Topic: 0.01 NIC Bids

Well, im pretty sure most of you have noticed a problem here.
You think market pvp should be this sissy? put a minimum bet so little- wanabee- brokers dont screw the market adding 00.01 nic to a damn bid.
, anyhow, we players have the tools to stop this and my suggestion here is dont buy to those lamers, you have the choice to buy form the seller you want.
mayb i need to make my point more clear, you put a buy offer tetrachromin (or whatever) 45.00 Nic pay taxes,. and later on another guy bids for 45.01. I would definetlly sell or buy form the non exploiter.

Enjoy

Re: 0.01 NIC Bids

Mininum order increments are an established tenet of free markets.  Working as intended?

The Blind Bot -- watch your six, my aim aint so good these days!

dont doubt its intended and does not seem a bug or alike, nor im asking for a oficial acction for such a niusance
it just a sugestion, if you dont like to be grieffed in market, dont buy form 0.01 bidders. smile
you are right "free" markets are free, but you also fight or encourage especulation and other economical unbalances.

why should i pay extra 0.01 to you?

whats in it for me?

4 u Sr, candies

6 (edited by BossMan 2010-12-02 17:43:58)

So you wonna make money of the market, but you dont wonna have to pay attention to it.

Its a free player market, and its working as intended. You sir, are the wanabee here, if you dont know the obvious solution, to a non problem.

ok , .ill bite
You dont know a fun about the time i spend or i want to spend in market. I know the solution to my problem, wich starts by not listening such constructive opinions and passes by not buying anything with a difference of a 0.01 NIC since the game allows me to.
I could bet 0.05 nic that you are one of those skilled merchants that make proffitable and risky bussines with this uber method.
I just pointed a discussion subject and remeber people that if they get griefed they can react not buying from dealers who just will save you 0.01 NIC, if that does not like you im sincerily  sorry.

8 (edited by BossMan 2010-12-02 19:21:56)

El Meromero wrote:

ok , .ill bite
You dont know a fun about the time i spend or i want to spend in market. I know the solution to my problem, wich starts by not listening such constructive opinions and passes by not buying anything with a difference of a 0.01 NIC since the game allows me to.
I could bet 0.05 nic that you are one of those skilled merchants that make proffitable and risky bussines with this uber method.
I just pointed a discussion subject and remeber people that if they get griefed they can react not buying from dealers who just will save you 0.01 NIC, if that does not like you im sincerily  sorry.

Im one of the skilled merchants that just dumps the price till the .01 competetion dont wont to undercut anymore. Its really not hard. If you have your corner set up right, you should be able to make the best margin of anybody at whatever your area is. If they can undercut, it just mean they have a stronger presence, and it should be their products you get. Mostly its a sign that traders, like myself, make ridiculous markups, that really should get lowered.

u owe m 0.05 NIC Mr Boss smile
and 0.01 its not undercut, imo its plain copycat. Not even on big stacks anybody could get any significant saving from buying from a skilled merchant that only rises bids of last merchant, who maybe made some research on market.
0.01 its no risk, imo again.

El Meromero wrote:

and 0.01 its not undercut, imo its plain copycat. Not even on big stacks anybody could get any significant saving from buying from a skilled merchant that only rises bids of last merchant, who maybe made some research on market.

Yes its the same price, but he can still sell it at same price. Just dump till he cant anymore. Problem solved

I dont see the problem. .01 NIC or 5000000000 NIC, if theirs is cheaper people will buy it.
Just get smarter about the market.

I know I goto the gas station that is .01 cheaper when there is no downside to going to the gas station (like if its a BP). Why do would people's buying habits change in a market that is online? Yup it sure does suck when someone undercuts you by a penny but that's the point of a free market isn't it? So adapt or get left in the poor house.

Like someone else said, if you move your price so far below the penny pinchers your product will sell quickly because people will see an opportunity to buy your stuff and mark it up to the penny pincher level for a profit.

El Meromero wrote:

Well, im pretty sure most of you have noticed a problem here.
You think market pvp should be this sissy? put a minimum bet so little- wanabee- brokers dont screw the market adding 00.01 nic to a damn bid.
, anyhow, we players have the tools to stop this and my suggestion here is dont buy to those lamers, you have the choice to buy form the seller you want.
mayb i need to make my point more clear, you put a buy offer tetrachromin (or whatever) 45.00 Nic pay taxes,. and later on another guy bids for 45.01. I would definetlly sell or buy form the non exploiter.

Enjoy

goodluck getting people to not buy the cheapest priced mod on the market wtf were you thinking when you made this post have you ever been to jita.

It's called free markets. Stop crying and be more active in the market yourself. Geez.

Well, there's always the chance that someone will sell out both bids and you'll end up getting it cheaper than the other guy.

0.01 less is till 0.01 less, Free market is exactly that, undercut them by another 0.01 or get out of the market, this is exactly what happens in the real world with items selling for 4.99, then 4.95. I have actually seen stores advertise that they would sell for $0.01 less than any other advertised price.
Whining because you got undercut by a penny is very similar to whining because you lost a fight by one HP, deal with it and move on.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

I'd say that if you don't like my .01 offer in front of yours, lift it....then you can be the front guy again.  If your offer finally sells, then be content that you made a .01 more than me.

As a buyer of goods, my suggestion is for you to practice what you preach, and go a solid 20% lower and than I will buy from you, but don't go just .01 lower please because than I may just buy from the guy above you.

El Meromero wrote:

Of course 0.01 is undercut, if it wasn't it wouldn't be an issue for you would it? If no one can save any money buying from these orders, then why the objection, no one would care......
When buying stacks of ammo, minerals, etc. that penny can add up fast. I also am a merchant toon, and have no problem with it, selling or buying.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

The way to keep other people from undercutting you is to offer a price that is actually difficult for them to undercut. Yes, this means you get less than monopolistic profits. That's the consequence of competition.

Artem Blue wrote:

The way to keep other people from undercutting you is to offer a price that is actually difficult for them to undercut. Yes, this means you get less than monopolistic profits. That's the consequence of competition.

Agreed!

RG: Ceo
RovingGuns.com; Playing with honor since 1997.
If it's not fun then your doing it wrong.

There's a 10 minute timer on pulling an order down, pretty sure. Unless you have selling trained chars playing the 0.01 game on multiple items is fairly useless, excepting if there's very few buyers. Dedicated traders will obviously win if they have free slots.

Almost discovered this in the worst way possible too.

Just force 1% overbid/undercut.

Imagine me asking a contactor for a second price on a 1 mil contract and he comes back to me with 999'999.99. I would laugh in his face and stick to the first

Well something was changed because my .01 nic undercuts are getting rounded up now, it's a terrible idea IMO.  If the devs don't want fractional pricing then they should eliminate the decimals... restricting under/over cuts when selling/buying to a % difference is a bad thing as well as it encumbers the markets.  If the devs want to make things more significant, drop the decimal points and reverse the inflation (lower mineral recharge rates, eliminate all infinite buy orders (nic printing presses), raise the infinite sell order prices (price ceilings) and create an economy with real scarcity... then the minimum increment means something.. I'm not advocating these actions, but you can't have high inflation and a market with minimum bids that remain meaningful over any moderately long term.

@Krupp - I would laugh at the contractor too, but this isn't a bidding process.  It's a market. Markets are fluid and dynamic and not at all like fixed bids. Consider the foreign currency markets that trade in pip's (.00001 units).  Or the US stock exchange that saw a tremendous rise in volume/fluidity (healthy for the economy) when they lowered the minimum increment to .01

"You're living in a parallel universe." ~Syndic

competition haters neutral