Re: Server load issues in the last 48 hours

Kerry King wrote:

nothing new to add to thread , but getting slightly irritated at the fact a paying subscriber cant login sad  so really the people who were here before this mass influx of players are getting the bad end of the deal here

You can actually do something else for a couple of days instead of rushing home and spamming the log-in button.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Go kiss your wifes instead. Do you remember how do they looking? tongue

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I bought a 30 days timecode (or whatever is called) two days ago and I was able to login only once.

btw, the game looked good to me.

I'll try again wink

Did the fix work? I haven't been online yet.

Darn it, can't get on again. Its like I never left eve. roll

Don't worry though, have had plenty of similar experiences with that other game so have been conditioned well.

Keep up the hard work.

Lotsa Luv a bitter vet.

Ps Sorry we broke your game neutral

I have a paid subscription but can not use the product......

What options do we have in this regard??

Kerry King wrote:

nothing new to add to thread , but getting slightly irritated at the fact a paying subscriber cant login sad  so really the people who were here before this mass influx of players are getting the bad end of the deal here

LOL Love the log in button spam....spammed the button for about a minute and it finally let me in. Guess the server figured what the hell, he's knocking at our door being annoying and won't stop, we better let him in.

NedStark wrote:

I have a paid subscription but can not use the product...... What options do we have in this regard??

Read DEV Calvin's post of Page 7 (post 166). The important part is:

DEV Calvin wrote:

All this time we spend chasing this issue will be free of charge to all of you.

Basically you'll not lose out on any game time and will still receive EP...

What we are dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law

NedStark wrote:

I have a paid subscription but can not use the product......

What options do we have in this regard??

Not many and whilst not being able to play the game is annoying there is an upside.  To paraphrase the dev's the clock isn't ticking and won't start ticking until again until this is fixed, so your sub is being comp'd these days for free and still gathering EP as per usual.

Fair... if annoying.

210 (edited by Jangor 2011-06-29 18:03:16)

Just a thought.

It may be helpful if people log out when they stop playing for a time.  In chat saw some guys saying they wouldn't log, just afk, so they could stay in game.  Understandable, I guess, but not really very helpful to the rest of the community.

See you all in game soon smile

Ok, can'y log in... Challenging issues....   

DEV BoyC wrote:

First of all we'd like to welcome the influx of new players to Perpetuum. The sheer number of new players caught us by surprise, and we're working around the clock to accommodate each and every one of you.... snipped...

Request: Tone down the 'thump' as the system error messages hit the screen, its painfully agressive.

Request: If your going to tell me not to do something I want to do, tell me when I can do it. Knowing user limits are in effect until you resolve server issues doesnt tell me what I need to know.  HOW LONG DO WE WAIT, is it ten minutes, of which nine have gone, or it it 20 hours, of which 5 have gone. Give some kind of forecast, or point to a blog entry that will giove some kind of expectation.

I'm started to get needlessly frsutsrated, I want in to play the game, as do others, but your message  gives me no indication I can use.

Do I go to town for the evening and come back to find you came on line the mment I switched off, or do I sit here trying needlessly untill some time tonight wasting several hours?

Your error messages are annoying and frustrating and not very well thought out. Technically they may be good, for a computer techs point of view. From a game players point of view, they are useless.

This may sound banal, but if you date time stamp your error messages, we get a feeling of how long they have been there, an hour, a day, a few moments.

Give an Estimated time for return to some service, and point to a weblog entry detailing what, where, how, when, you know, all the good stuff you need to know to be able to do the one thing you want to do, act like a paying customer wanting to pay  agame on the Internet.

Thanks.

Sorry, I know you won't read this, and if you do read it, you wont change anything, guess I'm just venting.

Just thought I'd add a little friendly word from Aeterna - Welcome to all you new people. Aeterna is a corp founded two months ago by eve online exodites, so it's very refreshing to see so many of you finding your way here. Of course we're been used for 75% of the playerbase being ex-eve, but this is quite something.

Once we can all login again, if any of you are looking for newbie friendly corps, check with me or my people for info. Recruiters would be myself, JonasML, illeah, Cara, Drago Mon.

As to the server, please remember that the entire team behind Perpetuum is only 15 people, and that includes all the modellers, texture artists and sound design before you even get to the coders, so a few days to narrow this bug out isn't bad at all. They're a dedicated crew, and after playing eve for 6 years, I can tell you they are a damn sight different to CCP - which is precisely why I'm here.

My humble suggestion for you new guys would be for you all to reg for one month of time to try the game out properly - the devs have stated they'll refund this null time, and since you'll still get EP on your account over time, even without characters it should be handy big_smile

See you out there.

213 (edited by Raife 2011-06-29 18:54:21)

Tulip Wednesday wrote:

Ok, can'y log in... Challenging issues....   

DEV BoyC wrote:

First of all we'd like to welcome the influx of new players to Perpetuum. The sheer number of new players caught us by surprise, and we're working around the clock to accommodate each and every one of you.... snipped...

Request: Tone down the 'thump' as the system error messages hit the screen, its painfully agressive....

If they knew exactly how long it would take, or even an estimate, I'm sure they would tell us. Contrary to your belief, they do read the forums, and they do communicate to the best of their ability.

I know you are just irritated and venting (as a lot are), but they are trying and they do take the community into consideration.

DEV Calvin wrote:

Well, this wasn't the day we fixed the server. We are going to get some rest and carry on tomorrow. We have isolated where the problem is, so we did make progress today.

Until then a 350 player cap is in effect. At the moment we do not have the tools to make distinction between paying and trial players. All this time we spend chasing this issue will be free of charge to all of you.

We are very sorry about the inconvenience, we will do our best to get this out of the way!

So your telling me the server can only hold 350 people after i payed for a month? so the lag thing is realy YOU don't have the bandwidth to handle players... Just say it! stop calling it lag. its you DO NOT have the bandwidth.

Spawnster wrote:
DEV Calvin wrote:

Well, this wasn't the day we fixed the server. We are going to get some rest and carry on tomorrow. We have isolated where the problem is, so we did make progress today.

Until then a 350 player cap is in effect. At the moment we do not have the tools to make distinction between paying and trial players. All this time we spend chasing this issue will be free of charge to all of you.

We are very sorry about the inconvenience, we will do our best to get this out of the way!

So your telling me the server can only hold 350 people after i payed for a month? so the lag thing is realy YOU don't have the bandwidth to handle players... Just say it! stop calling it lag. its you DO NOT have the bandwidth.

Come on, thats not even a very good troll.

->You just lost The Game<-

Status Update please!

Has the problem been found?
Can the problem be fixed?
Will Perpetuum be renamed 300-Online?

Raife wrote:

If they knew exactly how long it would take, or even an estimate, I'm sure they would tell us. Contrary to your belief, they do read the forums, and they do communicate to the best of their ability.

I know you are just irritated and venting (as a lot are), but they are trying and they do take the community into consideration.

I made full subs because I have faith this idea is going to be a rather good one. Love the concept and I dont have a bad word about anyone, devs, artists or players. Just I would like the error messages to be either a  little more informative, or at least a point to where more informative information can be found.

Example, (to show I am not angry or anything) telling me its will be fixed soon, is rather meaningless, when is 'soon' and hour or a minute. if the error message is time stamped I know then its been down for x hours or x minutes. A message to a blog advising me to try every few minutes, or try in an hour would be handy as I could then map my time and do other things without wasting time hitting the enter key.

I am not surprised the teams have been caught out by a large influx of players, we must be heaven and hell for them, and certainly a good stress test. Just dont want to be dismissed as  'just another customer' when I ask for simple, logical, customer freindly changes to be implemented.

We know the world can go to hell and back, systems can collapse,  unknown things rear their heads when you least expect them, but the companies that do best, do best by their customers. This is tried and tested and why so many exe eve players are here now.

VS

Alexander wrote:

Status Update please!

Has the problem been found?
Can the problem be fixed?
Will Perpetuum be renamed 300-Online?

Its 400-Online right now.

->You just lost The Game<-

Well I've been fondling the log in button now for so long I think it's in danger of developing 'Joggers Nipple' so I best leave it for tonight and try tomorrow.  A note for the Dev's, if the worst happens, then advice for the log in button may be found here -> http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/t … ers-nipple wink

Just a guess: Shut down the Server and then noone can troll around because he is paying but cannot play while other free accounts can play.

Tulip. Not sure what more the Dev's can do for customer service? The server is actually up and running, it's just full.

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fee … h_1200.png

Tulip Wednesday wrote:

Request: Tone down the 'thump' as the system error messages hit the screen, its painfully agressive.

This.  It's a touch out of whack with the volume of everything else; minor niggle though but one to add to the todo list IMHO.

although i admit I'm getting frustrated too, i understand that this is a small and new game, but a rough estimate of time scale would be much appreciated.

*edit: Offensive. - DEV Zoom

Arga wrote:

Tulip. Not sure what more the Dev's can do for customer service? The server is actually up and running, it's just full.

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fee … h_1200.png

So, wait, because the servers are running, and everyone that is in is having a good time, -ing tough luck on you for not being logged in? Is that what your saying? Is that what you call 'Customer Service'?

Neoxx wrote:
Spawnster wrote:
DEV Calvin wrote:

Come on, thats not even a very good troll.

Its not a Troll... Do you know what bandwidth is? it would seem i am correct. if you dont have enough of it lots of people cant log in... just like any other INTERNET GAME no bandwidth = 350 players end of story.