They need to change the way you get credit for kills.....plain and simple.......even if you group it's still first one to target/damage gets the credit....
sad

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

kill stuff, get kernals, sell kernals.

you guys are using the clear target hotkey right? I forget what the default key is because i changed it.. but i often see people wasting ammo on targets they locked too late... but they just keep shooting... is this what you mean by wasting ammo? If so learn to use and love clear target, its the fastest way to stop all your firing at the same time.

12 (edited by Foo 2010-12-02 17:08:58)

Tag a target with only 1-2 weapons, instead of all of them.
Then unload with all weapons.
But when the target is almost destroyed, switch to one or two weapons again.

Overkill wastes ammo, may not even save you any time.

This requires a little finesse. You don't want each kill to take an extra 30 seconds. But I definitely reload a lot less often than before, which means I buy less ammo in the long run.

Go hunt with your Sequer friend, bring field container, deploy field container, pick up everything - put into field container - when you are done with hunting ask your friend to haul the items to a base with nice recycle plant (lv 2 or above) if u have alt with recycle skills thats an advantage if not nvm. Recycle all the stuff - sell the mats, sell the kernels, sell tha fragments -> Profit.

any bots made for "hauling" that are affordable atm?

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

BigCountry wrote:

any bots made for "hauling" that are affordable atm?

Sequer, 1,8-2M each atm.