Topic: Slot types limitation

Get rid of torso slot types limitation, would make more fittings available. I agree with maximum numbers, but types is just meh.

If i want to spec in magnetic weapons, i have to leave a slot empty on my Arbalest since i cannot fit anything else than 5 guns and 1 missile launcher. (which would make a nice spot for a nos for instance)

Of course, that would open the door to full nos/neut etc.. would require some balancing too.

Re: Slot types limitation

slots are defined by the robots appearance

unlike mechwarrior you can actually see what modules are equipped. and some modules simply dont have any mesh that would fit into those slots.

last but not least, its balancing reason. sooner or later we will get robots with different mix of slots.

sure, i want to fit my Seth with 6 Medium missile launchers too... but on the other hand, i would like to have thelodica missile heavy mech too.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Removing slot types would open bot fittings to more variety which would benefit the game. Carefully balancing it is of course mandatory.

Why should i skill for missiles when i'm using a specialized ship in magnetic weapons ? or lazers for the matter since Thelodica bots have the same problem.

It's not like that lone missile launcher is going to bring more dps with no bonus and no skill.

If you have 6 slots, that doesn't mean you're forced to use all 6.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086