1 (edited by MoBIoS 2011-06-08 21:14:04)

Topic: I want Medals of Honor inGame

I´d like to give all our Soldars, Veterans of the great NIA World War, the Medals of Honor.

They have lost a lot. Nerves were blanc. Many were left behind. But everyone of them kept on going, despite all odds.

For this I would like to have Medals ingame. So this War will always be remembered. 

Customizable Medals for all sorts of occasions for that matter.

I think this would be a nice Idea smile

MoBIoS

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Re: I want Medals of Honor inGame

>---[=]
This war will never be forgotten...

A.k.a. achievements?

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

4 (edited by MoBIoS 2011-06-08 23:20:11)

DEV Gargaj wrote:

A.k.a. achievements?

Yes you could call them that. They would need to be customizable / created by dedicated Corp personel, to hand out to members, for extraordinary commitment to the corp of some sort.

Also similar, in a PVE fashion, It could be a nice  reward for i.e. extraodinary commitment to a faction, maybe thru standing or special mission types/ lines. This will maybe add as a source of more motivation and depth to the missions.

You would be able to show those of, maybe in your Bio.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Having the corp pay to make and issue medals would make them have a bit more meaning as well as add a NIC sink to the game. Being able to design them ourselves (likely with a set of premade pictures/icons whatnot. I'm sure many of us have seen this before, but it would add the feature for those that like their shiny stuff as well as a needed NIC sink.

And a possibility to put them somewhere on your robot (only one)

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

micro transaction possibility here?

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

no it should be free. you got your medal, you paint it on your robot.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

JeanMi Requile wrote:
Line wrote:

Micro transactions are the worst thing u can add to a game u gotta sub for. You mine as well make it f2p and make everything micro trans

Balfizar wrote:
JeanMi Requile wrote:
Line wrote:

Micro transactions are the worst thing u can add to a game u gotta sub for. You mine as well make it f2p and make everything micro trans

I disagree. I think for vanity items it makes sense.... and is a good source of income for developers spending time on implementing. If they are popular, it will make for a strong business case to hire someone just to implement these features so we're not dipping into the talent pool that's going to churn me out some POS's.

GLiMPSE wrote:
Balfizar wrote:
JeanMi Requile wrote:

I disagree. I think for vanity items it makes sense.... and is a good source of income for developers spending time on implementing. If they are popular, it will make for a strong business case to hire someone just to implement these features so we're not dipping into the talent pool that's going to churn me out some POS's.

If developers are hiring people for vanity items then that is someone they could have hired to make POS's come faster. No matter what vanity items will cut into the development of something else. The only thing with making it micro-transaction only(if you can feasibly acquire it in-game as well then that's not an issue) is that you have to pay extra for the developers to take time out of developing the things you really want. In a sub game micro-transactions are scams.

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

12 (edited by GLiMPSE 2011-06-10 18:43:45)

Snowstyle wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:
Balfizar wrote:

If developers are hiring people for vanity items then that is someone they could have hired to make POS's come faster. No matter what vanity items will cut into the development of something else. The only thing with making it micro-transaction only(if you can feasibly acquire it in-game as well then that's not an issue) is that you have to pay extra for the developers to take time out of developing the things you really want. In a sub game micro-transactions are scams.

If the demand is there for vanity items, it will pay for this persons salary + additional income. This added income would not have been possible without this person and the pink mechs he brings to the game. You call it a scam, I call it smart business.