Topic: weapon jamming

When you are in the middle of locking someone/thing and you fire your weapon/miner etc. your module jams (starts the cycle but doesnt fire/use ammo). Its a waste of time if someone hits space bar to fast etc.

Also same effect happens when you try to shoot someone whos under syndicate protection (green stuff) on beta islands. Ofc you get PvP flag too...

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

Re: weapon jamming

Dan wrote:

When you are in the middle of locking someone/thing and you fire your weapon/miner etc. your module jams (starts the cycle but doesnt fire/use ammo). Its a waste of time if someone hits space bar to fast

There's a window of opportunity that is created by having a slightly faster lock time then the ECM cycle time, which allows you to get 1 volley off in many cases before losing lock.

Not a bug, the 'waste of time' is there so you have to time your alpha strike and not automattically fire when you lock.

Arga wrote:
Dan wrote:

When you are in the middle of locking someone/thing and you fire your weapon/miner etc. your module jams (starts the cycle but doesnt fire/use ammo). Its a waste of time if someone hits space bar to fast

There's a window of opportunity that is created by having a slightly faster lock time then the ECM cycle time, which allows you to get 1 volley off in many cases before losing lock.

Not a bug, the 'waste of time' is there so you have to time your alpha strike and not automattically fire when you lock.

That sounds like justification of broken game mechanic

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

Arga is right though - what would you do when this would get "fixed"? Hammer space to oblivion until it works?

DEV Zoom wrote:

Arga is right though - what would you do when this would get "fixed"? Hammer space to oblivion until it works?

That or you could add weapons "stand by" mode which would activate selected modules when target will be locked.

think youre asking for an action queue like in eq2 and 'elsewhere'

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

I tend to think mechanics like these would dumb down gameplay. Skillful timing is a very important strategic factor.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I tend to think mechanics like these would dumb down gameplay. Skillful timing is a very important strategic factor.

Ok, I get that, but could you at least remove PvP flag since you even didn't shoot/fire a missile at someone under syndicate protection?

Dan wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok, I get that, but could you at least remove PvP flag since you even didn't shoot/fire a missile at someone under syndicate protection?

Yes, that sounds like a valid bug.