Topic: Any kind of respec available by chance?

Just curious if any kind of respec or harsh penalties involved in swapping skills around, if it's even possible? Couldn't seem to find it in the FAQ or anywhere. I ask, because I'm sort of intimidated about what I should put where due to not really knowing whats good for what atm (combat build). Couldn't seem to get an answer in-game.

Re: Any kind of respec available by chance?

No respecs @ this time.

There are a few other threads on this that i have seen, one is here:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … nt-option/

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Respecs kind of defeat the point. No points are really wasted, given you can always just apply more somewhere else later. However, being able to simply respec and go "ok I'm going be be a master industrialist now!" kinda screws progression for everyone else who isn't respecing constantly.

I don't think he meant being able to respec at will. But more something along the lines of a single use per character type of thing.

not at this time.

and already discussed and relativly largely rejected.
the only way accepted was : 1 time, on the first agent, and for 2 to 4 week after account creation; it was never implemented.

the game is too young to offer this kind of services.
even if can make a use of it tongue

A respec wouldn't even be necessary.

Everyone makes mistakes. So did I right now with my first char. I hate the chosen faction and want to reroll a completely different one.

I don't understand why each new created character can't get the initial 20k EP ? And that only time based EP is shared among characters per account.

This way you don't even need respecs. And sertainly helps new players and make it easier to just reroll when screwing up in their first days ingame.

Right now, I am pretty much forced to create a new account and buy again. Which shouldn't be necessary.
This is sertainly gonna put off potential new customers tho. As everyone makes mistakes.

Just my 2 cents.

8 (edited by Kruachan 2010-11-29 13:46:12)

Similar issue here : I want to join some friends but they are on another faction.
Is there any way to be transferred to another mega-corporation ?
Or is there a way to "recycle" spent extension points in another agent ?
As said before everyone makes errors and it would be nice to have at least one "joker".

faction have only influance on your primary weapons extension (1 2 point only) , and that's all !

so you can join your friend where you want, join what corporation you want and enjoy the game without limitation.

Here is a perfect example of why a respec is needed and why this title will lose subscriptions.

I have specced into lasers heavily to find out they cant hit and LOS is broken so my toon is basically trashed. I am not going to destroy the account but i know that a lot of users would rather play something else then continue to subscribe.

The devs need to do something about it or they are losing players.

12 (edited by Devnull 2010-11-29 23:02:27)

I agree that there needs to be some sort of respec.  It should probably be limited to the first week or so of your account.  The biggest issue I see is not respecting your purchased extensions, but your attributes.

The attributes provide a significant bonus to EP costs and are NOT well explained for new players.  There needs to be a mechanism to alter them or better yet, remove them.  I don't see how they serve a purpose other than to gimp characters.

As I explained in another topic, I would be in favor of a possibility of a slow progressive respec. To be able to select an extension to 'unlearn' and slowly earn back it's EP price, at a fraction of the EP normal earning rate (50%?). Think of Eve skilling process in reverse.

This would allow players to fix any early mistake they could have done and allow players (even vets) to change a consequent part of their build. Yet having the unlearning rate a fraction of the EP gain would prevent people for totally respecing in short time (the "shortness" being relative to the age of their account). So no FoTM builds (which is basically the main argument against respec), but maybe FotY orientations.

The most important part of this would of course be the whole "don't worry, you can respec anyway". And that is certainly a selling point.

Nipa wrote:

+1

That is a really good idea. But with the starting extension this could be difficult to implement...

Nipa wrote:

The most important part of this would of course be the whole "don't worry, you can respec anyway". And that is certainly a selling point.

While I undesrtand where you coming from, I cannot help but to think about new players joining the game in months/years time. They will already have huge EP gimp and their only advantage over us will be the fact that they can use our trial-error experience and don't repeat the same mistakes.

I remember when I was joining Eve few years down the line the major argument for me to even try it was that I won't be so gimped if I skill right skills and in the right order unlike 90% of early starters that(allegedly) had their early skills all over the place.

So I guess I'm against the extesion respec.

I really hope they implement some form of a respec system. I dislike using alts, as such the choices I make on my main (my only character) have to be perfect or I'll be gimped. I'm doing a hybrid build, so I'm already at a slight disadvantage than those who are specialized for one thing exclusively.

As for the respec system, I think it should focus more on modifying Attributes, rather than the skills themselves. This way, if someone who is Combat wants to expand their Indy horizons, they can simply change the attributes to cheapen the Indy skills, rather than reassigning the EP they have already spent.

i tried to balance em as good as it gets with focus on pvp, but i agree.
We realy need an *IN YOUR FACE* info about what those attributes do, at char creation.

A dev today was saying how it might be possible soon, considering alot of people feel its needed.

I do not want to see a skill respec option. Over time you will be able to train any skill. Want missiles...train for them. If you decide later on you want lasers...then train for that.

I would however like to see a limited attribute respec (say on a 6month timer as in EVE).

The simplest solution would be to just bind 20.000 "starter" EP to a character upon creation. Completely seperate from the time gained EP that is account based.

New players experiment in their first days and thus screw up in the first days.

Being able to trash your character and reroll a new character in those first few days is all that matters and would basically solve the biggest issue here.

So being able to create a new character with 20.000 "starter" EP will be much much better.

This way yo do not have to implement respecs and worry about possible abuse or anything like that.

Just my 2 cents.

XrayIT wrote:

faction have only influance on your primary weapons extension (1 2 point only) , and that's all !

so you can join your friend where you want, join what corporation you want and enjoy the game without limitation.

I understand your point about weapon (and perhaps robot) extensions.
You are right that is not that expansive to buy appropriate ones.

But it will not be an issue when we will doing PvP together, us being ICS and me T-M ?
I will not be subject on "friendly" fire when fighting with ICS ?
Not sure how PvP is handled on Perpetuum btw ...

A respec would be great !

23 (edited by Demois 2010-11-30 17:49:59)

Jerokane wrote:

The simplest solution would be to just bind 20.000 "starter" EP to a character upon creation. Completely seperate from the time gained EP that is account based.

Being able to trash your character and reroll a new character in those first few days is all that matters and would basically solve the biggest issue here.

So being able to create a new character with 20.000 "starter" EP will be much much better.

This way yo do not have to implement respecs and worry about possible abuse or anything like that.

Just my 2 cents.

I'd quit the game right now if they forced you into just guilding with people in your "faction". I'm not sure I understand that whole part to be honest, if it has anything to do with PvP or not.

Edit - To the Devs. I'm sure people wouldn't mind paying a few bucks or so for a respec if that may change your mind. I know I would ;p.

24 (edited by Kogaratsu 2010-11-30 19:46:49)

Jerokane wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

Except you already have free EPs on each character creation, in the form of the skills offered to you during said character creation.

What you are basically asking for is giving every new character the equivalent of 2 weeks worth of training in a game that came live one week ago. Welcome to alt fest and the relative death of any form of interdependance atm.

Free points will come in time when you have to tighten the gap between new characters and vets. This isn't the case right now, so stop your pathetic whining and either go play the game as it is or sod off

Need respect, badly! tongue serious I do need it , or a firearms / bot balance pass.  got over 10k ep in useless skills. and yes firearms are useless once you hit the lvl 2 mission marker.

I would even pay a few bucks for it haha.. seeing the acound that toon is on is pre-paid for a year..boo ..

anyway just a bumb. as for the sod off callers bad behavior..everyone may say what they think is best. no need to"call names " becource one does not agree.