Re: Serious exploit found, accounts and assets removed

I'm supprised that Jelan, the biggest mouth of M2S, has not made comments on this yet.

On a side note we ought to add "Not taking the DEVs for fools" in this thread :

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … surviving/

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

gj dev's ty smile

jelans last post was on day of purge...

theres a possibilty that he has no account to answer as "jelan" anymore wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

To anone thats been around a while I dont think this could be considered a surprise. The real shame in it is how many people did it drive away.

One victory that can be held in this is that despite the exploits, the cheating and the talk about how they were better, M2S never achieved dominance due to the hard work of Norhoop originally and the recent coalition after.

May the game be better after this.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

better 4 sure
l\/light take time to recover, doing nothing would have made the worst publicity a mmo needs, we have seen that lots of times. Devs had no chance, the cheaters took their´s.

Jita wrote:

To anone thats been around a while I dont think this could be considered a surprise. The real shame in it is how many people did it drive away.

me, for one ... "playing the game" is one thing, bloody cheating is, screw you jack ... I got better things to do.

Apologies to my corp, be back Soon™ (No lie. It’s going to happen. It’s going to happen really freakin’, like, eventually. But it will happen!) wink

TTFN neutral

107 (edited by Crepitus 2011-06-08 13:58:14)

Edit: Please do not post private conversations with DEVs. - DEV Calvin

I'm glad Styx is gone, I hope to God the DEVs learned their lessons and will stay out of corps, politics, and destroying large parts of the game based on one ***'s ideas (kernel nerf anyone?)

As for the comments about Jelan, I saw him in Help! at night like the day of.  I don't think his account is banned but I'm sure he got kicked in the balls and being the most vocal pro-m2s-we-rock-you-we're-so-awesome *** he doesn't want to feel the full force of the I Told You So's.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

yeah, saw jelan and Siddy online, which have been missing since the purge. Though, Siddy wasnt that much online lately anyway.

Now lets see how much M2S can accomplish without their production-backbones they had since the corp was created. Blackomen M.I.A and and Styx banned -> this is going to be very intresting!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Jita wrote:

One victory that can be held in this is that despite the exploits, the cheating and the talk about how they were better, M2S never achieved dominance due to the hard work of Norhoop originally and the recent coalition after.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you was already out of the game when Styx started exploiting. I understand your urge to feel important with whatever you've done with your times Norhoop blob, but M2S dominated back then with quite an ease oftenly winning fights with 1:3 odds. Belitteling M2S achievements and trying to portray things in false colors will not make you any "greater". It's long gone past by now, you lost that war. Let it go and move on.

Aphilas wrote:
Jita wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you was already out of the game when Styx started exploiting. I understand your urge to feel important with whatever you've done with your times Norhoop blob, but M2S dominated back then with quite an ease oftenly winning fights with 1:3 odds. Belitteling M2S achievements and trying to portray things in false colors will not make you any "greater". It's long gone past by now, you lost that war. Let it go and move on.

I dunno. I think he's right. And to be honest, you guys didnt win all that often when you came to norhoop when RG and Joke were on the island. Not until you and CIR got together. I remember several times leading the defense force that wiped your group, and hearing about several more that I missed. You managed to make some nice ganks, like on Adom's seth, but once we got formed up we chased ya'll off pretty easy.

I think the fact that m2s allied with GG, X-23 and mathi in the early days was in fear of AXE/Joke/HUN/Chaos. styx always had a little *** envy when it came to Jita I think. Rose colored glasses are rose colored. If styx's post can be belived, he was doing it 3 weeks after the insurance fraud, which is long before Jita's absence.

m2s's "achivements" to date mean absolutely squat btw. First was insurance fraud, then exploiting/duping. We'll see if you guys have the mustard to do anything of note now that you dont get free bots. I know you guys consider yourselves and alot of others consider you the best on the server at pvp, and I won't say you're not... but if the rest of the server had unlimited bots/mods to practice in, how good would they be? You guys took alot of big risks in fights, and it paid off for you, but we'll see if now that there'll be hours and hours of work for abunch of people to replace 50 t4 fit heavy mechs changes how you guys fight.

Jita... any chance of a return anytime soon? I miss you bro tongue

Reset each other yet?

SmokeyIndustries wrote:

I dunno. I think he's right. And to be honest, you guys didnt win all that often when you came to norhoop when RG and Joke were on the island. Not until you and CIR got together. I remember several times leading the defense force that wiped your group, and hearing about several more that I missed. You managed to make some nice ganks, like on Adom's seth, but once we got formed up we chased ya'll off pretty easy.

In the early days those defending Ewar squads were somewhat of a problem, mainly because we didn't have the velocity nexus at the time and you evidently did making it easy for you to catch up with our forces.
Other than that, sometimes we won, sometimes we lost.
It's not like we were constantly winning with CIR's assistance either.
That campaign wasn't half as successful as they make it out to be.

SmokeyIndustries wrote:

I think the fact that m2s allied with GG, X-23 and mathi in the early days was in fear of AXE/Joke/HUN/Chaos. styx always had a little *** envy when it came to Jita I think. Rose colored glasses are rose colored. If styx's post can be belived, he was doing it 3 weeks after the insurance fraud, which is long before Jita's absence.

I wouldn't call it fear as it was more of a necessary counter reaction to a quite massive alliance being formed. We were the last ones to do that after all.

The only thing Jita was really good at was his dissocial behavior in general chat.
That's nothing anyone should strive to exceed at.
Everything else he might have done sort of went below my radar as I'm not sure if he FCed anything or not. Not sure how Styx perceived it.
Admittedly him getting on our comms disguised as Hidden Carrot and citing that famous quote from Pulp Fiction was pretty awesome.

SmokeyIndustries wrote:

m2s's "achivements" to date mean absolutely squat btw. First was insurance fraud, then exploiting/duping. We'll see if you guys have the mustard to do anything of note now that you dont get free bots. I know you guys consider yourselves and alot of others consider you the best on the server at pvp, and I won't say you're not... but if the rest of the server had unlimited bots/mods to practice in, how good would they be? You guys took alot of big risks in fights, and it paid off for you, but we'll see if now that there'll be hours and hours of work for abunch of people to replace 50 t4 fit heavy mechs changes how you guys fight.

This would be a valid point had we known at the time that we couldn't possibly run out of those bots. It's not like we deliberately suicided stuff into enemy squads on the off chance to get someone killed before explosion damage was implemented. Originally that only happened when we were chased around an island and it became clear we wouldn't get off it so there was only the option to turn around and make a stand or get picked off one by one over time.

It wasn't until recently that we started losing comedic amounts of stuff. I honestly don't know how many T4 heavies died at Brightstone that day but 50 might be in the ballpark.
I still remember how surprised some people were that F-Navy used the same tactic against us that we used against the coalition at Nauwy. Like it somehow wasn't the most obvious counter to plated heavies sitting directly under an outpost.

Anyway, we'll see how things play out. Now everyone has a few weeks time to actually move into those beta outposts without having a bunch of people who are bored out of their minds run by and blow them up every so often.

112 (edited by SmokeyIndustries 2011-06-09 06:30:11)

Maybe I'm reading the situation wrong... but if it was me, and noone told me "Hey, go mine 1000u of epriton, we gotta replace those bots you got blown up" I guess I would start thinking that it really didn't matter that much to me if it got blown up.

Jita did quite a bit of FC'ing, and he's the man responsible for the ***, which was quite effective on the citizens of domhalarn a few months ago.

Question now is... it always seemed like it was styx+friends vs Jita+friends. Those two gone, it should be intresting to see the next vaccum. Maybe it'll be buracracy vs Syndic? buracracy vs intruder? Or maybe some players we've yet to consider. Should make for intresting times in the near future.

Reset each other yet?

bureaucracy wrote:

In the early days those defending Ewar squads were somewhat of a problem, mainly because we didn't have the velocity nexus at the time and you evidently did making it easy for you to catch up with our forces.
Other than that, sometimes we won, sometimes we lost.
It's not like we were constantly winning with CIR's assistance either.
That campaign wasn't half as successful as they make it out to be.

It's a matter of perception and objectives Ponti. Was our campaign successful in breaking Norhoop and grinding them into the dust? No. But that was never CIR's objective; we never had grief with other Norhoop corps aside from JOKE who signed up for our outpost. Their annihilation and removal from the game as an effective corporation was the only objective we had. From that perspective, we were 100% successful.

bureaucracy wrote:

The only thing Jita was really good at was his dissocial behavior in general chat.
That's nothing anyone should strive to exceed at.
Everything else he might have done sort of went below my radar as I'm not sure if he FCed anything or not. Not sure how Styx perceived it.
Admittedly him getting on our comms disguised as Hidden Carrot and citing that famous quote from Pulp Fiction was pretty awesome.

I was never impressed with how Jita manuevered things, both on and off the field. Going to a neutral entity, signing up for their outpost and telling them that if they don't stay neutral you'll grind them into dust and send them back to Alpha? Yeah, thats one way of making enemies. 18th of February, 23:23 Server Time. Told him to remember that date and time.

bureaucracy wrote:

This would be a valid point had we known at the time that we couldn't possibly run out of those bots. It's not like we deliberately suicided stuff into enemy squads on the off chance to get someone killed before explosion damage was implemented. Originally that only happened when we were chased around an island and it became clear we wouldn't get off it so there was only the option to turn around and make a stand or get picked off one by one over time.

Wasn't "unlimited supplies" always a trolling statement of some M2S, as another remark about obvious superiority regarding the rest of the server?

bureaucracy wrote:

It wasn't until recently that we started losing comedic amounts of stuff. I honestly don't know how many T4 heavies died at Brightstone that day but 50 might be in the ballpark.
I still remember how surprised some people were that F-Navy used the same tactic against us that we used against the coalition at Nauwy. Like it somehow wasn't the most obvious counter to plated heavies sitting directly under an outpost.

Honestly I had no idea either. I thought it was 30-40 at best, then F-Navy linked us their kill-board and it came up to 54 heavy mechs.

SmokeyIndustries wrote:

Jita did quite a bit of FC'ing, and he's the man responsible for the ***, which was quite effective on the citizens of domhalarn a few months ago.

Question now is... it always seemed like it was styx+friends vs Jita+friends. Those two gone, it should be intresting to see the next vaccum. Maybe it'll be buracracy vs Syndic? buracracy vs intruder? Or maybe some players we've yet to consider. Should make for intresting times in the near future.

Would you believe I had no idea what a *** was until I read about it? I'm sure it was effective versus Enclave and a few other corps, but CIR never ran into it in all our time on Dom. Or if we did, we didn't notice it being different from any other Yagel, laser guns or no laser guns.

As for some power vacuum... Syndic is quite happy for CIR to sit on Novastrov, and only own one outpost. As before, we only go to war when someone signs up to take/threaten our outpost. The rest of the server is quite welcome to compete for ownership of the rest of the world. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

New to the game, looking for Battle Reports and Tactics - if you guys have anything you could share with a newbie - send me a message.  I (and I'm sure a bunch of other Eve guys) recognize  a *LOT* of what we've read here...

Give competitive people a sandbox and set of rules for the sandbox, they will look for all the advantages they can get.

Interesting reading, to say the least.

By the way, which way to your version of COAD (Corporation, Organization and Alliance Discussion) - a greater cesspool of scum and villainy . . .   lol

115 (edited by Tulip Wednesday 2011-06-30 09:16:34)

DEV Calvin wrote:

All accounts, equipment, commodities, knowledge bases and NIC in relation to these exploits have been removed from the game. We also have suspended several accounts that we could connect to these illegal activities..

Excellent. I don't like cheaters, thieves, scammers, or those who take advantage of others from a enhanced perspective.

I do like a level playing field.

(posts extensivly relating to eve should be removed by the Devs for  being 'off-topic'.)