Topic: New Energy Warfare extension

An extension that allows to decrease accumulator usage of energy drainers and neutralisers. Can be some new extension, or as a change to Efficient Energy Transfer. Or, Ictuses and Troiars can have additional bonus for that.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Re: New Energy Warfare extension

An Ictus can already shut down at least 2 targets. I'd rather see some effect on NPC's get added so this underused profession would get some more users. People tend to shy away from anything that doesn't get them on a kill mail. (Damn Kain users!)

while hes shutting down these 2-3 targets, his shield is running low so another 2-3 who remains simply kill him.

Depends of situation. I remember how Zarger under initia holded swarm of enemies, while our mates went down.

Ofc but IMHO in similar situation Zenith or Vagabond have more chances ECMing theyr enemies - ECM stuff doesn't eat accu so much.

Ya, but energy drainers shut down defense as well not just offense like ecm's/suppressors.

I think they are balanced just fine.

7 (edited by Annihilator 2011-06-15 19:49:06)

Line wrote:

An extension that allows to decrease accumulator usage of energy drainers and neutralisers. Can be some new extension, or as a change to Efficient Energy Transfer. Or, Ictuses and Troiars can have additional bonus for that.

let alone the trojar -> can you empty a trojars accumulator as trained neuting agents with your own neuts? (my GF industrial agent would be able to permarun 3 t4 neuts in a trojar if she boosted basic robotics to 7+)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Line wrote:

while hes shutting down these 2-3 targets, his shield is running low so another 2-3 who remains simply kill him.

Um.. are you saying 1 vs 4-6 should be survivable?

Arga wrote:
Line wrote:

Um.. are you saying 1 vs 4-6 should be survivable?

Yes, yes he is.

Nope, he's saying that in a battle the moment he starts neuting he'll be called primary if he's up front & blown up since he's blowing his shield up in the process of neuting. Read with understanding, its not mentioned anywhere 1vX.

Ictus & neut/drainers are very underplayed at the moment, they definitely need some love in fitting extensions that actually affect some of the modules they typically use (an Economical Engineering skill would be nice so you could actually do something about those 300 RP on a T4 Medium Injector).

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Reactor on Ictus is pain too.

Any one else thinking that boosting the neuted ammount per cycle (making 1 neut more deadly)
instead of lowering the AP costs per cycle (which would more neuts usable) was the wrong decision?

to understand that change:
with those extensions now an ictus can bring down its prey "faster" instead of "easier for his own accumulator"

please discuss.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Atm best of added extensions - it's long range engineering. Level 5 adds something about 100m to neuts/drainers range. That's more useful than a improved neutralisation - f.e. Level 3 adds just 16 to neut amount per cycle.

Such direction (more efficiency instead of lower cost) is good indeed, but implementation doesn't seems too right. Im understand that too much boosting will immediately make Ictuses OP, but maybe at least 3%?

However, range is fine too. Ictus mk2 should be completely dreadful machine.

14 (edited by Neoxx 2011-06-23 21:53:35)

Line wrote:

So you want to create a bot that can handle 5x his number?  How does this make ANY sense in a PvP situation?

BALANCE, MOTHERF*CKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!?

->You just lost The Game<-

Neoxx,

It's not about Ictus deals with 5x h-mechs easily with 1 full ap charge. It's about making his shields a little stronger or making ap amount bigger or making ap usage by neuts lesser. Also, as i've already said, a range is fine too, same as neuts strength.

Main problem is - Ictus isn't enough fast to avoid insta-focus attack in case he approached and tried to neut someone. Neutralisators hurting his ap amount hard enough, making shields a little senseless.

Energy warfare would be about large battery AP with very slow recharge. Drains should be increased and neutralisers should use less AP but also neut less. Toiar needs a boost too and increasing the AP of the robots would make sense.

The Ictus should be able to neut at range 1 or 2 mechs down from around 600m. Add a fall off to the module of around 400m (Mediums).

Just like the Vagabond can shutdown 1 or 2 targets with ECMs and the Zenith can do the same with Supressors. Right now the Ictus lacks the range and fall off require a lot more shielding which also slows down the already slow robot and if an Ictus gets ECMed it's all over for the poor thing.

They're overpowered at the the moment because they're designed to be brawling energy monsters but right now armour tanks are way more unbreakable then shield tanks due to ERP stuffs.

They shouldn't be tanks, they just should have a little higher chances to runaway if primary locked. THat can be solved with: higher shooting range, higher shield strength or higher speed. Right now theyr shooting range is big enough IMHO and all other things (neuts strength or ap usage even) aren't too necessary.

and your right back into the lwf-dilemma.

with it, your prone to demob
without it, your prone to everything as your slower then any1 else that has long-range DPS and speed.

Well,

before these new extensions were added, Ictus play had 2 cases - 1. shoot and die, 2. die trying to shoot.

With raised range now its possible to shoot and hide.

Line wrote:

Well,

before these new extensions were added, Ictus play had 2 cases - 1. shoot and die, 2. die trying to shoot.

With raised range now its possible to shoot and hide.

You've never been a good Ictus pilot then because we have a very skilled Ictus pilot in M2S and he's always done us proud. Shutting down ANY small gang that came close enough and never taking for than a few hits. If is energy got low we just transferred to him.

Stop trying to bend the game to your will and start changing your game play to suit the current modules. smile

The Ictus as it is now should be absolutely fine, if not on the strong side.