Topic: Different View(s)

Namely "Cockpit" view.

I'm willing to bet that lore somehow will prevent this, or at least give an excuse of not implementing

Eve did it.

BUT, adding a cockpit view will add a ton of immersion and add some epicness to the game. Especially with long travel times (which I hope never go away).

I know this isn't Machwarrior...

Re: Different View(s)

These are robots that do not have a cockpit.  They only have camera "eyes".  With some robots it might look interesting seeing the chassis around the camera eyes but on many it would just be like looking out from eye level and not seeing anything.

I dont think it will be as amazing as you think it will be.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Think Ironman's view. I know our character's aren't inside the robot (Mech), but a view for that vantage point would be very cool.

With the read outs, scanners. ect..ect..

4 (edited by Alexander 2010-12-01 18:56:11)

"Forward View" would be awesome but very hard to read the battlefield. Good for walking around and videos but combat it'll be hard.

The Game

The "ironman view" is just a HUD like we already have on the screen.  Unless you're suggesting a 3D hud using flash or something thats tied to the positioning of the robots head then you should stop wishing and move on to something else.

An eye view would be nice when scrolling all the way in, but it may be very difficult without reprogramming the models to not have some odd clipping due to model movement when the camera is so close to it.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

I think there should only be the eye level view. It doesn't make any sense according to the lore that we can see our robots from a third person view. Unless there's a part in there I missed about turtles riding flying clouds with a camera on a stick.

Not a big fan of a 'cockpit' or 'first person' view other than for novelty. I can't see how this would be an efficient way to maneuver the virtual world.

To each their own though.

Neoxx wrote:

you should stop wishing and move on to something else.

Just asking a question in Q & A.

*edit* Nice try - DEV Zoom

Need a charcoal color maybe? Or some kinda dark gray text option...