326 (edited by Byaahh 2011-06-30 00:15:15)

Re: Server load issues in the last 48 hours

Good Luck on the Patch!!! /fingerscrossed.

On another note: I'm not a big fan of queues... I think if you are (sadistically) dedicated to clicking a button for 30minutes straight, you should get in ahead of someone who just clicks every 30 minutes or so.

On a 3rd note: My humurous idea to ease all the frustration of servers being down, server caps, etc.. is this: Rather than compensate/credit players for lost game time, just up the EP to 3 or 5/min while the issues are going on. That way when you can't log in, it's like "Sweet! smile More EP for me!" And when then servers do get back to normal, you can feel kind of "awww... 1EP/min sad"

Update: patch delayed a bit, sorry about the premature warning, the guys need some more time to get it right.

328 (edited by Tag 2011-06-30 01:26:42)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Update: patch delayed a bit, sorry about the premature warning, the guys need some more time to get it right.

Bah that's cool. It's too hot to sleep anyway.

Also, random stupid vid to stimulate your work.

Hey DEVs/GMs,

I appreciate the hell out of all the work you're doing to accommodate this mass exodus.  You've made a pretty awesome game, the lag issues suck but you've made considerations for us on that end.  Anyway, nobody should be bitter about this, since EP builds up even during downtime/epic lag.  Oh noes, I'm missing out on four hours of L1 mission grinding!  What ever will I do?

Patch at 3:10 CEST, approximately 1 hour of downtime expected.

1) DEVs do give information on a) where is the problem b) what they are doing
Both is NOT normal for most game studios and both is VERY positive!

2) They don't tell us lies about "check your .ini, get new drivers bla bla bla". They clearly said: "it is our mistake"
I NEVER saw this happen before in any other game! And it's positive!

3) Everbody should understand, that they are suprised as it first started with the mass exodus of EvE players.
So @ALL EvE vets ... you should be the last to whine about anything as YOU are the one who growed the servers (yes, I'm an 07 EvE vet too).

As far as I can calc it, there are maybe 7 to 10 Developers.
With ~200 subs till now and a month fee of ~9€ it's ~1800€/month for ~10 Devs PLUS GMs and whatever ... that's around 100€/month for each of them after you take Server/Band cost and all Pizas&Coffee they need for late night work.

Would even one of you EvE Vets work at 1:00 in the night for 100€/Month ??

Are there EVE vets in here ***? Because if there are they should have shame face. By all that I've seen these DEVs are heroic.

Nothing endures but change. -Heraclitus

Jack Jombardo wrote:

With ~200 subs till now and a month fee of ~9€ it's ~1800€/month for ~10 Devs PLUS GMs and whatever ... that's around 100€/month for each of them after you take Server/Band cost and all Pizas&Coffee they need for late night work.

I can't give you exact numbers but 200 subs is quite an understatement here. 200 concurrent players do not equal 200 subs.

Just sayin' smile

I was wondering why I was able to get in on the first click. *starts praying*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtLLXjLEkdY

just sayin.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jack Jombardo wrote:

I can't give you exact numbers but 200 subs is quite an understatement here. 200 concurrent players do not equal 200 subs.

Just sayin' smile

Aye, if this game is anything like EVE, serious players have 2-3 subscriptions, one for PVP, another for Industry, and and a third for stuff like hauling (in EVE, it would be a capital ship pilot).

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06/26 … e-players/

Heres your chance Perpetuum.  Got to get this thing fixed before the big holiday weekend.  This weekend could move you into "The Game" to play for hardcore players.

I know you are working hard and am very grateful, but nows your chance guys, hual in the redbull and order the pizza its your day!

Fa1con wrote:

...Heres your chance Perpetuum.  Got to get this thing fixed before the big holiday weekend...

That would be the 4th of July -- Independence Day -- for all you non-U.S. folk.

Hums the Jeopardy theme song 60 times in a row...Like a metronome.

Knowing is half the battle. The other half is pure, unadultearated VIOLENCE.

Zedrik Cayne wrote:

Hums the Jeopardy theme song 60 times in a row...Like a metronome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIl68d5SXHk

now you don't have too.

SERVER IS BACK UP and our fix SEEMS to be working.

Come on guys, stress it!

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

DEV Gargaj wrote:

SERVER IS BACK UP and our fix SEEMS to be working.

Come on guys, stress it!

you want Stress? you GOT IT!

*logs in 2 accounts*

The issue seems to be resolved, the relay server went from 100% load to around 5%.

We are administering 4 days of free game time to all subscribed and trial accounts.

Thank you all for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience!

Thank you for all your work and especially for keeping us up to date on the process. Count me as another paying subscriber big_smile

DEV Calvin wrote:

The issue seems to be resolved, the relay server went from 100% load to around 5%.

We are administering 4 days of free game time to all subscribed and trial accounts.

Thank you all for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience!

You guys rock.

Thanks DEV team for your dedication and the frequent updates.  Sure I didn't get to play much as I started my trial during the initial rush from EVE, but your responsiveness and communication with the player community meant a lot more than having to contend with a player cap to play.  Count me in as another new subscriber and convert from that "other game" out there.

-Johnny

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Ill be in when I get home!  Checking the graph now!

->You just lost The Game<-

wait, does this mean the sky's no longer falling?

Neoxx wrote:

Ill be in when I get home!  Checking the graph now!

It's beautiful smile

Thanks to the developers for all of your hard work and perseverance through this.  You deserve amazing kudos for your determination to tackle the problem with full force and half sleep since the 25th, for keeping your entire community in the loop, and of course, for coming through triumphant.

Raise a glass for all of us. smile

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

typical low pop PST time zone -  i wants more west coasties  hmm