Topic: Perpetuum on Steam?

I just throw in a thought.

Has AC been considering to get PO listed on Steam, Indi Game section?
I don´t now what requirements AC would have to meet, to have PO listed in steam.
Or what financial aspects would go with this.

Like said, just an unfinished thought, I´ll just throw into this round.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Re: Perpetuum on Steam?

Steam? In my Perpetuum? NO WAI

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Actually this is a really good idea... STEAM is definitely a premiere delivery system for games and I think one of the most significant hurdles this game faces is just obscurity.  I had barely heard of it and I read MMO news daily.

I suppose it comes down to what it would cost to have STEAM list/carry the game.  Since the game itself is free I imagine there is some kind of fee or perhaps a per account charge to the company that might make this concept not possible.

Perpetuum would work great on steam. The only issue would be that the game already keeps itself up to date so all steam would do is provide the 2 megabyte EXE file which doesn't really help much. Would be awesome to get the game advertised on steam though. Not sure it would work out too well but I guess they could try to make it so the money on steam was just to buy a 30 day code and offer the 15 day free trial as well via steam.

Not sure how much money steam would want to charge them for this service though. sad

good stuff

IMHO Steam is mostly a resident-sitting senseless program that eats resources making everything else working bad. Game deliverance? You don't need it for Perpetuum, just simply download it from site.

Valve adds stuff that THEY want on steam,
not (put random DEVteam) choosing Steam as platform.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Line wrote:

IMHO Steam is mostly a resident-sitting senseless program that eats resources making everything else working bad. Game deliverance? You don't need it for Perpetuum, just simply download it from site.

Its not simply a platform to download a game from.  It would increase the visibility of Perpetuum 10 fold if it were put on Steam.   You apparently dont understand the power that that platform has.

PS:  You dont have to leave it running all the time.  Fire it up when you want to play a game then close it when you're done.  Stop being bitter about not having much RAM in your rig.

->You just lost The Game<-

Lol you will be even not need to launch steam executable. Look how eve works on steam: steam just distributing keys, and launches client from steamlib if u want.
Distributing keys through steam is good idea Mob!

Yeah, i've got 60 something games I got thru Steam. Perpetuum on steam would be win. They like indie devs too, but I have no idea what kind of deal you'd have to strike with them in order to get them to put Perpetuum on there. Would be pretty awesome though.

Well, if it will be key distribution only big_smile

Line wrote:

Well, if it will be key distribution only big_smile

What else would it be?  Its not like they'd host the servers on steam servers, or require it to be started through steam... although the steam UI in the background of Perpetuum would be sexy.

/adds Perpetuum to Steam game list

->You just lost The Game<-

+1! Perpetuum lacks advertisement, a banner at mmorpg.com is good, but I am sure tons of potential players do not visit such sites often. So steam key distribution is indeed what this game needs!

yeah I think it wouldn't be too hard for Perpetuum to get placed on Steam, not sure how much that would cost AC.

Heck Steam is now starting to list more F2P MMORPG games / Free to download MMORPG games.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23