Topic: How to lower lag?

Hey guys how do I lower my LAG? I am playing from New Zealand and it sits about 370 but then gets to 1000 and N/A

Anything I can do at my end or just bend over and make a industrial bot?

Re: How to lower lag?

Move to Hungary.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

a) Lowest setting for all graphics
b) Choose low detail robots
c) Options->Gameplay->shut off logging combat and chat to hard drive
d) Zoom out all the way
e) Make very sure V-sync is on not off

Container wrote:

a) Lowest setting for all graphics
b) Choose low detail robots
c) Options->Gameplay->shut off logging combat and chat to hard drive
d) Zoom out all the way
e) Make very sure V-sync is on not off

None of that is going to help his lag due to network latency.

The only thing that can help is closing all other programs that use bandwidth, torrents, IMs, voice comms etc., or if you are on a wifi router, changing to cable if possible.

You can always pay for a better connection... cool

I remember having problems with lag when using a 56K modem. Now with my 100Mb connection i'm pretty fine.

Who was born a gecko, will never be an alligator.
M2S - Menace to Society fraggin since 2009

DEV Zoom wrote:

[...]or if you are on a wifi router, changing to cable if possible.

Makes quite a difference for me, but then again, this house is like a bomb shelter. Being on wireless LAN not only causes bad network performance in PPM :S

But I will be on cat 5 again soon =)

Bakers trade recipes on a knead to know basis.

Am currently on the best plan possible for my area. Have disabled everything on my computer and I still get the occasional N/A lag which makes it a bit unplayable sad

Disable Shadows has been a good way for me...

Tecliqo wrote:

Disable Shadows has been a good way for me...

I mean lag as in connection speed, my computer runs this game fine with everything except AA maxed.

Methman wrote:

Hey guys how do I lower my LAG? I am playing from New Zealand and it sits about 370 but then gets to 1000 and N/A

Anything I can do at my end or just bend over and make a industrial bot?

I run 2 perp clients, TS, firefox, etc and nvr experience lag and i am US west coast.  Dont think its a network issue unless ur ISP throttles connection to online gaming

- M2S -

U betr run!

Call your ISP and tell them they need to update their cans and strings.

I have the same problem as do some others I've talked to in game.  Some of it may simply be related to overloaded game location but that's hardly the whole story.

As for me, I've lagged to the point of disconnecting three times in the first four days.  Yesterday was particularly bad as I lost two bots during my only two disconnects.  Both times I was running missions and no one else was in the area.  I know for certain that it wasn't my ISP the second time as I had normal (active) ping times to an out of state site when I disconnected but I wasn't explicitly pinging perpetuum.com at the time.  My ISP has a solid connection to the USA so I have a feeling there's a weak link somewhere else along the way.

I went so far as to contact a GM and they were sympathetic but couldn't do anything about it.  After all, pulling my network cable to save myself from a mob is the same as having lagged so badly as to disconnect.  I'd feel better if I had been close to death but when your armor's at 95% and Castels are dropping like flies...but I digress.

I hope it magically goes away--I'm liking the game so far but there are times I want to solo and a disconnect when solo is a killer.

I'm only in lag hell when over 300 people are on and a lot of them are in the newbie zone. If its in the 200's i'm fine. I have a very good connection and a very good computer....but still i have massive lag when there are over 300 people on at the same time.

"False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade."

I am having the same issues. I have great speed but horrible graphics.

Does closing chat tabs help with network lag if the tab is not showing?  Something I've been wondering about.

17 (edited by Weapon X 2010-12-01 02:26:16)

Its a routing issue to EU.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … cket-loss/

Given its affecting multiple ppl in the southern hemisphere I doubt changing isp will do any good.

In any case I'm getting some friends to do the tracert and see if theres any difference.

Its basically unplayable atm. Oddly enough it was fine for the most part during beta. Something has changed since launch.