Topic: New industrial robot.

There’s a lot of teeth grinding about the recent modification to plant harvesting. It inspired me this new role in industry.

Industrial support robot.
Let us imagine an industrial class robot, which acts as miniature mobile field container. A robot into which harvesters can directly unload their cargo. This robot handles the shipment of plants from the harvesters to the field container, wherefrom regular haulers (Sequer or Lithus) take it to station.

This “open top” hauler being slightly redundant with the traditional ones should have an added benefit to be worth while. It could have bonuses to: the harvesting nexus modules, signal masking value of nearby units, signal detection.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Re: New industrial robot.

why can't you just use lithus or sequer for such role?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I'd rather see the harvesting mechanic rewritten so that plants grow in much larger clusters and that the ratio of high cycle plants is 1:5 on alpha and 2:5 on beta.

This robot is not needed when field containers are so easily used.

Alexander wrote:

I'd rather see the harvesting mechanic rewritten so that plants grow in much larger clusters and that the ratio of high cycle plants is 1:5 on alpha and 2:5 on beta.

sooner or later you want to farm roaming npcs or going to change your position more often.
having to bring a fieldcan for each transfer between combat/mining bot and hauler is more a pain then a feature.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Alexander wrote:

sooner or later you want to farm roaming npcs or going to change your position more often.
having to bring a fieldcan for each transfer between combat/mining bot and hauler is more a pain then a feature.

Then add a feature to the Sequer and Lithus that you can add to their cargohold if in squad with them. We don't need a new robot for this. smile

Special robot with a bonuses to nexus stuff seems more reasonable than a mobile controlled field container. Or even special repair bot with bonuces to remote repair.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Id suggest a Cargo transfer beam (for the spare slot each industrial has)

Not sure what happens if you allow people to transfer cargo just because they are in the same squad. Maybe that people exploit that during PvP.

Yes, a module for industrial slots would be better, but it would require the module on each bot, since the 'cargo' is digital, having something like a dump truck wouldn't work.

Alexander wrote:

Then add a feature to the Sequer and Lithus that you can add to their cargohold if in squad with them. We don't need a new robot for this. smile

agreed on that. A change like this:

• Hauler Bots regular cargo hold resized to their classese average cargo (sequer 3U, Lithus 12U)

• External Cargohold added to Hauler bots, Sequer 80U, Lithus 240U)

• External Cargoholds can be accessed by squad members anytime but with same limitations as field container:
    -cargo cannot deleted within this cargo hold,
    you have to move items to your primary cargohold to be able to delete them
    - only squadmates can access it, no corp wide sharing
    - unlike field container, no hacking possible - but killing the hauler (next point)

• if the sequer/Lithus gets destroyed, the container will be dropped as seperate loot container with 100% drop chance of the cargo

• far far later in the future, the lithus will be able to jettison its secondary cargocontainer as the visual appearence of the lithus upper body already indicates. This will boost the lithus's fleeing speed or enable hauling like the topic starter requests

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

+1 to annihilators idea would add a few elements to the indy game including producing a "external cargohold"
But I think it should only be available on the lithus... Sequer is far to low in the EP tree for this functionality.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

In eve we had jet can mining basically while mining you jettisoned this can of which you had an infinite number but it there was a 2 and a half minute timer on jettisoning another one. they have the field containers in this game but after you deploy the you cant pick them back up and i dont know how long they last for it just says after awhile. However adding the feature to mine and dump the ore into a can that was picked up by a hauler alt or after filling a few cans you could go dock up grab a hauler and pick up all of said cans. It would be nice to see something similar to giant secure containers from eve. They're password protected but if know the password you can open and take from it or put stuff in it. they have a 30 day timer and if nobody opens them within those 30 days they dissappear with whatever was inside of them.

If they implement a bot that makes transport that much easier then mineing/harvesting on Beta islands would not be nearly as risky.  There's a reason some things are Beta specific.

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-