1 (edited by franko 2010-12-03 08:49:29)

Topic: Double EP for accounts created after launch.

I think early access bonuses are imbalancing to economy, pvp and pve.
Corporations with most people that have early subscriptions will rule alpha islands, and production and with time they will have even bigger advantage.
So compensate to this accounts created after 25.11 should have for 2 weeks double EP.
This way early access people will have advantage, but after 2 weeks we can compete with them in skills.
What you think ?

Re: Double EP for accounts created after launch.

I think you need to realize why we had early access.  I also think that you need to realize this is a long term game.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Neoxx wrote:

I think you need to realize why we had early access.  I also think that you need to realize this is a long term game.

Said someone from menace to society corp ...
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Ingame:Most_dangerous

cookie?

franko wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

and your point is ?

every MMO game (or not MMO) has bonus for pre-order, collector versions,...
40K EP is not OP it's a good boost for the start yes, but it's a MMO game, you know month, maybe year of playing.
the skills are caped for everyone, so, in the long run, 40K ep is nearly nothing.

6 (edited by franko 2010-12-03 10:56:35)

XrayIT wrote:
franko wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

and your point is ?

every MMO game (or not MMO) has bonus for pre-order, collector versions,...
40K EP is not OP it's a good boost for the start yes, but it's a MMO game, you know month, maybe year of playing.
the skills are caped for everyone, so, in the long run, 40K ep is nearly nothing.

I know mmorpg have bonus for preorders, but bonus should be balanced, and not imbalance early game for someone that wasnt preordering...
And 30000 is big advantage this early, when you must specialize to be combat effective or production effective ( you can produce things much cheper when you have high lvl expansions- you can lock much faster if you have maxed targeting).
This will have big economy impact in early stage of game...
How someone can compete in producing starting with 20k EP vs someone with 50k EP ?
He will never have skills that can make him better than guy with early access because EP increment in linear way... so early access people/corporation will have huge amount of money, best mechs how its balanced when you must fight  for outpost in alpha islands ?
You can give some EP to people when world is balanced, but when its early stage it can have huge effect on world.

no offence but noone did forbid you to get that early access bonuses. there is no disbalance.

franko wrote:

I think early access bonuses are imbalancing to economy, pvp and pve.
Corporations with most people that have early subscriptions will rule alpha islands, and production and with time they will have even bigger advantage.
So compensate to this accounts created after 25.11 should have for 2 weeks double EP.
This way early access people will have advantage, but after 2 weeks we can compete with them in skills.
What you think ?

what i think? that you should buy a strap on.

And someone who buy the game in 6 month should have 6month of double EP ?
For a competitive specialized Assault combat char you need ~50k EP total. It is less than a month of playing, i think i is balanced for new players

10 (edited by franko 2010-12-03 12:23:54)

Benos wrote:

For a competitive specialized Assault combat char you need ~50k EP total. It is less than a month of playing, i think i is balanced for new players

The difference is after 6 months economy should be balanced and 30k EP dont matter that much, but in early game stage 30k can be game changing. You cant produce items when 10 people are producing low tech items and have maxed stats so can offer cheaper goods.

Who will play game when 1 or 2 corps will rule whole server ?

Benos wrote:

/agree

My idea for solution: Create a deluxe acount version that starts with the 40k and costs a couple of dollars more. Since most of you don't think it affects gameplay, you should be fine with this and those who missed the prerelease has an opportunity to start with the same base as us prereleasers so they should be happy.

Yes, I am sure AC will deliberately alienate their beta testers and early adopters to please a whiney baby on the forum. roll

Man up, the 20k extra EP will be a fart in the wind in a couple months.

14 (edited by Ni Enari 2010-12-03 15:09:38)

Thats the point isn't it. If, as most people seem to say, it doesn't matter, why would it alienate the beta testers to create a more expensive account form with the only difference that you start with 40k ep instead of 20k? We still got something for free, both ep and head start but now people can pay a little to get part of what we got for free. This should alienate as few as possible why lowering some of the aggro they get from new players.

More pleased players means better word of mouth/better reviews/more players who stay meaning more players meaning more cash for our beloved devs. Would seem a win win to me but I guess I could be wrong about the alienating part. However if I am then the issue would be bigger than most care to admit.

Humph, said I wouldn't post more about this in another thread and already broke it twice... damn you forum addiction, damn you.

edit: realized elevating means quite the opposite of what I intended, so removed it.

15 (edited by Steeldragonz 2010-12-03 17:27:51)

because they said that they aren't going to sell ep. but lol at all these thread from people wanting more ep faster

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

These topics are getting boring
Those WITH early access say that it's perfectly balanced.
Those WITHOUT complain about it being OP

*yawn*

17 (edited by franko 2010-12-03 18:09:23)

Wow community on this forum is poor, not arguing only trolling...
Of course people with early advantage will defend 30000 EP and say that it dosent matter, but double starting exp matters, its 3 weeks of playing, and big advantage to corp that have most early players.
Its not EVE with huge world and 300k  players...
few strong corps can destroy economy or rule alpha islands and you cant do nothing... because in few weeks they will have so much money, that smaller corps or corps without early advantage will dont have chance do be concurrent.
First few weeks should be balanced and without exploiting, in game that is created by players (economy, industry, pvp). and such small world.
But we will see who is wrong and who not...

Franko,

Let me first say that I am in the same boat that you are. I only created a normal account a couple of days after release. You are absolutely correct in the fact that these early bonuses are in fact unbalanced. Also the corporations with a decent number of players with early access will have a much easier time dominating any part of Perpetuum that they aim for. It is absurdly obvious to see and anyone who denies it is blind or lacks simple common sense.

Let it sink in ------> YOU ARE 100 PERCENT RIGHT that you are at a disadvantage at this point in time. And it is a huge disadvantage at this point in the game.

Every single person with early access is going to tell you that it doesn't matter, it's not that big of a deal, get over it, go play (insert lame game here), or simply shove off. It is human nature for people with an advantage over others to simply not care or pretend that it is not that big of a deal. And believe me they don't want you to have an even ground with them. But also, it is not their fault that they were given the extra ep. It was a decision made by the game staff to help them with their launch and I believe it did indeed help.

While some of them have been degrading you in some fairly *** ways, I COMPLETELY agree with some of their posts. This game is time based skill progression and people who start earlier will obviously have more ep than others. Beta testers and early starters were given a bonus for their help with the launch of this game. Fair enough. I can live with that. I do not believe that the game staff of Perpetuum will make any sort of amends towards you because well, lets face it - they already made their decision on the matter and I don't think they will budge. I also don't want a precedence made for characters created down the line to be given some ep out of nowhere if I have been playing for a year straight and have somewhat earned my advantage.

One thing for you to consider as well. When you created your character you were given 20k ep bonus at the start. From what I have heard, players who create a character in a month are not going to be given that 20k bonus. What are they (the new players in the months to follow) going to think about you?

If you truly enjoy this game, then continue to play it. You will just have to work a little harder to attain certain things than people who were given more ep initially. Over time the ratio of ep will eventually get smaller and smaller, to the point to where it really doesn't matter anymore. And since you were used to being constantly at a disadvantage then you will possibly emerge a stronger player than those higher ep players and be better for it.

Play the game man and play it well. You are the master of your own fate.

-Grim Fate

Franko, sorry but you are wrong. I see your point, but if you look at your perspective from a simplified different angle I see you saying something like

"What the heck? That guy started to play early and he has more money than me. UNFAIR!"

You have to understand that this type of game, there will always be people who have more money and people who have less, big corps will have the most wealthy industrialists and possibly toughest PvP equipment and playerbase.

Don't be too worried though. Think about this:

Bob from M2S first created a big booboo and posted it on market for 1mil. Not many people want to spend millions so early in game because at least the smart ones know that prices very soon will be much cheaper. So nobody will by his booboo for 1mil because more crafters come in and every day they post their own booboos for 800K, 780K, 770K, 750K etc etc.

Then you come, you post your 2 BooBoos for 500K each and almost immediately it is sold. While Bob from M2S who got his hands on ores and CTs first still waiting for his booboo to sell for 1mil, you already sold your 2. Yes you made twice less money, but prices will continue to adjust and his booboo will eventually just return to his private storage and he will be forced to put it on market even after you already sold yours, so you in the end make more money than the people you are so concerned about.

It just seems to me that your ego and slight form of jelousy is blinding your common sense and understanding of how MMO markets change in the first 2-3 weeks after release.

Just keep doing your part man, follow your goals. Try to get over the feeling that there is someone richer than you. And definitely don't try to demand some kind of a "fair resolution" to what in your opinion is a problem, which is not. Just play the game man, if you think about things too much you'll lose the interest and eventually will only hurt yourself since Bob definitely doesn't care if you play PO or not or if you rage quit thinking that world is so unfair to you. Play the game man, plan your steps and be patient. Patience is a virtue in games like this with time based progression.

franko wrote:

Wow community on this forum is poor, not arguing only trolling...
Of course people with early advantage will defend 30000 EP and say that it dosent matter, but double starting exp matters, its 3 weeks of playing, and big advantage to corp that have most early players.
Its not EVE with huge world and 300k  players...
few strong corps can destroy economy or rule alpha islands and you cant do nothing... because in few weeks they will have so much money, that smaller corps or corps without early advantage will dont have chance do be concurrent.
First few weeks should be balanced and without exploiting, in game that is created by players (economy, industry, pvp). and such small world.
But we will see who is wrong and who not...

No offense to you, but the "people who got bonus EP at launch have an unfair advantage" topics are getting old really fast.

At least yours is in the proper forum, but that's why people may seem a bit trollish about the topic.

I tell you what...read these topics first. If you're not tired of the issue by the time you're done, then I bow to you.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … nt-option/
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -all-time/
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ttributes/
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … by-chance/
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ot-skills/

And unfortunately, there are also topics like this covering many of the same ideas...
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … t-updated/

Benos wrote:

Early access players had 50k the day of normal release, right? And actually its 5 weeks of playing.

I think the arguement is that its IMPOSSIBLE to make up for this. Never has a game given a god mode as a reward for pre-ordering.

While I think it was stupid and uncalled for, I also think thats what I get for not getting involved earlier. Wish the bastards advertised better.

Stop whining....just cuz u didnt pre order doesnt mean it is unbalanced.  Its a bunch of fkn pixels.  Get over it.

- M2S -

U betr run!

I also think the pre-order bonus was way to big, people got to monopoly the market after release, more ep and more time to earn money.

so, if you joined game few month later, you would start same thread asking for EP for tho month?

where are all this imbeciles comming from

Hate to break it to you guys...but skill is still more important than EP at this stage.

There are going to be players who join a month from now who will kick everyone's butt because they simply play better.

And there are people right now, with all the extra early release EP who are still getting out-locked at spawn points using their full combat spec and tricked out assault bot.

Your EP's do not define your abilities.