1 (edited by Khadia Khan 2011-05-24 12:43:35)

Topic: Follow and Auto run

My suggestion is to make both of these a button that cycles on a 1 sec timer(just like a mod) that forces the Bot to continue running "forward" and also having the follow continue following.

Might have to make the approach button function like a mod. Possibly make it so it would continue untill lock is lost? To make it stop when stuck on terrain.
And create a Auto/throttle forward button that functions the same.

Not sure how hard it would be, or if it would create other problems but... If I select my main and hit the follow button if it breaks for 1 sec then it refreshes itself and continues the follow it would be a blessing.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

Re: Follow and Auto run

there is a bug thread about this, better to fix the bug then create a work-around module

but yes, its very annoying

yeah and its not considered a bug so lets work around it.

Its considered a break/disconnect/mis-sync for a fraction of a second the dev's can't fix your internet but they can make it so its not as annoying also it wouldn't be a module Arga it would just function like one.

Ah, got cha' sorry I misunderstood about the module.

The only trouble with something like this is if you disconnect for real, your bot stays on the terrain for 60 seconds, rolling along peacfully into an obstacle, or less nicely, the nearest NPC spawn for an unpleasant surprise when you relog.

The AI would need a lot of intelligence to determine if it was just a micro-disconnect or something longer.

As irritating as having the bots 'stop' I think that's better then letting them run-off into NPC's.

Also, while it's apparent to ourselves that we own both the leader and the follower, the game doesn't know that we are operating 2 accounts, so is this the type of button that would be needed for a typical single account player?

What I mean is, 'approach' isn't just for following, its also something that players use in PVE combat. And stopping moving at a disconnect is important.

In anycase, or however they can fix it, +1 for doing 'something' for this.

actually, bots don't stop autorunning when you got a disconnect.

they stop when you log back in.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

O.o

I guess its a mixed bag. If your running 'away' from the mobs, you want it to keep going if you DC.

Maybe there needs to be a 'follow' as well as an 'approach'?