Topic: Additional respec

I think the game needs a NIC sinc of some form and people always want to respec and try new things. Why not allow additional respecs at an increasing NIC cost? Maybe they have to keep their color and name, just re-spend EP. Just a thought.

Re: Additional respec

hehe why don't just make all extentions downgradable then? you got your ep, you spend them, if you don't like it - you can simply downgrade any extention without losses and reassign them as you wish. something similar as in Global Agenda.

+: no more "ohnoez ive spent ep wrongly and silly and i want them in different way and bla-blah"

-: ppl will simply respec for every single thing - mining, roaming, guarding, etc

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

respec should never exist,
once implemented, one for fixing gimped chars its imo enough.
This is diferent from having ereased or changed drastically a extension andhaving the EP refound back so you could make your deserved choice.
the "-"´s Line pointed clearlly outcome the "+"´s

It could work with some time restrictions.

A Full EP-Respec every month and reset one extension to 0 every 7 days. Or something like this.

omg 1 per month?,
this aint team fortress, u get tired of medic and jump to spy. Makes no sense in a persistent mmo. Make decisions live with consecuences, whine less.

Account resets was always a TERRIBLE idea.
However attributes are the most important thing to get right and it made sense to allow new players to reset for free once. I like the current system. If you can't save up your EP for a month then that is your fault. If you got your attributes wrong you should probably know this within the first.. 4 days easily.

Put a stop to account resets and make a better character reset which keeps everything about the character but refund EP and changes the starting choices. Wouldn't be hard to create. That way people won't just change names on a whim or wipe a corporation from their recruitment history.

Choices are what an MMO is all about.

I feel like we've been down this road...

Account reset - no.
EP reset - yes, and current model for this is OK.