Topic: Noralgis mishaps in the 2011-06-17 patch

In today's patch we made a mistake regarding plants: all plant layers have been copied over from the dev server to the live server and this incidentally removed all noralgis incubators from the terrain as well.

Unfortunately this process is irreversible, so in order to somewhat remedy the lost noralgis plants, we decided to randomly plant 50 tiles of them equally on all islands, both alpha and beta. Since there is no way to tell who planted them before, how many, and where, this seemed the only equitable way to make up for our mistake. (We have also accelerated plant growth for a short time, so there are harvestable plants right now out there.)

Happy harvesting, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Re: Noralgis mishaps in the 2011-06-17 patch

thanks... good job. yarr

Everyone should understand that any balancing generates only new a disbalance.

Сайт корпорации: www.chaos-online.ru
Раздел приема в корпорацию: http://www.chaos-online.ru/foru....-perpetuum/

Not to seem ungrateful here but the US players at work will have to wait before they can get back to the game.  I'd be suprised if their is anything in quantity left after the Euros have had 6+ hours to look for it.  sad

Gut Punch wrote:

Not to seem ungrateful here but the US players at work will have to wait before they can get back to the game.  I'd be suprised if their is anything in quantity left after the Euros have had 6+ hours to look for it.  sad

welcome to america lol

Either way someone always gets the short end of the stick I guess hmm

RIP PERPETUUM

Gut Punch wrote:

Yeah, I'd rather we continue our feeling of entitlement and get the same amount (if not more because we're already behind) re-planted for the US prime time and make a temporary ban of all IP's outside of the Americas (Fine, Canada can come too).

->You just lost The Game<-

+1 ^

(sarcasm ignored)

I think that instead of planting 50 plants all at once, they should have just staggered 2 loads of 25 over a 12 hour delay. This would easily provide a split distribution over both ends of the globe.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

Great way to equally solve the problem. Give those who spent nothing chance to get free Noralgis which will likely drop the market price temporary. Instead of reading log files for whom bought Noralgis incubators from the markets past two weeks or so, and giving them refund.

nice try ralph what about those who found them in geo cache? They get left out? Seems to be a minor problem any how, I'm sure the devs won't do it again!! ... I hope

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

Gut Punch wrote:

Should have stayed a colony then.

Why are you crying about US prime time? If you had planted any noralgis, you would have to defend it 24h/24 anyway.

Unless you never planted any, and are complaining you don't get a chance for free stuff. But then, you're not really loosing anything.

My blog about MMO design:
http://mmockery.wordpress.com/

Gaulois wrote:

Why are you crying about US prime time? If you had planted any noralgis, you would have to defend it 24h/24 anyway.

Wrong.  Theres plenty of opportunity to hide it.

Unless you never planted any, and are complaining you don't get a chance for free stuff. But then, you're not really loosing anything.

Wow, do you really think like this?  If you cant find something to be pissed at them for, why not just assume something completely ridiculous and rant about it like fact!  Perfect!

->You just lost The Game<-

/fail

Any noralgis seeds bought within 48hours of the patch should be refunded - PERIOD!

This is logged, provable and should be dealt with equitably.

*power to the gamer*

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

Hey I'm not in game I think you should all wait for me to get back from holiday I feel left out. Also I am switching timezones, about to get on an airplane, have DEVs accounted for that??!?!?!

Just deal guys, I know it kinda sucks but it's not end of the world lol

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Well, its not end of the world but it is about 25 mil of my quite limited wealth. Understandably there is no way to properly deal with the mistake, and in the end it is only a small mistake and some pixels. Yet, in all fairness I believe that those who bought noralgis incubators could be very easily compensated since its probably (hopefully) logged activity and easy to analyze. I'm not sure if geo caches are logged, probably they should be anyways. So those could be refunded as well.

This was a stupid mistake that has now been made more than once! Well done.
The solution does not compensate those that planted the noralgis in the first place but then any of the usual solutions never do.

18 (edited by Khadia Khan 2011-06-18 09:26:38)

Ralph Law wrote:

Well, its not end of the world but it is about 25 mil of my quite limited wealth.

ok point taken if you really spent 25m in the past 48h on incubators i would be a tad bit pissed too. Geo cache incubators should be shown in a log where we picked them up in to our cargo, or placed them in to personal storage in a terminal/op

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

Lets not get too butthurt about it... Could be worse, they could have wiped all the corp hangars.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice