Topic: New DC Issues?

Comes in waves at night, no lag spikes... everything is running smooth.

Then everyone else stops (my client stops getting location info?)
Few seconds later my client DC's
Then on reconnect attempts...
  'Fatal exception - Server not responding'
  Client crash
Repeated timeouts etc...
More fatal exception client crashes.. over and over.

This all happens while my second client is up and running without any problems whatsoever.  So I assume I've still got a good connection to the server.  I've done traceroutes and they're not pretty but no worse then they were before when we had twice the population we have are now.

The problem started the night before the patch came out. Were changes made to the data server?  Patch notes alluded to an exploit fix without saying what it was... could some new system be flagging me accidentally and then locking me out of the data server for 1-2 minutes? Anyone else notice something sililiar?

"You're living in a parallel universe." ~Syndic

Re: New DC Issues?

OUR DoS attempts are working, RAR YAR LOL

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve

DC i cant even get on .. update finished  then nothing not further progress sad

not different, happens all the time, big spikes or going to N/A, disconnects, etc.  seems the same to me.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

one of my corpmember got some really nasty disconnects today too. ping around 50 all the time - then suddenly off. then sometimes another DC while deploying back to terrain.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

one of my corpmember got some really nasty disconnects today too. ping around 50 all the time - then suddenly off. then sometimes another DC while deploying back to terrain.

You're not the only one.
I too have a weird DC issue. When I teleport sometimes my screen goes black and that's it. I have teleported to the new location but I can't do anything until I restart the client. If I wait I get booted to the login screen after a few minutes/random time.

The Game

Noticed much more rubber-banding this weekend between 11am-3pm PST Sat it mostly cleared by 6pm on Sat, Sunday 11-3 was the same, didn't play sunday evening, so don't know.

I'm a new member and if I could go an hour w/o a d/c or two (or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 10) it would be an improvement. I live in Abilene TX and use Suddenlink cable. I rarely crash.

Problem and proposed solution.

PROBLEM:

I had a disconnect today while attempting to locate an artifact near a mob. The client crashed when I tried to log back in, it even successfully sent in the crash data. I do not know if the devs/GM's can see which client sent the information. I certainly hope they can so they may understand better what I am trying to explain here. I think everyone has done a great job on this game, it get better all the time, but there are some things I feel need to be addressed.

I lost my bot and was unable to recover what it dropped (If anything). The GM returned my bot after I reimbursed the insurance payout, but the repair cost was still 24,000 NIC, and the dropped items - T4 geoscanner and T4 frame were not reimbursed because people were exploiting the reimbursement policy. This makes perfect sense to me....IF I were exploiting the reimbursement policy. I was not. The crash report should show that.

Between the replacement cost of the frame, the geoscanner, and repair of the bot, and the inital cost of the insurance (the robot that was returned to me is no longer insured) I am out well over 4 million nic. All due to a client crash that is in the logs somewhere, I only hope they can see that.

SOLUTION:

Give the GM's the ability to make a connection between the client crash data and a customers complaint. Give them the ability to see if the dropped items were recovered so they can be reimbursed properly.

Again, you guys are doing a great job, and I love the game, and I certainly hope this process can be improved, because I cannot continue to lose 4mil every time the client crashes.