1 (edited by Annihilator 2011-06-11 01:05:12)

Topic: 100% Tax bug

Running Squad missions with 100% corporation tax has a bug:

-> mission reward standing does happen like it should
-> mission reward NIC is lost. Only a fraction ends on corp wallet, and nothing on any agent.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: 100% Tax bug

Found the same when our Corp did a Donation to corp run for 2 hours...not much nic came in. But when I changed it to 99% it worked fine.

The fraction that ends up in the corp wallet appears to be purely the Bonus NIC from extensions but I am not 100% sure on this. This should be corrected as it's a little annoying.

What happens at 0% Tax?

this bug appeared some time ago with the fix of relation-extensions regarding negative standing reduction (they did increase the negative standing gain before that)

previously - if you had set your corp tax to 100%, the NIC reward was multiplied with the extension-bonus of the agent doing the mission, and then transfered completely to the corp - only one transaction-log entry.

it was a kind of exploit because how the math here works:
- mission goer turns in mission
- NIC and Standing reward is distributed to all online squad members
- NIC and standing reward is multiplied with each agents extension bonus individually
-  at the end, the corp tax is transfered to corp wallet from each agent.

result: if you do mission with one specialized mission agent and one other agent, the overall NIC and standing gained is less as if you did it with the mission-agent alone.

setting 100% corp tax was avoiding the splitting of NIC and getting the full extensionbonus of the misson agent. -> and the reason why i did it: less transaction log-spam while trying to bring up other agents standings. (log spam was lag issue)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

this bug appeared some time ago with the fix of relation-extensions regarding negative standing reduction (they did increase the negative standing gain before that)

previously - if you had set your corp tax to 100%, the NIC reward was multiplied with the extension-bonus of the agent doing the mission, and then transfered completely to the corp - only one transaction-log entry.

it was a kind of exploit because how the math here works:
- mission goer turns in mission
- NIC and Standing reward is distributed to all online squad members
- NIC and standing reward is multiplied with each agents extension bonus individually
-  at the end, the corp tax is transfered to corp wallet from each agent.

result: if you do mission with one specialized mission agent and one other agent, the overall NIC and standing gained is less as if you did it with the mission-agent alone.

setting 100% corp tax was avoiding the splitting of NIC and getting the full extensionbonus of the misson agent. -> and the reason why i did it: less transaction log-spam while trying to bring up other agents standings. (log spam was lag issue)

This is only the case when accepting assignments for squads but I do agree that a more logical calculation is needed. Logic vs Ease of programming.

Found it!! Thanks for the report, next patch will fix it.