1 (edited by Aerodrome Engineer 2011-07-18 01:26:33)

Topic: Perp-Carto.net - Online Mapping Application and More!

You know you like to play Perpetuum Online, but;

A). You want to know where your best spawn is located?
B). You want quick and easy access to where the best minerals are?
C). You want a way to share that information with your corporation, but not let your enemies know?
D). You want a way to plan your attack or where to place the best defenses but have no way to share that information securely?

I have the tool for you!  In testing now is Perp-Carto, Perpetuum Cartographer is an online mapping application that will make your life and your corporations easier. Perp-Carto can do all of the things above and more each day.  As a PHP/MySQL application is has the ability to grow with customer demand, change to fit your needs and all around make the word (Nia anyway) a better place.

Some in Progress screenshots

Youtube.com videos of it in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfbUTjnWcB8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEgp7_svr-c

How to be a tester

This application is currently in testing by NeX and once it has passed internal testing we will open it up to external testers.  For now I just want to show you what is coming down the pipe and would like to hear about what you think would make a great addition to the program.

Re: Perp-Carto.net - Online Mapping Application and More!

Awesome -- I know this sounds a bit deuche'... but can we get this as a web application as opposed to a local executable?

sweet!  nice work.

Now that is a nice application. Good work.

5 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-07-11 20:07:59)

GLiMPSE wrote:

Awesome -- I know this sounds a bit deuche'... but can we get this as a web application as opposed to a local executable?

AFAIK It is web-based.  O.o

edit: i think in the vid he is just running it as a localhost.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

Looks great, good work.

7 (edited by Aerodrome Engineer 2011-07-11 20:34:58)

GLiMPSE wrote:

It is a web application!

Winter Solstice is correct, in the videos it is being run on the localhost, but right now it is deployed on the tubes for internal testing.

Aerodrome Engineer wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:

It is a web application!

Winter Solstice is correct, in the videos it is being run on the localhost, but right now it is deployed on the tubes for internal testing.

Oh, great news.

Awesome job.

Right now I'm working on a few different 'modules' that will allow its purpose to be extended.  I've got a heat index function planned where each island is assigned a 'heat index' based on the number of kills on the island in the past x time period.  I'm working with the developers to get me x,y cords of each party in a kill mail  (hey DEV's don't forget about that).  This will allow me to replay some battles on the map and add 'hot spots' on the map where kills happened.

But I want to hear from you.  What do you want added. What do you think would be useful!

Looks like an excellent idea!

Can you incorporate the FOOM Scan Application tool as a layer??  Being able to see passable terrain layers while artifacting would be a HUGE boon!

BugSplat wrote:

Can you incorporate the FOOM Scan Application tool as a layer??  Being able to see passable terrain layers while artifacting would be a HUGE boon!

Wut, this exists?

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis! smile

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

BugSplat wrote:

Hum, looking at this page:

http://www.aengr.com/Scan1App/walkthrough.htm

I don't think it would be too hard, but I havn't put much thought into how to actually code it yet.I'll look into it.

BugSplat wrote:

Hum, looking at this page:

http://www.aengr.com/Scan1App/walkthrough.htm

I don't think it would be too hard, but I havn't put much thought into how to actually code it yet.I'll look into it.

Yes, that, I actually use it exhaustively while exploring.  Unfortunately the topo map layers are terribly vague once you get right down close trying to determine where you want to move to.  Having 'impassable terrain' layers visible determined by the bot you're piloting would help out a lot in narrowing things down.

Very nice work.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Looking really excellent.
Have you talked to the perp-kill developer as I see you are planning on showing kills / losses and I expect this will be from imported mails? It would be nice to be able to pull the feed from a KB as well.

More about the killmails latter for now its in planning.   I'll get to work on the "FOOM Scan Application tool" as a layer now

The terrain data, such as it is, is now part of the FOOM ScanApp.  It is broken down by bot size for each map.  Unfortunately we found out the terrain data does not include buildings, highways, or plant data.  On islands like Hershfield, you can really see that there is a lot missing.  If AC ever releases that data, it would be very easy to put it into the overlays.

Nice look app there Aero!

I feel like someone punched me in the gut

?

----

Winter Solstice wrote:

?

Ref:  His name and what he said.

Winter Solstice wrote:

?

Ref:  His name and what he said.

As usual, I'm slow. big_smile

----

sweet, ill keep my eye out on this.

Nice work guys! Awesome job, I  hope to see it out soon I would love to help test it.

Thanks, I should have a limited public test here soon.

Ok, lets try a public test of it with limited user accounts.

How to be a tester

I want to stress that we are testing the application and not using it. There is a difference, please explore all options. You may attempt to break it, it should work. If you want to test the application please use on of the user accounts below. Some are in the same corporation as others, some are not. So you may see things that are not from “CORPORATION”, but you should NEVER see something in “YOURS” that isn’t something you made.

I would like to hear your comments, suggestions, and hear about your bugs or problems. You will need to use Google Chrome all other browsers will fail to load it or run it.

The link is here: http://www.perp-carto.net

use and test with any of the following accounts

testuser3 / testuser3
testuser4 / testuser4
testuser5 / testuser5
testuser6 / testuser6

Ready for testing. If your using anything other than Google Chrome your results will suck (ie it wont work). Just saying.