1 (edited by BeanBagKing 2011-07-01 06:25:00)

Topic: Database Dump

I haven't seen this requested yet and found nothing with a search, which surprises me, it's something I figure most people would be asking for.

Are there any plans to release a (heavily edited) database dump? Or did I miss it somewhere? I'm talking about the tables that list all the data for in game items and stats, skills, locations/terrain data, etc. Not player or market info, or anything of that nature.

These things would be extremely helpful in building 3rd party tools like the Perpetuum fitting tool, Perpetuum skill planner, killboards, maps and route planning tools, and a whole host of other things I haven't the imagination to consider.

Along these same lines, I notice that the Perpetuum Planner has an image for everything, is there an image dump available?

Re: Database Dump

BeanBagKing wrote:

I haven't seen this requested yet and found nothing with a search, which surprises me, it's something I figure most people would be asking for.

Are there any plans to release a (heavily edited) database dump? Or did I miss it somewhere? I'm talking about the tables that list all the data for in game items and stats, skills, locations/terrain data, etc. Not player or market info, or anything of that nature.

These things would be extremely helpful in building 3rd party tools like the Perpetuum fitting tool, Perpetuum skill planner, killboards, maps and route planning tools, and a whole host of other things I haven't the imagination to consider.

Along these same lines, I notice that the Perpetuum Planner has an image for everything, is there an image dump available?

The Perpetuum Planner github page has instructions on how to extract the images (and other resource files) from the Perpetuum.gbf file. I've used this as a basis for a couple of projects, including the hi-res island maps used by the Foom Scan1App (raw maps available here).

3 (edited by BeanBagKing 2011-07-01 09:25:00)

Alatari wrote:

The Perpetuum Planner github page has instructions on how to extract the images (and other resource files) from the Perpetuum.gbf file. I've used this as a basis for a couple of projects, including the hi-res island maps used by the Foom Scan1App (raw maps available here).

How up to date is that data though? I know a few of the extensions are wrong, which can be corrected, but what about the item/bot stats and such?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I misunderstood after reading the github, I was assuming you could get the data out of the Perpetuum planner as well. Can you? It seems to only give details for getting images out of the perpetuum.gbf

BeanBagKing wrote:

How up to date is that data though? I know a few of the extensions are wrong, which can be corrected, but what about the item/bot stats and such?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I misunderstood after reading the github, I was assuming you could get the data out of the Perpetuum planner as well. Can you? It seems to only give details for getting images out of the perpetuum.gbf

The Perpetuum Planner data is available as "planner_data.zip", via the downloads link. No idea how up-to-date it is thought.