Topic: Dynamic Mining Locations

Once a mine field is depleted from a tile, it should be gone. Presently once all mine fields are known, there will be no need for Area Based charges! All fields will be documented somewhere!

Re: Dynamic Mining Locations

Waldy_Angeloak wrote:

Once a mine field is depleted from a tile, it should be gone. Presently once all mine fields are known, there will be no need for Area Based charges! All fields will be documented somewhere!

Correction: Once all mine fields are known, there will be no need for [you to have] Area Based charges. Anyone who hasn't discovered that mine field still needs to find it.

And btw, grats to you if you find all the mining locations. Why would you want to start over? There are currently enough complaints about grinding. This would only force people to spend even MORE time looking for ore, in addition to the time spend mining it.

I am thinking it should be on a random spawn similar to how SWG did it.

-Gallowglass-
I've played just about everything once. Now it's Perpetuum's turn.

random spawns ftw

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

5 (edited by Jero Kane 2010-11-30 22:58:30)

Foo wrote:
Waldy_Angeloak wrote:

Correction: Once all mine fields are known, there will be no need for [you to have] Area Based charges. Anyone who hasn't discovered that mine field still needs to find it.

And btw, grats to you if you find all the mining locations. Why would you want to start over? There are currently enough complaints about grinding. This would only force people to spend even MORE time looking for ore, in addition to the time spend mining it.

That the mining itself is as boring as hell as it is in EVE Online. Is a completely different matter.

The way it is now, with static spawn locations. It won't be long till the big guys will be camping all over the place and emptying all the spawns in no time.
Making it for new players almost impossible to get anything done.

Just look at the current level 1 combat missions which also have static spawn locations.
They are camped to death right now by bots with idiotic fast target locking speeds killing all the new spawns the moment they appear. They are already killed before you even finished locking.

This night I could not get a single combat mission done, because of this. As litterly every spawn location was perma camped by these bots.   I just gave up and logged off.

Foo wrote:

Want to find a mining field?   Just watch your radar for an Argano and follow them. You'll locate every field in no time at all.

Waldy

Actually you still need to scan in order to tell which tiles are depleted and which are not since it doesn't update until your next scan.

Littlealex wrote:

Actually you still need to scan in order to tell which tiles are depleted and which are not since it doesn't update until your next scan.

Agreed. But I don't pack any area charges. I'll only need tile charges to find the best mining node.