Topic: Bug changing market prices

I have an item listed on the market.  Price was 490,000.  I tried to change it to 489999.99.  It claims to have changed it as I'm unable to change it again for 10 minutes but, the price remained 490,000.  Had someone other than myself check and they confirmed the price remained at 490,000

Re: Bug changing market prices

I've experienced similar issues whereby orders seem to be rounded (sometimes even more than to just highest integer).

3 (edited by Alfredson 2011-06-28 18:50:51)

Removed

Noted, it seems to only happen on larger amounts (>100k or so).
It's not lag related, I could recreate it on our dev server.

(#3476)

I can also confirm the issue was here before the lag issues started. Thanks for noting it.

Evangel wrote:

I have an item listed on the market.  Price was 490,000.  I tried to change it to 489999.99.  It claims to have changed it as I'm unable to change it again for 10 minutes but, the price remained 490,000.  Had someone other than myself check and they confirmed the price remained at 490,000

If it's a bug I certainly hope they keep it as it is.
The 0.01 price wars should stay where they belong... in Eve.

Why the market price are rounded sometime ?

It happened really often that when i want to modify an advert to stay the first, both selling and buying advert, the price don't appear at the value i wanted to.

With small price it's ok, there will no rounding as far as i tried it. For exemple if someone sell Titanium at 19nic/unit, i will manage to put it at 18.99nic//units

But with high price, the rounding thing start to come.

For exemple, i put a buy order for a seth at 22 000 000 nic.
During the day, another guy put a buy order at 22 100 000 nic.
If i modify my advert to stay the first, and put 22 100 000.01 nic. It wil appear  on the market at 22 100 000 nic.

If i try with 22 100 000.50, it will be the same, the price will be rounded at the lower value.

I think it should be better to control the exact price of our market adverts, rounded price is not good for bizness cool

I hope i manage to make that understandable wink

0.01 bids are ok with ore prices, but what you described it taking stuff out of proportion.
Have the decency to at least bump your price by a thousand. NIC bumping in this case is bad for biznas.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Marketing have nothing to do with decency...

I just think we should totaly control our price orders...

11 (edited by Norrdec 2011-07-26 11:47:10)

OK, so how about this - we need to save space for those big buy orders, on the cons side you can't have a 0.01 nic war. Working as intended.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

I'm not sure if i totaly understood what you said... nevermind

0.01 war worked well on eve, and perpetuum marked should be like eve marked

Naral wrote:

I'm not sure if i totaly understood what you said... nevermind

0.01 war worked well on eve, and perpetuum marked should be like eve marked

why?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Naralh wrote:

Why the market price are rounded sometime ?

It happened really often that when i want to modify an advert to stay the first, both selling and buying advert, the price don't appear at the value i wanted to.

With small price it's ok, there will no rounding as far as i tried it. For exemple if someone sell Titanium at 19nic/unit, i will manage to put it at 18.99nic//units

But with high price, the rounding thing start to come.

For exemple, i put a buy order for a seth at 22 000 000 nic.
During the day, another guy put a buy order at 22 100 000 nic.
If i modify my advert to stay the first, and put 22 100 000.01 nic. It wil appear  on the market at 22 100 000 nic.

If i try with 22 100 000.50, it will be the same, the price will be rounded at the lower value.

I think it should be better to control the exact price of our market adverts, rounded price is not good for bizness cool

I hope i manage to make that understandable wink

Or, I could just .01 and make a lot more nic.

This is a known issue and is happening due to floating point imprecision. The higher the price, the less precise it becomes.

(#3476)

But you shouldn't play .01 nic wars in the 20 million region really big_smile

16 (edited by Alexander 2011-10-03 17:42:58)

You shouldn't be able to set decimal NIC prices past anything that has a unit price of 100 or more NIC.
0.00 to 99.99
And then 100+