Topic: BUG: Mining is now very laggy

Both packet latency and fps wise.  It's very jerky, while mining (I play 2 clients at a time usually) the mining client has a 10-15 ms increase (not a lot but more than none) in ping while mining but not otherwise. 

Every mining cycle makes clicking other tiles and what not very jerky making it much harder to lock new tiles than it was pre-patch.

Nice work on ground scan without having to show it on the map, and the scanning folders are nice too.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Re: BUG: Mining is now very laggy

I agree, similar issue, on my miner.
Also another corp in my account having the same issue.

Reproduce bug:

Take a mining bot out, scan for minerals using an appropriate tile scanner.
Target the location you want.
Set mining lasers on location.

Should experience lag.

Would be a good idea to monitor traffic too to see if that increases.
However getting client lag when specifically mining is very odd and should be looked into ASAP.

Tried to reproduce this but no luck so far.

The only thing I can imagine being an issue is if you have LOTS of small items in your cargo, because mining updates your cargo with every cycle.

And yes, if the network tab in the profiler ("openprofiler" in console) shows that the red graph is having spikes then that is the server indeed. But if it's the white one then the issue is somewhere between you and the server.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/29142/#p29142

would be nice if you did that while you experience the lag

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

pre patch there was an issue with the mining module also refreshing the geo-scan window, maybe that is related

DEV Zoom wrote:

Tried to reproduce this but no luck so far.

The only thing I can imagine being an issue is if you have LOTS of small items in your cargo, because mining updates your cargo with every cycle.

And yes, if the network tab in the profiler ("openprofiler" in console) shows that the red graph is having spikes then that is the server indeed. But if it's the white one then the issue is somewhere between you and the server.

I'll try the network tab at home.

Here is some ping activity:

( standing still ):
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq18 … mining.jpg

( mining ):
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq18 … ining2.jpg

still pretty laggy, i get these lock ups when i mine. I don't understand why it happens. I can't mine from one place I play from, and can another ( the other I can from has lock ups )

10 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-06-06 17:35:15)

It's with my cargo I think.

I can hold on 1 laser on a tile and mine, but as I do, my client locks up a bit when it fills up. If I turn on 5 mining lasers I will completely lock up after a bit.

BUG:
@ Tellesis area

1. Take out mining bot with 4-5 mining lasers to a place to mine.
2. Turn on one laser to see if client gets lag when cargo fills up.
3. If you experience lag, then turn on 4-5 lasers.
4. Will experience client lock up in 10-15 second intervals + sometimes hangup ( I play from two different computers ).

Roughly two people I know experience this and they are in Southern United states location.

I was out mining last night, and I didn't have any lockup, but I did notice that there was a delay, 2-3 seconds, when dragging and dropping ore into the 'can'. I have this same issue when drag-drop loot when NPC farming.

At home I harvested plants on asintec alpha, and I had the lag less, but still it chunks.

actually, i get the same.
very laggy game while mining -> while ping seems to be stable at 60ms, often the ingame tracer showing that strange 5th. hop i have already posted in that other topic.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

14 (edited by Guns nButter 2011-06-08 17:43:21)

I would like to note that for some bizarre reason, pings appear to be tied into graphics settings. My alts on ICS alpha were getting upwards of 1600 ping whereas my main on tellesis was getting about 150 ms. Dropping all of my alts graphics settings to the lowest dropped their pings to 150ms. Main was always at full graphics.

Ok if I harvest on another character on a different account but from the same computer and same client I get no lag.

I think it's tied to bookmarks and the fact I have 900 waypoints on the main miner.

I've been mining with 4-5 accounts at a time and no problem with lag whatsoever.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

I've been mining with 4-5 accounts at a time and no problem with lag whatsoever.

How many mining points do you have on them? I have a ton.

Thanks.

I think it's the number o fmining points I have.

I have a harvesting noralgis farmer and he doesn't have the lag.

Mara Kaid wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Thanks.

I think you're right about the waypoints.  My original post was mining on hoop where I have lots of waypoints.  On other islands where I have far less it's not noticeable.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:
Mara Kaid wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Thanks.

I think you're right about the waypoints.  My original post was mining on hoop where I have lots of waypoints.  On other islands where I have far less it's not noticeable.

Yes, thanks for contributing.

I was meaning geoscan results, but I do have a lot of waypoints as well.

I have eliminated a ton of geoscan results from my map, and I think possibily the waypoints may add lag too.

This has helped, however I still notice some lag when items appear in my container.

Removed waypoints, still some lag when "ADDING" item to cargo from mined cycles.

*BumP*
as im still having that isse, and still not found out how to reproduce it to give DEVs more details where to search