Topic: Micro-Transaction Store

I like the way the game is setup now, where you buy a subscription and apply it to an account.

It would be great if this concept was carried over into the micro-transaction store.

Concept: What your're currently calling a subscription gets turned into an Online Credit; for instance you can buy a credit voucher, for any amount.

This voucher is then redeemed in the micro transaction store, tied to a specific account; the 'account' gets a the credit, lets say for instance, $ 9.95.

The store offers subscriptions at the same rate advertiesed on the website, as well as the micro-transactions.

In this way, I can buy a $100 voucher and apply it to the account, and pay both subscription fees and paint jobs from the same pool, without needing to provide a credit card or paypal authorization for each item.

Being able to do all the 'financial' maintance of my account form a single place is ideal.

So;

* Ability to purchase store credit directly from AC
* Ability to purchase a 'voucher' from external sources as it is currently, and 'apply' it to the store.

This means, if you want to go direct and provide AC with your personal and payment information you can, or if you prefer to remain using the existing system you can do that too.

It also opens up the likelyhood of having ingame purchasable subscription tokens in the future, ala eve; which I know its too early for, but its a fantastic feature that Perp. should very much be looking at implementing at some point.

Re: Micro-Transaction Store

.. this goes in feature discussion .. and 45 thumbs down .. cash shops are a VERY slippery slope.  i saw it ruin lotro, i don't want to see that happen again.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

I disapprove of microtransactions that affect the game. Paint jobs I'm fine with, and maybe avatar changes, but absolutely nothing else whatsoever.

Needs moving to features....

On topic... Personally I would like them to allow me to tie my current accounts to one master account. I log into the master account and then choose which sub account I want to log into the game with...

In terms of account management, it also means I could buy £200 of AC Credit and apply it to my sub-accounts (having account renewals out of sync bugs me....) as needed, it would also be great that if I wanted to hibernate an account, I could pull the AC credit off it back into the pool and use it there, I could also then use the AC credits for micro-transactions, again being able to buy with the master account and then assign 'paintjob tokens' or whatever onto my accounts/chars.

Btw did I mention this was in the wrong forum big_smile

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

Kalsius Dakalsai wrote:

Needs moving to features....

On topic... Personally I would like them to allow me to tie my current accounts to one master account. I log into the master account and then choose which sub account I want to log into the game with...

In terms of account management, it also means I could buy £200 of AC Credit and apply it to my sub-accounts (having account renewals out of sync bugs me....) as needed, it would also be great that if I wanted to hibernate an account, I could pull the AC credit off it back into the pool and use it there, I could also then use the AC credits for micro-transactions, again being able to buy with the master account and then assign 'paintjob tokens' or whatever onto my accounts/chars.

Btw did I mention this was in the wrong forum big_smile

I like this idea. I have 3 accounts and I have no idea what their refresh timers are sad

Like any other tool, micro-transactions aren't themselves evil.

I put it under the blog, but forgot to add it here;

As long as the purchasable items don't directly effect your agent's power in the game, there's no downside to it.

Being able to trade subscription time for NIC does affect you power, by giving you more NIC in game, so that would have to wait until the economy was able to support such things.

This game really promotes multiple accounts, and there's really no negative to this as long as the person is paying to play them, being able to manage them all from a central point would be a great benefit.

Like it or not, micro-trans are a way for companies like AC to keep sub fees lower, encouraging more population, while allowing some players to optionally support the game and get some kind of unique mark for doing so.

Yeah definately should be no microtransaction that have any actual effect on the game, stuff like paint jobs and cosmetic stuff fine but shouldn't have anything to impact Nia. Otherwise the wallet warriors win by default and while the income could really help a company in the very short term it hurts in the long run.

Confirming there will never ever be game affecting items in the micro-store.

Posting to say that we eve players came here to ESCAPE microtransactions.

I don't want a perpetuum monocle neutral

Wotan wrote:

Posting to say that we eve players came here to ESCAPE microtransactions.

I don't want a perpetuum monocle neutral

I think when AC talks Micro Transactions they mean Micro and not anything like the Mega Transactions that are in stEVE. smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

DEV Calvin wrote:

but a pink ictus WILL affect the game! I'm pretty sure it will...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

It will increase the popularity of the ictus.
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3139/helloictus.jpg
whats not to love?

DEV Calvin wrote:

^This!

However, getting to this answer should have taken two weeks of in-game rioting and silly forum rage.  ...  Hmmm, perhaps not.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

I need 1000$ japanese pants.... seriously why have they not added this big_smile

I don't think people read the op too well. Posting a reply saying you don't want pay to win and only want cosmetic MT is completely irrelevant. As for what the OP actually asked, I don't really mind, I won't be using MT on the account of being a poor bastard, but if it streamlines the process, it would be good for the customer and the retailer one would think.

I agree with the credit system You can buy $10 of Perpetuum Credit and spend it on either subscription or paint-jobs. The credit should also be transferable to friends so you can pay their subscriptions if you're feeling rich. smile

Have time codes and credit codes will be annoying.