Topic: Rate Perpetuum at mmorpg.com

While the servers are down and you feel you need to do something Perpetuum related, please visit mmorpg.com and submit your rating.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game … ew/ratings

The rules quoted from mmorpg.com:

PLEASE NOTE: Manipulation of the ratings will result in the reset and disabling of this game's ratings. Examples of manipulation include (but are not limited to): creating multiple accounts in order to drive up the rating, developers encouraging fans to vote the rating to a specific number, and the offering of incentives for fans to vote up the rating (such as in-game rewards).

Thank you for taking the time to support us!

Re: Rate Perpetuum at mmorpg.com

Please can u set up your board so that links open in a new  browser window or tab!!!!!

It does in my browser.

Bonnie Jose wrote:

Please can u set up your board so that links open in a new  browser window or tab!!!!!

Hold down ctrl while clicking a link and you get it to open in a new tab. Thought it was common knowledge, but l guess l was wrong.

Just a note but it might be a good idea to tell your marketing guy to talk with the people at mmorpg.com...

They are a fairly important mmo-related site (i think everyone will agree on that) and they have not a line about the upcoming expansion (since this is what it seems to be called nowaddays).

Bonnie Jose wrote:

Done. This has to be some kind of record. Thx, Garg.

hmm, the trial agent forum section was opened 20minutes after suggestion big_smile

PLEASE NOTE: Manipulation of the ratings will result in the reset and disabling of this game's ratings. Examples of manipulation include (but are not limited to): creating multiple accounts in order to drive up the rating, developers encouraging fans to vote the rating to a specific number, and the offering of incentives for fans to vote up the rating (such as in-game rewards).

Please Note: this general rule was added to that feature, thanks to Perpetuum smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

8 (edited by CrepitusAntiPettyPeople 2011-05-04 18:04:35)

here's the mmorpg.com news blip about it.  it's currently 2nd on the list.

it ate my link first time

Guess my suggestion paid off tongue   "added on may 4th"

DEV Calvin wrote:
Bonnie Jose wrote:

I still think it's a bad idea though.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

4. Opening a new browser window disrespects the desires of your users

ha ha!

Oh, sorry Gargaj... just that it seems every user desires the page to work how they want it to, so looks like we need quantum time traveling web pages that can query the user and send back the desired action to the server in the past so everything operates as desired.

DEV Gargaj wrote:
DEV Calvin wrote:
Bonnie Jose wrote:

I still think it's a bad idea though.

I agree with you.
There are options to open a link in a new tab or a new window in almost every browsers and if not then don't use it.
I can still open these links in a new window without it forcing me to focus on them which is nice so I guess for this method no harm is done.

The Game

It does not open a new window. It opens a new tab.

My argument is reversed. The frustration of clicking the back button (backspace) and it doesn't work is a non-destructive annoyance. Closing the original window by reflex, losing the viewed thread AND losing it from the new posts, having to guess what topic group it was in is a gunshot to the abdomen area every time.

Yes, I am mad.

I just wrote a program that randomly pops open perpetuum threads and I spew stuff into them... Quanitity over Quality!!

smile

bah, they want you to have at least 5 points or such before you rate a game sad

I noticed that BoyC and I have almost the same join date, way back in 2005...can't believe I have never posted at that site, so looking for forum posts to add to (without spamming or such) so I can get a chance to give PO a rating.