Re: Incursion Teleporter

Neoxx wrote:

Well I like the idea of having new ways to get onto the islands, but what really rubs me the wrong way is the fact that if you can teleport to the inner teleports, you can very easily be "behind enemy lines" without much effort.  I'd much rather see people being able to come in from the coast from a large number of points (they're preset, but even every 1km along the coast would give many options) because its generally farther away from the inner teleports.

I just cant see the possibility of instantly dropping to any teleport on an island from anywhere else in the world.  The only restriction being money, and if the game is to grow, that wont be an issue for most.

So would most people be okay if it were only a teleport to outer island teleports?

This still gives the desired goal in my eyes which is to not know which direction your enemies are coming from. Even if you have the outers scouted a small group goes to each, kils the scouts and then the larger group goes to one unscouted.

I'd still like to have the global warning as this is important to create this mystique for the feature and the 'Incursion System' smile

I dont like the idea. It can be easily exploited. Also it reminds me of a certain dev of a certain game (not PO) telling ppl on fanfest that titan shouldnt be expensive, and some of us know whats going on now.

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

Dan wrote:

I dont like the idea. It can be easily exploited. Also it reminds me of a certain dev of a certain game (not PO) telling ppl on fanfest that titan shouldnt be expensive, and some of us know whats going on now.

Please help me understand how it can be easily exploited.

Your post sounds like more of a knee-jerk reaction then constructive criticism or suggestion.

Even with global message and this teleport will have "life timer" (or untill it'll be destroyed) informing you encourage people to blob up. Small stuff even with a scout will be owned by hot drops.

Also what do you call expensive 50, 100m per teleport? So bigger corporations/alliances will just use their scouts on each map or use small roaming gangs to bait someone and hotdrop when encounter bigger numbers.

If you played stEVE you've know that 0.0 Warfare is focused on speedy roaming gangs ang tank over gank with back up cyno.

Also you'll get "similar" portal, reed da newz - quote from our "psycic's" interview in France:

DEV Crm wrote:

A new beacon of teleportation, which can jump to all portals within a certain radius, y-even those of the other islands.  Approximately 7000m of reach.

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

Dan wrote:

Even with global message and this teleport will have "life timer" (or untill it'll be destroyed) informing you encourage people to blob up. Small stuff even with a scout will be owned by hot drops.

Also what do you call expensive 50, 100m per teleport? So bigger corporations/alliances will just use their scouts on each map or use small roaming gangs to bait someone and hotdrop when encounter bigger numbers.

If you played stEVE you've know that 0.0 Warfare is focused on speedy roaming gangs ang tank over gank with back up cyno.

Also you'll get "similar" portal, reed da newz - quote from our "psycic's" interview in France:

DEV Crm wrote:

A new beacon of teleportation, which can jump to all portals within a certain radius, y-even those of the other islands.  Approximately 7000m of reach.

In my mind, the global will not signify which teleport, just the target island. I envisioned roughly 150m. I imagine it would have a 5 minute warm-up time and a 1 minute life time.

I still dont like the idea. It, for sure, remove the risk of losing very expensive stuff because you dont need to do protected or ninja tranports.

32 (edited by GLiMPSE 2011-07-13 00:49:05)

Dan wrote:

I still dont like the idea. It, for sure, remove the risk of losing very expensive stuff because you dont need to do protected or ninja tranports.

You're going to use one of these to transport for 150mil? or potentially 300 mil if you're going both ways? Is that really worth it to save a little bit of time?

I can't imagine a corp that uses this sort of logistics staying cash positive for very long.

GLiMPSE wrote:
Dan wrote:

You're going to use one of these to transport for 150mil? or potentially 300 mil if you're going both ways? Is that really worth it to save a little bit of time?

I can't imagine a corp that uses this sort of logistics staying cash positive for very long.

Thats the problem. I can. When they are going to introduce "gamma" islands they will eat a lot of NIC or other resources. Hauling alliance production, modules, minerals or any other stuff, i.e., bought from a global market (when you exchange NICs in amount of billions) will require extreme safety. So are you going choose between paying a decent price to safely move or make Call To Arms just to get it done?

I pick CTA, because it require move players involvement and another opportunity for epic PvP

The price needs to be high enough to deminish any gain saved from this sort of situation. As I said early on, the numbers are rough so if it needs to be 250 that's fine.

I think this would be fair if it could only target the islands external teleports and had a cooldown timer similar to the emergency ones. Call it a "Long Range Teleporter" and change the current ones to "Short Range Teleporters".

NIC cost is never a limitation. it just takes time and people to get ANY amount of money in the game. that's what the EVE online devs learned the hard way. supercaps should have been rare and very expensive to acquire, now any zerosec alliance without one (or several) has no chance.

it either does work well with the gameplay or it does not. cost to acquire is never a factor.

so much for history lessons.