Topic: Update news for 2011-07-20 - New storyline assignments

SPOTLIGHT FEATURES

New storyline assignments

Three completely new multipart and repeatable storyline assignments are now available. They revolve around three new building complexes located on the new alpha islands: a Pelistal Fortress on Hershfield, a Nuimqol Refinery on Tellesis, and a Thelodican Storage Depot on Shinjalar. The assignments are level 3, and the necessary relation to unlock them is 3.50, with UASD (TM - "Operation Ozymandius"), DFI (ICS - "Operation Rejuvenate") and Asintec Intelligence Service (ASI - "Operation Predecessor").

Although these assignments can be completed solo by a well-advanced and equipped Agent, don't be fooled by the initial easier objectives: the final tasks will generally require you to work together with other Agents to be successful. Some of the objective types are completely new (switches, item containers), and some require you to perform tasks that you haven't done before in an assignment (artifact scanning) - pay attention to the assignment description and the event messages during the assignment!

GAMEPLAY

New: When you only have one locked target, using unlock will now work without the need to select that target.
Change: Increased the pseudo-height of robots for better LOS calculation (nothing visual).

ROBOTS AND MODULES

Change: Seth base speed increased to 39.6 kph.
Change: Lowered the Gropho's base weight by 2500kg (3000kg for Mk2).
Change: L-demobilizers are now affected by line of sight.
Change: Reduced the accumulator usage of medium lasers.
Change: Reduced the accumulator usage of medium magnetic weapons.
Change: Medium shield generators have now 5 second cycle times - increased base accumulator consumption accordingly.

GRAPHIC ENGINE

Fix: 3D engine operative memory usage reduced to 4% of original, which generally means a ~300MB memory usage reduction for the whole client. In theory this should also reduce the number of dock and teleport crashes.

INDUSTRY

Change: Lowered raw material volume of epriton, imentium, liquizit, stermonit, triandlus and noralgis.

ASSIGNMENTS

Fix: There was a bug with reach position type objectives, which randomly made subsequent objectives impossible to complete.

MARKET

Fix: Renting a corporation storage didn't work after you logged in directly to the terrain.

MARKET

Change: Separated demobilizers into two subcategories, Short range and Long range.

GUI

Change: NIC toast messages now display the amount change properly colored, like in the transactions list.
New: Added option to hide the orientation cone on the radar.

GENERAL

New: Server shutdown countdown will now be displayed on the top status bar. Also, the shutdown message will be automatically displayed to everyone who logs in during a shutdown process.

Ref: http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2011-07-20

Re: Update news for 2011-07-20 - New storyline assignments

No more lasering my name into the beachsand smile

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

So, no new missions for new beta islands?

Just an immediate thought, reading this:

"Change: L-demobilizers are now affected by line of sight."

Why did you find the need of nerfing them even more?

concidering they are already:

L-Demobs makes you imune to S-Demob
Are pretty weak unless you use at least 2 of them
Use a lot more Accu as S-Demob,

I might be missing something, maybe I am not up to date on this.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

L demob nerf makes it impossible to loldemob someone through buildings and 800m away.

Regarding the gropho change:
If it now weighs less at base, its now going to be slowed more by modules, right?  And if the MK2 being even lighter,  it will be slower than a gropho with the same modules?  I don't understand the point of this change.

->You just lost The Game<-

Neoxx wrote:

L demob nerf makes it impossible to loldemob someone through buildings and 800m away.

Regarding the gropho change:
If it now weighs less at base, its now going to be slowed more by modules, right?  And if the MK2 being even lighter,  it will be slower than a gropho with the same modules?  I don't understand the point of this change.

The MK still weights more. Reducing it by 3000 and the other by 2500 will make them very similar though.

Oh ok.  Thanks.  Didn't know it was that much more already.

Is the memory reduction making a noticable difference?

Yeah, id like to know as well.  Wont be able to test it out on my 2 clients for a while.

Anyone see what the rewards are like for the missions?  Are there dynamic spawns?  Or should I just go farm the mission locations....

you could try to farm that location- first sight of the tellesis refinery - full with lvl2 lights and assaults, more to spawn on mission.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

you could try to farm that location- first sight of the tellesis refinery - full with lvl2 lights and assaults, more to spawn on mission.

Sounds like crap.

Still waiting for the patch that increases spawn ranks when you kill them quickly so I can exploit the hell out of it until its done correctly.

good work wink
at least my lasers are not hitting the ground so often now

Do they ever post a dedicated download link that doesn't need the client running?

I have 2 PC's, 3 Clients and a slow Internet connection, so a single download for them all would be better.....

Please? smile

Turrican wrote:

Do they ever post a dedicated download link that doesn't need the client running?

I have 2 PC's, 3 Clients and a slow Internet connection, so a single download for them all would be better.....

Please? smile

update one, and then copy the perpetuum.exe and perpetuum.gbf int the other two clients folders... done.
Your settings are stored in "local.gbf"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Turrican wrote:

Please? smile

update one, and then copy the perpetuum.exe and perpetuum.gbf int the other two clients folders... done.
Your settings are stored in "local.gbf"

Worked like a charm! Thank you! smile