1 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-06-20 03:40:19)

Topic: RODEO Event 6/19/11

Hello,

We'll be running a new event this coming June 19th, at 20:00. In this event we'll be having a rodeo contest for teams of 2. The idea behind this is that you and a partner will go inside a spawn and try to tank it for awhile. The spawn will consist of 3 assaults and 3 light bots. The team that can tank the spawn for the highest amount of time wins. It's pretty simple, and it's easy. You bring your bot, stay inside the spawn and get blown up.

A developer will be on hand to replace bot losses for this event. So you do get everything back! big_smile

The team that stays the highest amount of time wins first prize, and the team with second highest will win a runner up prize.

The developer sponsoring this event has mentioned he'll be sprucing up the area a bit for this.

Rules:
What: It's a rodeo, go into a spawn and stay inside the marked area long enough and you/your partner win the prize!!!
When: June 26th 20:00
Why: It was a nice idea put by one of the devs, and I thought it would be fun.
What: Assaults and lower are allowed with tech 1 fitted gear.
Who: You and your pal!
Where: I'll update this, but it's a spawn near galoly station. It's surrounded by some hills, with the mobs right near each other.

Let's see who can last the longest..... or has balls of steel.

2 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-06-20 03:57:22)

Re: RODEO Event 6/19/11

Hi,
  This event took off with dev mancs helping. This is one of the first events I've done in conjunction with the developers and it turned out MUCH BETTER then I'd hope! It was very fun to do. It was our first time doing it, so this post will serve to report the results how it went, and then I'll follow with some short cons/pros:

Summary:
We had the following people in attendance( Roughly 15 people observers/participants )

Teams WITH SURVIVAL TIME:
alex(CHAOS) & Mara Kaid ( 62nd ) : 4:42
Kanogi (62nd ) & Inda ( HUN ) 12:15 *** 2nd place
Selmak to ra ( GITS ) & alena ( AET ) 3:43
WARUX & SAHA (ATG) & (M2S ) 18:24 <-- winner.
Responsor (62nd) & Dev Mancs ( DEV ) 7:04

What happened:
Well contestants brought out 2 assaults tanked fit, and were to sit in an arena that was terraformed by the developers. In this arena wave after wave of spawn would come at them. The spawns comming were of mixed colors of 3. Here is the spawn order as we saw fit:

1st spawn:
3 RGB lights / 1 ewar

2nd spawn: 2 minutes later
3 RGB assaults ( RGB = red/green/blue )

3rd spawn: 2 mins
3 more RGB lights

4th spawn: 2mins
1 HEAVY MECH

5th spawn: 2 mind
3 more RGB assaults

6th spawn:
3+ more heavy mechs

ULTIMATE SPAWN:
3 observers...

It was a blast watching people use the cover, the trees and bouncing aggro in order to tank the monsters. All bots were replaces by the users. We had open coms.

My team did ok for moving around. Kanogi's team did very well and lasted several moments. Dev Mancs team did very well staying awhile. ATG and M2S's team lasted very long utilizing the wasps and something else hahaha..

I took pictures:

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq18 … rodeo1.jpg
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq18 … rodeo2.jpg
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq18 … rodeo3.jpg
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq18 … rodeo4.jpg

In some you'll see the observer spawns and such!

The devs actually made a nice arena, and I encourage people to come, this was t1 fitted assaults and lower. The dev team had just t1 fits.

We will do this again, but require more people to move around instead of standing still.

Winner was Warux and SAHA congratulations, with KANOGI and INDA runner up.

Thanks to dev mancs for doing this, and I hope the developers will do more events and work to help add dynamic content to the game that isn't pre-programmed in.

Thanks all, we will try to do this again sometime soon!

NEXT WEEK IS HERSHFEILD BATTLE ROYAL SEE POST!

***NOTES(Stuff I forget to mention that is fun)***
One of the participants didn't have a teammate and dev mancs helped him.
The arena monsters would agro the contestants a lot OOPS.
sometimes the spawns were redone several times to aggro the rodeo guys
Europeans have different view of what rodeo is.

3 (edited by Inda 2011-06-20 09:42:48)

Thank you to Mara Kaid to the event and DEV Mancs.

That was very fun and good for reach little bit more experience.

I have an idea, I think we should try that we can shoot off the enemy. This is an other game. (but i don t like stop in the circle and waiting for die (RODEO event))
If you can shoot off the enemy you can do more thing to survive I think, so is probably more interesting.

Any idea?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Gratz to Warux (go ATG!) and Saha for winning the event big_smile

Inda wrote:

Thank you to Mara Kaid to the event and DEV Mancs.

That was very fun and good for reach little bit more experience.

I have an idea, I think we should try that we can shoot off the enemy. This is an other game. (but i don t like stop in the circle and waiting for die (RODEO event))
If you can shoot off the enemy you can do more thing to survive I think, so is probably more interesting.

Any idea?

Yeah that's what people thought, and it's ok, next time we do that.

I just wanted it to be an "American" rodeo, where you ride the bull and not kill it.