26 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2010-12-03 01:36:17)

Re: Biggest headstart advantage of all time?

Urahara Kisuke wrote:
Jita wrote:
Urahara Kisuke wrote:

Why did headstart people get 40k starting EP in addition to being able to play the game 1 week earlier then everyone else?

Just heard about the game and I like it so far, but that headstart EP thing wtf...
Sure in 1 year nobody cares about it, but for now it's pretty stupid.

Eve like DEV corruption? Giving there alliance a headstart...

Knowledge from beta and 7 days headstart should have been more than enough.
Give everyone without an headstart account 20k additional EP imo.

To sum it up, headstart EP was stupid.

By that token anyone who starts a month after any time based games launch shouldn't play as they cant compete.

See how *** you are now?

I only see someone who is too *** to read.
Funny how all the pre order fags storm in to protect their precious pixels, just as predicted.

I think we read it just fine...whine that you did not register for early release which was a published item 2 weeks before release.  Nothing to protect, other than your phail to keep up on new games and announcements, and failure to accept personal responsiblity for said phail, then forum tantrum whine of how unfair...

You still got 20k EP, amirite?  Open beta, we all got 1440 ep starting, even though the closed beta guys got to keep their EP, no one whined about that..

Other games out there, you don't like how it is, no one says you have to stay, door is right over there --->

Btw, have some cheese with that whine...

Note - edit to correst spelling , capitalzation, and grammer.  Never said I was good at spelling...

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

27 (edited by Urahara Kisuke 2010-12-03 01:52:10)

Lupus Aurelius wrote:
Urahara Kisuke wrote:
Jita wrote:

By that token anyone who starts a month after any time based games launch shouldn't play as they cant compete.

See how *** you are now?

Funny how all the pre order fags storm in to protect their precious pixels, just as predicted.

I think we read it just fine...whine that you did not register for early release which was a published item 2 weeks before release.  Nothing to protect, other than your phail to keep up on new games and announcements, and failure to accept personal responsiblity for said phail, then forum tantrum whine of how unfair...

You still got 20k EP, amirite?  Open beta, we all got 1440 ep starting, even though the closed beta guys got to keep their EP, no one whined about that..

Other games out there, you don't like how it is, no one says you have to stay, door is right over there --->

Note - edit to correst spelling , capitalzation, and grammer.  Never said I was good at spelling...

You take the cake of all nerds, are you serious?
Do you think I'm lurking the internet 24/7 just waiting for the next MMO headstart offer?
This game is as underground as it can be, do you even know how many people are playing?

Nowhere did I write anything about not being able to compete, just that this free EP stuff is bullshit.
But explaining that to instant gratification noobs is pointless as this thread shows.

Oh and lol about the BETA phrase, who gives a *** what happened in a beta, epic face palm.

40k ep is a big deal now. It won't be in a couple months. In a year it will be like pissing in the wind.

Urahara Kisuke wrote:

(blahblahblah)

You may be gratefull because you now have an excuse if you lose in PvP!

Seriously I suggest you to read the entire thread because one reply said:

"I thought EP bonus was at least partially meant to give the market a head start as well.. if everyone did start on even terms the market would be worse off than it is now"

Now just think about it and if you can't stop your pathetic whine about a difference of 20-30 EP I suggest you to delete your account immediatly. The game will be better without your kind of player.

Urahara Kisuke wrote:
Lupus Aurelius wrote:
Urahara Kisuke wrote:

Do you think I'm lurking the internet 24/7 just waiting for the next MMO headstart offer?
This game is as underground as it can be, do you even know how many people are playing?

Nowhere did I write anything about not being able to compete, just that this free EP stuff is bullshit.
But explaining that to instant gratification noobs is pointless as this thread shows.

Oh and lol about the BETA phrase, who gives a *** what happened in a beta, epic face palm.

Wow, when did they let the 12 year olds play......no, wait, i know a 12 year old that plays this game and acts more mature.....

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Urahara Kisuke wrote:

Wow, if I were speaking with a pedantic idiot ... oh, snap!

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

Can i have your stuff?

The early bird gets the worm. If your local supermarket makes all TV's half price a week after you buy a new TV, do you demand your money back? If "Yes" I worry about you..

The Game

He's mad because Perpetuum styled on him.

I want some more EP sad

36 (edited by CenDre 2010-12-03 04:55:27)

WHERES MY FUGLY MOUNT AND MY HUG

I lost my prometheus in a Arkhe swarm ....I really need that hug........it was such a good and loyal bot........I think I'm gona cry.....

Vorgrim Scout wrote:

40k ep is a big deal now. It won't be in a couple months. In a year it will be like pissing in the wind.

Vorgrim, it's not even 40k he's talking about, EA accounts actually only got an extra 20k EP since new accounts get 20k EP. And OMG! 20k EP! that gets me .5 sec less cycle time on my missles!

38 (edited by franko 2010-12-03 08:22:49)

So they had 1 week and + 20k EP more ? a 30000 head start in EP ? if this true then im agree with OP... You cant compete with someone with so much advantage in early game stage , when specialization matters so much.
Its little game  braking for me...

I will herf a devs bird to get an extra 20k EP. Heck as is id be happy with the chance to respec my 2nd account. Which was a friends who didnt like the game, but of course made a full politics trash useless char first, lol.

I think a bonus 20k is a bit much, unless it was SPECIFICALLY added as market based skills; to get the ball rolling. Does suck that 'No School Today' and his 3 buddies lock .5 faster then me, then again I just go to places noone is. Not that hard.

But who cares what we think.. We should of got the game earlier then we did instead of crying our tits off.

40 (edited by franko 2010-12-03 08:36:18)

50k EP + combat specialization + 1 week head start in money = bye bye bot in alpha isles, and coprorations with most people from HS will rule pvp and Alpha islands, so will have even more advantage with time.
I think new accounts should have double EP for first week or 2 to compensate this, early gamers will then have early advantage, but with time we can compete with them.

Urahara Kisuke wrote:
Lupus Aurelius wrote:
Urahara Kisuke wrote:

Don't be scared, it's ok u're safe on Alpha just keep mining 40k ep or not your game won't change.

Strangely enough the people trolling this post are in the corp currently leading on the most "dangerous agent list" they have a reason for shutting the topic down make no mistake they got their edge and now they want to pretend its skill that got them there. Its not combat advantage that makes the biggest difference at start is the research and production they making a fortune and the devs let them

Yes, it's a big conspiracy.

roll

Well.. whats to say... 20K EP = 13 days. Just look at it as if they played the game 13 days longer then you did. Everybody had the chance to use the head-start. Also this game isn't about personal gain but what you can do as a group.

Can I have your stuff?

/HUG CenDre

and all other who need a Hug to be reconfort for all the injustice of this very bad world

FREE HUG TIME

Don't the same Corp just troll every thread? Do you need troll credentials to join?

QQ

I wouldn't worry about the skillpoint difference too much.

In 'other, comparable sci-fi MMOs I have played and loved', I've taken down more experience players in bigger ship classes than me and been popped myself by younger players.

Combat is situational and each time, there have been a combination of factors at play, such as numbers, fitting, piloting skill, etc. These matter much more than raw skill points in the long run and I don't expect this game to be any different.

Worring about older, better skilled players making a fortune based on a skillpoint advantage and better knowledge of game mechanics is also the wrong way to look at things I think.

If they're capitalising on a particular market, try and take a slice of that - what are they producing, what commodoties are they buying to do that? If they have more buying power than others, can you supply to them and shift your inventory faster?

This is a sandbox and it's very early days, so my plan is to be creative and set my own goals. Having played the other game I referenced above, I know it's easy to get snowblind in the face of a sandbox game filled with more experienced, better skilled richer players, but I still carved out my niche and had fun, which is kind of the point.

I for one welcome our better skilled overlords and intend to just HTFU!

Urahara Kisuke wrote:

Why did headstart people get 40k starting EP in addition to being able to play the game 1 week earlier then everyone else?

Just heard about the game and I like it so far, but that headstart EP thing wtf...
Sure in 1 year nobody cares about it, but for now it's pretty stupid.

Eve like DEV corruption? Giving there alliance a headstart...

Knowledge from beta and 7 days headstart should have been more than enough.
Give everyone without an headstart account 20k additional EP imo.

To sum it up, headstart EP was stupid.

You are just like my wife, never see what she gets, only what she doesent.
Be happy about the 20k you do get, in eve it would be 1k.
So stop crying about it, its christmas!