1 (edited by Norrdec 2011-07-07 15:50:08)

Topic: Reimbursement of "lost" cans

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/35776/#p35776

The contents of a field container can be reimbursed when its timer ran out due to a disconnect/crash and nobody could recover it. However this process can take as long as 24 hours.

A big THANK YOU. This happened to everyone at least once. Is this connected with the changes in code for the field containers in the game?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Re: Reimbursement of "lost" cans

I think this is more in response to all the recent server resets, and just setting expectations for any future issues.

Norrdec wrote:

Is this connected with the changes in code for the field containers in the game?

It's connected to having a log of containers now smile

How can you tell the difference between unintentional dc and logoffiski? tongue

Sabre906 wrote:

I would guess the crash log thingy for one. The ask you to send the report when you crash. Then again i could be wrong.

quote=Jelan "Edit: Same old, same old. - DEV Calvin"

DEV Zoom wrote:
Norrdec wrote:

Is this connected with the changes in code for the field containers in the game?

It's connected to having a log of containers now smile

The logs... they show noth....something! lol

(Couldn't resist)

7 (edited by Sabre906 2011-07-08 00:20:51)

RG_Sha wrote:
Sabre906 wrote:

I would guess the crash log thingy for one. The ask you to send the report when you crash. Then again i could be wrong.

I'm sure there are ways to trigger that crash report. Besides, some people's comp crash totally, not just the game client. For a typical session change crash, it takes a few seconds to restart and log back on. If the can is that close to expiring, you probably deserve to lose it. This just seems like a way to extend can lifetime until the yerr pirates go away. tongue

Or just the simple back log - gm see's person logout/crash at 15:15, see him login at 15:35. The can log can prolly see if anyone accessed it and when.

As the timer on this is 24h, it's possible that the log is somewhere deep OR there is a bit of data that has to be analyzed before recovery.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

i think its more related to server disconnect/crashes, not personal ones.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear