Re: Character Deletion EP Cost (updated)

I think this system simply gives people a way to convert EP into NIC. What is to keep me from creating an extra account just for the purpose of running these missions? Sure I wouldn't want to do this with the account I plan to play from. I wouldn't want to waste the EP on that account but $10 for a month of EP gives you 15 deletes plus 7 for the initial 20k you start with plus the 4 that you wont delete at the end. 26 runs for $10 is how much NIC?

On the other hand. If deletes cost as much in NIC as you tend to get from running the missions then a new account would really only be worth the 4 initial characters. A $3 trial for 4 runs is not quite as good. Plus, too many email address after a while to set up.

Keep EP pure. That is, let it directly correlate ones tenure in the game to the amount of development (though extentions) they have. Don't turn it into just another currency.

I'd rather them convert 2 days of EP into NIC than turn 45 minutes into NIC.

When you get to decent levels higher there are more profitable ways of getting NIC, anyways.  The point of this is that it throws off the early game a LOT and needed to be nerfed.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

True, this definitely helps and I think it will be an adequate solution. I would simply rather see rewards balanced (nerfed) and have the "Tax" more directly impact what people are trying to get from this exploit.

54 (edited by Chief Ubenor 2010-12-01 19:46:34)

is there something I dont' understand?

What does keep me now from creating alts and running them tutorials as many alts as I'll have available? I'll just won't worry about deleting all these alts to not be charged EP. I mean these alts will just sit there dormant, its not like they gonna suck my EP out of main character, are they/ What am I missing here? How charging EP for deletion of the character on account will prevent me from creating alts and running tutorials?

Ah I tink I just got it - I won't be able to do it ENDLESSLY... Hmm, ok. Are there really fools that just run alts delete them and then run more without end?...

BTW, you know who may be doing it? - gold sellers. Thats how they will be making money.

Chief Ubenor wrote:

is there something I dont' understand?

What does keep me now from creating alts and running them tutorials as many alts as I'll have available? I'll just won't worry about deleting all these alts to not be charged EP. I mean these alts will just sit there dormant, its not like they gonna suck my EP out of main character, are they/ What am I missing here? How charging EP for deletion of the character on account will prevent me from creating alts and running tutorials?

You only have 3 slots. Your way you can get 2 alts = 2 light bots extra per account.

Their way they delete the alts and they get 2 light bots extra per day per account.

But if deletion costs EP then doing that suddenly isn't so smart anymore.

*Insert really awesome sig here*

I don't think they were smart in the first place by running 2 new alts every day... Thats quite a goal, huh? lol lol