Re: Incoming Transmission Podcast #7 - Player Panel

Grem valiantly punished the RL foe and vanquished the thought of ITP being 'on a break'.....

We shall continue!! tongue

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

Kalsius Dakalsai wrote:

Grem valiantly punished the RL foe and vanquished the thought of ITP being 'on a break'.....

We shall continue!! tongue

Much respect!

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

So, the next episode will be in short time, is'nt?)

Alexadar wrote:

So, the next episode will be in short time, is'nt?)

Episode 7 will be recorded this Sunday.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

will you leave Styx out of this, or will you try to hear his reasoning on why and how he wanted to destroy as much as possible of the game because of the insurance fix?

and why are there two topics for next podcast?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Styx is no longer a member of M2S and therefore the M2S spot, as far as I am concerned, is open to another M2S member to provide a view. The panel will not be on the topic of the recent happenings, we intend to have discussions relating to the future of Perpetuum, not the past.

The other topic was a notification that Grem may wish to take a break, this is no longer the case and this is the primary thread for the player panel to be recorded this weekend.

Good journalism is objective journalism.

The events surrounding M2S have forged Perpetuum’s political AND economical AND military situation.

Simply censuring this would be like making a review on world war two without mentioning Germany, the atomic bomb and Normandy.

M2S has had its assets and knowledge base removed, they have been punished, they have served their time, and they have paid their debt to society. There is no more witch hunting to be done.

Yes it’s in the past, and that doesn’t justify not talking about it. Discussing this with maturity and objectivity is the best way to put it to rest. Simply pretending it didn’t happen is hypocritical and will only fuel further rumors the feeling of vengeance.

Why arbitrarily prevent Styx to coming to speak at the podcast? He has shaped the game, and given an interesting twist to the way things are. He has single handedly affected the game more than all the CEOs you’ll invite combined.

Aside from the breach Styx discovered, nothing of any consequence and hence of any real interest has happened.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I second that. Except for the CEO part.

I dont want to hear you bashing Styx or somebody else.
But a objective report of what happend and what that means for the future of perpetuum shouldnt be missing.

I think the fear here is that Styx, if he would even want to come on the show, would have a strong negative influence on the player panel; so it wouldn't really be the right format to have him on.

I would wholly like to see a segment with just Styx, and let him tell his side.

I would like to reiterate something.....This player panel was to discuss the view of CEOs/Influential people of the current game and also to look to the future.

There have been significant events recently and I, for one, would be immensely happy to do a show on it. This has a number of constraints however.

1) My objectivity (and that of Gremrod) would be questioned because of the corporation tag I wear, people will also make rash statements emotionally with no investigation or research themselves e.g.

Simply pretending it didn’t happen is hypocritical and will only fuel further rumors the feeling of vengeance.

This post provides the background as to why, after much discussion between Grem and myself, WE decided not to just rush ahead with a show on the M2S topic even though WE discussed it at length.

2) We will never please everyone. Now this is a fact we all live with, however in the small community which exists right now, sensitive topics have a tendency to get blown out of proportion and cause damage. I would rather approach things in a more considerate manner and get it right rather than jump in with both feet and get it wrong and hurt the game.

3) There is nothing stopping anyone else putting their time and reputations out there and doing something on their own. I always considered it to be Gremrod's podcast, I was just there to help out, but even Grem spoke to me the other night and said this was OUR podcast, if you don't like how WE do things, don't listen or do your own.

Both our virtual 'doors' are open to the community to contribute to what we do and we get very little actual support except for a small number of individuals who I graciously thank here and now, you know who you are cool.

I dont want to hear you bashing Styx or somebody else.
But a objective report of what happend and what that means for the future of perpetuum shouldnt be missing.

I would hope that after 6 episodes, we had earned enough respect to not be thought of as being the type of people to 'bash' anyone. If that's how people think we would react, then something has gone missing somewhere.

If you want to influence what we do and how the community grows, man (or woman) up and step up to the plate.

36 (edited by Gremrod 2011-06-09 21:34:34)

JeanMi Requile wrote:

Good journalism is objective journalism.

The events surrounding M2S have forged Perpetuum’s political AND economical AND military situation.

I agree.

JeanMi Requile wrote:

Simply censuring this would be like making a review on world war two without mentioning Germany, the atomic bomb and Normandy.

I agree.

JeanMi Requile wrote:

M2S has had its assets and knowledge base removed, they have been punished, they have served their time, and they have paid their debt to society. There is no more witch hunting to be done.

I agree.

JeanMi Requile wrote:

Yes it’s in the past, and that doesn’t justify not talking about it. Discussing this with maturity and objectivity is the best way to put it to rest. Simply pretending it didn’t happen is hypocritical and will only fuel further rumors the feeling of vengeance.

I agree.

JeanMi Requile wrote:

Why arbitrarily prevent Styx to coming to speak at the podcast? He has shaped the game, and given an interesting twist to the way things are. He has single handedly affected the game more than all the CEOs you’ll invite combined.

I don't agree with you fully on this, and plus I really don't know if Styx would want to come on a future podcast. Plus after this podcast I would think anything from any M2S member should explain it all.

JeanMi Requile wrote:

Aside from the breach Styx discovered, nothing of any consequence and hence of any real interest has happened.

I guess.

I will be talking about some of the events around what happened. It sounds like Lupus will be on the panel taking the M2S spot.

37 (edited by Gremrod 2011-06-09 21:47:05)

This is the panel I have from the players who posted in this thread with the exception fo the M2S spot. I spoke with M2S leadership on TS.

• Corp: 62nd - Mara Kaid

• Corp: Foom - Friedrich Psitalon

• Corp: IG - Khader Khan

• Corp: CIR - Syndic

• Corp: M2S - Lupus Aurelius

Please quote this post and confirm if you are still going to be on the panel.

Gremrod wrote:

This is the panel I have from the players who posted in this thread with the exception fo the M2S spot. I spoke with M2S leadership on TS.

Confirming my spot, provided the time isn't changed (Sunday 21:00 Server Time IIRC?).

Bit disappointed noone from CHAOS/SK/F-Navy got invited, but oh well.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

39 (edited by Gremrod 2011-06-10 00:38:36)

Syndic wrote:

Confirming my spot, provided the time isn't changed (Sunday 21:00 Server Time IIRC?).

Bit disappointed noone from CHAOS/SK/F-Navy got invited, but oh well.

Time is still the same. Will still be recorded on Skype.

Did CHAOS / SK / F-Navy post in this thread they wanted a spot?

I will reread the thread.

EDIT: Just went throught the thread and I don't see anyone from CHOAS / SK / F-Navy saying they wanted a spot.

40 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-06-10 06:52:04)

Gremrod wrote:

Sure I'll confirm, my spot, mara kaid. I'll get alex, or mobios on.

Gremrod wrote:

Time is still the same. Will still be recorded on Skype.

Did CHAOS / SK / F-Navy post in this thread they wanted a spot?

I will reread the thread.

EDIT: Just went throught the thread and I don't see anyone from CHOAS / SK / F-Navy saying they wanted a spot.

Maybe I worded it badly, They're both big boys, Im sure they would have signed up if they wanted to have their corporations represented. Im just disappointed they wont be on the podcast, because I enjoy talking to them.

BTW, will there be any moderation of the panel so it doesn't devolve into spitting vitriol about blob this zerg that into the mic? I dont mind either way, I'm sure the listeners would be amused by the butthurt. Personally however, I would like to know what sort of documentation I need to bring with me.

CIR Complaint Form

Gremrod wrote:

Hi. Still going to be there.

ok, my reason why I didn´t sign for the panel, is because I don´t consider myself much of a public speaker. I get all nervous and stuff tongue

Nevertheless, you can put me on the Panel list for Saeder-Krupp [SK].

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Will be happy to hear Mobios on podcast. Im sure he will tell many interesting things about SK and our's alliance.

I was recently a member of the freelancer corporation. May I join on behalf of them?

Can I join as a DoY CEO in past?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Syndic wrote:

BTW, will there be any moderation of the panel....

I think most people are  adults and are more interested in having a topic discussed and analyzed. I don't think we'll go into a yell fest. We're leaders after all. We can present/state our political views, and just move on. A lot of us have already hashed it out. smile

Mara Kaid wrote:
Syndic wrote:

BTW, will there be any moderation of the panel....

I think most people are  adults and are more interested in having a topic discussed and analyzed. I don't think we'll go into a yell fest. We're leaders after all. We can present/state our political views, and just move on. A lot of us have already hashed it out. smile

Ah, so there is a difference between voice talk and smacking the living **** out of the keyboard with cumcrusted fists... Good to hear brosef! big_smile

CIR Complaint Form

I would like to make my self available to be brought in on discussion of game balance, PvP features, and Combat mechanics.

If you would like a list of qualifications i would be glad to send them offline.

As this is a player panel all of my opinions and ideas are of my own and have no relation to my corporate ties and are aimed towards the overall growth and development of this game. If a valid argument can be made that my ideals are in some way slanted towards my corps benefit i would be glad to discuss the argument and removes my self if that is the case.

P.S.: Cookie Monsta

MoBIoS wrote:

ok, my reason why I didn´t sign for the panel, is because I don´t consider myself much of a public speaker. I get all nervous and stuff tongue

Nevertheless, you can put me on the Panel list for Saeder-Krupp [SK].

Mobios , you did a fine job talking on TS. Dont worry.