Re: Server load issues in the last 48 hours

Server full. No problem. I'll wait. As long as I don't see someone wearing a monocle for 1,6 billion NIC I'm all fine with it.

Long live the dodos.

OK...I'm sure you guys will get it fixed ASAP. However, in the interest of fairness (and randomness), why not just leave things as they were...a few more than 600 get in, some crash once and a while and logging in becomes a lottery, not the Berlin Wall?

If there is no hardware or software damage being done by an occasional dump of random players, then what harm is there?

Just because you can control something, does not mean it's the best or fairest way to deal with the issue.

Sutter: this is really a choice between bad and worse, but I think it's better to provide a smoother gameplay for 500 than to have a bad experience for 600.

Sutter wrote:

OK...I'm sure you guys will get it fixed ASAP. However, in the interest of fairness (and randomness), why not just leave things as they were...a few more than 600 get in, some crash once and a while and logging in becomes a lottery, not the Berlin Wall?

If there is no hardware or software damage being done by an occasional dump of random players, then what harm is there?

Just because you can control something, does not mean it's the best or fairest way to deal with the issue.

Its not dumping random players, its dumping everyone.  I'd rather have the people who can get in have a solid experience than a large number get blown up because the server wasnt stable then complain they lost their bots or just quit.

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fee … h_1200.png

->You just lost The Game<-

Getting a DC while in the middle of PVP combat could result in a lost Bot. Policy is not re refund Bots lost during PVP, but they will refund bots lost in PVE if it was the server's fault. I suspect your solution would result in a lot of GM refund requests for this known issue, and result in about the same level of frustration.

Sorry about this being the weekend, for myself too, this is a large portion of my entertainment for these 2 days.

Watch out, i here reading what you guys said!

Sutter leaving things as they were would mean the server becoming severely unresponsive - the damage would be that no one could play. This is a temporary stopgap measure until the issue is fixed.

Arga wrote:

Getting a DC while in the middle of PVP combat could result in a lost Bot. Policy is not re refund Bots lost during PVP, but they will refund bots lost in PVE if it was the server's fault. I suspect your solution would result in a lot of GM refund requests for this known issue, and result in about the same level of frustration.

Sorry about this being the weekend, for myself too, this is a large portion of my entertainment for these 2 days.

I have the next 2 days off, so hopefully it will be worked out by then tongue

But for now I am not as disappointed to have to go to work as I cant get in to play anyway!

->You just lost The Game<-

-.-

Any chance these new guys will buy a Riveler MK II for 35M NIC smile

I'd just like to report there's a massive number of bots running around in Perpetuum.  Do you have any plans to deal with this?  tongue

But seriously, thanks for taking all of us who are migrating from EVE Online.  I already subbed (yay low prices!) and I think a lot of others will too.  Hopefully this will give Perpetuum a serious boost in subscribers and activity...and presence in the market.

Also posting to say sad I haven't talked to a Dev yet.  But the mere fact that I can, and most likely will, fills me with joy.  big_smile

And of course there are no monocles.

Make it worth guys, i already get 3 eve accounts banned in forum due floods to people come try Perpetuum :-)

But this amount of people coming here is really unexpected!! Long live for Perpetuum team, and good luck fixing the "problem".

Of course there are no monocles. Bots have at least half a dozen eyes. That would be over US$500.

That's cool, this games still in its infancy, it was bound to have hiccups. I'll wait while you pat it on the back and coo at it. tongue

Everything flows; nothing stands still. -Heraclitus

39 (edited by Goffer 2011-06-26 20:49:22)

I appreciate that efforts were taken to allow a small base a good gameplay.

Nevertheless I would like it more to play instead of reading the forums hmm.

If it is easy possible, you shout extend the error message that you can't log in with pointer to this thread, as I think it would have helped me saving some time, if I would have found the hint whats going on a bit earlier.

Nevertheless still thumbs up for this great game. The sum of all annoying bugs in more than 6 Month is way below the list I'm used from other games.
It is quite frustrating sometimes, eg when loosing bots due to server issues and GM declare they could not reimburse, but I have seen worse things happening in other MMO.

Is there any kind of ETA on when others can log in again? I'd like to play today, but can do other stuff if necessary?

41 (edited by Arga 2011-06-26 20:56:38)

The server Cap seems to be around 500, with peak demand  reaching 600 there are a number of players that can't log in. So the server is accomodating a large portion of the potential players. Dev's have said abouthey are working on the fix, so they can remove the Cap, but you should be able to log in sooner.

You can always check the graph here;

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fee … h_1200.png

If its under 500 you should get right in. If it's 'flat' at the top, you'll just have to get lucky and log in as someone else logs out.

Razgon this might take a while, the server team is hard at work on the issue, but no ETA sorry. In the meanwhile we're gradually increasing the limit of players being able to log in.

Goffer: that information is displayed in the server status message, on the client login screen. Watch that space for updates as well, besides the forums.

Edbert needs his fix.

Renan Ruivo wrote:

This has been an ongoing spam since last night..

And I think I speak for the refugees here when I say, in the terms us old EVE players use and can understand:

UNDOCK AND BRING IT.

There's something to be said for knowing everyone on the game server, but I'm sure glad to see some new red glowing sensors out there.

Mine, fight, and be Merry!

Perp 95% less *** then Eve, at least for now smile

Any chance of free monocles being given to those us that can not get into game atm? Thanks for communicating. I can wait

Arga wrote:

I'll gladly sit out the next couple days, and give my 2 spots to the trials.

I'm new but had my trial and subbed so I'm also happy to shoot the breeze and let fresh trials in.

DEV BoyC wrote:

As for not letting the trials get in: that would require a server patch on its own right - we intend the server patch to fix the issue instead.

In case of 'arkhe based ddos attack' you may do not let trial accounts jump to new alpha islands where most of old players live (and new players who recently upgraded their account will move there soon too).

Melor Rend wrote:

I can understand your frustration over not being able to log in (I even share your frustration) but I would ask you not to direct your internet anger at the new guys, even if it is technically our fault for migrating here and revealing a hidden bug in the process

Despite this hidden bug and login problems we are glad to see new players. smile

"Get off my lawn, you dam kids"

- The Alpha-II islands are natually more dangerous, but the server issue is with the relay, and not the world server so the Island isn't the issue, its just the number of logged in players.

Nothing stopping them from visiting A2, but the single outpost makes for a long run back if you get killed smile