1 (edited by StainlessSteelResolve 2011-07-08 01:05:22)

Topic: Perpetuum Online Multi Chart

Hi there, was a bit bored and feeling "Photoshopy".
I know there already are similar charts available but i thought hey why not make one that looks good.

It is not yet finished but i will finish in the next couple of days, just started and now i have to go to bed.
It will incorporate the Race NPC resists damage types and ammo types and their damages ammo stats and eventually the bots.
Hope someone will find it useful.

Cheers !

http://www.mrfisse.com/Perpetuum/

I noticed it turned out a bit small font-wise, so it's not for those with bad eyesight smile

Re: Perpetuum Online Multi Chart

Posted by Neoxx

Lots of unused space, but the style looks nice so far.  Id suggest ridding the dead space in the resist graphs and putting the title on the left.

Maybe display the damage amounts in graph style to show relatives, as base numbers aren't that important.

Are you planning more than damage related things?  Sensor strengths and detection/masking by bot class?

Thanks for the pointers, yes there is alot of unused space, im gonna try to move the title to the left and see how it looks, might mess with the aesthetics though. I know im ridicoulous.
Might also try expanding the graphs further to make them longer and more clear.

The next section i don't quite get what you mean but graphs is always nice so please explain a bit clearer if you have the time.

When it comes to the bots there will be more info than on the bullets. Not all of it though because then the page will become miles long. What would you yourself want to see there/think is important info-wise?

And again thanks for the cc.

Represent the damage amounts as a graph so you can see what percentage of your damage you're doing in each time.  You could even display the graph as X% of your total damage in each type, then have the actual damage number on there as well.

As far as additional graphs, how each bot type compares in detection/masking is important to recognizing how far away a certain enemy could see you, and how far you can see them.  It could be represented in circles, with the middle of the circle being the bot type, and outer circles being the distance at which you see the other bot types.  If you wanted to see how far away they see your type, just look for your circle around the other types.

Sensor strength graphs are important for e-war modules, as they effect how often those modules work on your target, similarly to hit dispersion and your chance to hit your target.

By the way, what happened to my post?  Why did it magically disappear?

->You just lost The Game<-

It was in a different thread, which was closed by a dev. He prolly forgot to move your reply.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

It certainly wasn't me working a new plan to increase my post lead by reducing your count

-.-

Arga wrote:

It certainly wasn't me working a new plan to increase my post lead by reducing your count

-.-

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Wish I had this as a poster haning up where my wife could yell at me for it.  Awesome job.  My ony suggestion for this is the deadspace, too.  Perhaps put a pic of the strongest bot from the lists in the box nex to their ranks.  One would be cool for each box, as putting all the bot pics is too much.  One angry bot in each empty box would be pretty freaaking cool for a poster.

Thanks alot, finished a bit more of it now and corrected some damage values that was incorrect. Added some graphics from the Perp website into the headers on Segretos request and added the NPC types and medium ammo types.

SO.... MUCH..... OUTER..... GLOW.... !!!!

about the ammo types - please sort them a bit more logical

eg. compareable ammo in same row:
chemo/chemo/chemo/chemo
multi/composite/smite/composite
vulcano/udc/sonic/ TFJ
crypto/magnedart/heatIX/ flechette

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Neoxx: Haha more glow to the people!.... i might have went a bit over the edge on that yeah.

Annihilator: I've tried to do that, think most of the types are on the same horizontal line that they should be. Some of the bullets don't have the same characteristics as the other ammo types and some deviations on the missiles as well. Still i think it's pretty clear that the ones that has equal damage type (not looking at their primary damage type) is on the same lines.

Nice job. Thanks.

ahhh, npc names and their group name are plain wrong. sorry

armadillo doesnt sound like "scout", right?

gonna fetch some more data bout that to get rid of this missplacement once and for ever

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator: True it does not sound right at all.

I also linked the chart via the FOOM wiki site due to it's simplicity and utility.

Annihilator: You were absolutely right about the NPC types, they were all messed up. Has been corrected now though. Thanks for the headsup !!

better but not right either:
List ist not complete yet, dont have access to all heavy mech and ewar types (someone give me a t4 chassis scanner and i will complete it wink

Interceptor
Demob, LWF, Drainer

Mongoose (Prometheus), Thunderstrike (Yagel)   , Filch      (Castel)
Viper    (Intakt)    , Earthquake    (Cameleon), Brigand    (Trojar)
Jackal   (Baphometh) , Hellraiser    (Arbalest), Halberdier (Waspish)

Scout
Chassis/Cargo-Scanner, LWF, neut

Mantis   (Prometheus), Smasher       (Yagel)   , Herald     (Castel)
Lynx     (Baphometh) , Devastator    (Arbalest), Barbarian  (Waspish)

DPS
Tunings, Armorplates, Hardener, short range weapon (high damage ammo)

Scorpion (Prometheus), Havoc        (Yagel)   , Grunt       (Castel)
Ram      (Baphometh) , Cremator     (Arbalest), Executioner (Waspish)
Wolf     (Artemis)   , Blastwave    (Kain)    , Gallowglass (Tyrannos)
Gharial  (Zenith)    , Pulverizer   (Vagabond), Lancer      (Ictus)

Tank
Armorplates, Hardnener, Chemoactive Ammo, Repair-tunings

Armadillo (Artemis), Firestorm (Kain), Hoplite (Tyrannos)

Thanks a lot for that, will update accordingly.

19 (edited by Sundial 2011-07-24 04:35:10)

Great great recourse, been sending it to many of our newer players and it helped me alot when i was new.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.