Topic: New player looking for pirate / merc corp

I'm a new player with a few years experience in Eve, I quit about the time capitals became rampant. I was usually the FC in my groups, but I have no idea what I'm doing in this game, so that's not the role I'm looking for here.

I was in RillaCorp / The Insanity corps in Eve, FOE and Enigma alliances.

Looking for something with a similar feel. Either a "polite" pirate corp, a merc corp, or someone running a protection ring. I don't need any hand outs, I can make my own money.

Also looking for english speaking players, and preferably players who are on at night. I'm central US timezone. Don't care for blob warfare.

I'm a middle-aged guy with a family that comes first, but I usually have at least a few nights a week I can set aside to play. I respect corp standings, and I'm easy to get along with. I just want to kill people. I may also be bringing some similar minded friends with me in the near future, and obviously would want them to be able to join as well. They are all experienced pilots.

Any corps fit that bill? Thanks for looking.

Re: New player looking for pirate / merc corp

try m2s, so far we are the elite pvpers in the game. However we might not be as "polite" as you are looking for. Also there is 62nd, RG. NOt really pirate corps but they are pvp corps. Not much for mercs for hire in game yet as they are not needed.

M2S has guys round clock, etc. Id go check out M2S, 62nd, RG and see who might suite you better, if not goodluck in your hunt.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check them out.

I don't know that I mean "polite" necessarily, just a group that will honor their end of the deals on ransoms, and don't spend hours smacking in local after killing a miner.

Lord Infamous wrote:

Thanks for the tip, I'll check them out.

I don't know that I mean "polite" necessarily, just a group that will honor their end of the deals on ransoms, and don't spend hours smacking in local after killing a miner.

If you could ransom someone that would be awesome but it'll never happen with current game mechanics. Smacking after killing a miner is short lived no matter who kills it.
People do like to bring up past wins and loses however to make themselves feel better when they're losing.

5 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-05-19 00:20:10)

TeamBETAalpha wrote:

Also there is 62nd... NOt really pirate corps but they are pvp corps.

Haha, one day(last saturday night..) you were roaming on novastrov, and right behind you we were stealing their noralgis, while I sneaked by with me in laird and my alt in sequer.  Then I got thai food after! Hurray!

YARRRRRR

We'll write our own pirate chapter!

M2s/RG are other good corps as well.

Please take a look at FOOM.  We are new comers compared to some of the others here in the thread.  However, we are definitely growing and adding to our capabilities.

Our focus is getting to pew pew.  We do not hold stations at this time and our PVP is roams into other peoples' territories.  So far we've gotten some very cool fights.

FOOM does look for people who are Vent users.  Most of our members are US time zones.  We do have a forum.  One thing we do look for is some common sense and critical thinking in recruits.  We don't just want lines of zombies looking for direction from above.

If you are interested, you can take a look at our recruitment ad or hop into chat channel "DPS Recruit" in game and speak directly to a recruiter.

I'd have to say although M2S is by far the best wink

62nd do have an 'honourable' pirate rep

Jelan wrote:

I'd have to say although M2S is by far the best wink

62nd do have an 'honourable' pirate rep

Thanks