1 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-05-21 18:25:04)

Topic: Low Ep/New player tournament 5/22/11 (SUN) 200k entry 2v2 teams @20:00

Hello,
  Per some advice I got yesterday from the nice folks helping us with our weekly tournaments I'm going to make a separate thread per tournament now, so that people can see many events are going on.

Tournament Day: 5/22/11 (sunday)
Time: 20:00 server time
Teams: 2 people per team with different robot colors.
Bonus: Each team will have an argano if possible that serves as a remote rep for the team. The 62nd will have remote reps to assist if people can't bring them.
Rules: Stay inside the arena, and on a timer flag up and kill the opposing team.

Where: Outside shinjalar post near the arena, it's just outside the post and has been created by the devs for us to use!!

What to bring: light bots t1 fit, as always!!!

Current pot: For the winning team the current pot is valued at 14 mil!! With ewar mechs and mark 2 mechs offered as prizes.

Results/Summary
--------------------
*RESERVED FOR ANALYSIS LATER ON*

Re: Low Ep/New player tournament 5/22/11 (SUN) 200k entry 2v2 teams @20:00

TOURNAMENT on sunday 5/22/11 20:00, sorry my apologies on the date. It usually switches between sat and sun depending on our real life stuff.

thank you
62nd pirates

3 (edited by Alexander 2011-05-22 14:36:20)

If you get 10 teams it would be really nice to see prize money go to 1st and 2nd place winners. at a 70/30 split.

That pot is a large amount of NIC for new players. I might also suggest lowing the entry fee to 100k per person in future and contact corporations directly. Would be a nice idea not to stack teams as well and provide people with a voice comm channel should they want it.

Was a realy nice Event  with new player ^^ hope to see them again for the next event

And a Big Thx to DEV Crm  for his Help big_smile

Thanks for putting it on Mara.  When is your next one?

The tournament run was a good success. We had a great turnout since the devs helped fix the arnea, and there was some cool terrain there with spinning top structures. We had an awesome turnout consisting of 10 teams, which made 20 people in TOTAL smile. That's a upstart from the 12-15 we have normally.

Everyone was invited on the 62nd vent, again during this I ask people to put aside political affiliations.

Here were teams( excuse me for spelling errors ):

Xelobain / Tux ( 62nd / 62nd )
*Ulthroth / Mako Valley  ( nWAR / nWAR )
Hiyate / Mara Kaid ( nWAR / 62nd )
Doob / Whys ( M2S / M2S )
*Tiberius / Gut ( FOOM / FOOM )
*Snuggles / Mokaa ( 62nd / 62nd )
*Kynes / Burro ( 62nd / TOG )
Kanogi / Jean Miquelle ( 62nd / 62nd )
Lairon / blindspot ( no corp / no corp )
ltsy  / dark fox ( I forgot corps here, sorry ltsy )

Quick Match Summaries/Stuff I remembered while organizing:

We had so many this time that I made 2 brackets, one for experienced and one for NEW players.

Experienced Bracket
-------------------

Hiyate/Mara kaid vs xelobain tux ( yagel prom ) vs (castel prom) - The castel prom is a deadly combination since it  can be fit heavily on the prom with a good tank and the castel can flutter about doing dps. Thus the force has to concentrate on a tanked ship while a somewhat decent dps rains damage upon them. That was the trick here i think for tux/xelo. It did well as I went down fast, since I was trying a newere setup/idea based on a previous tournament. However my opponent in  a tanked/damage yagel helped us out to pull us to victory.

Doob/Whys vs Kanogi/Jean -( castel/prom ) vs (prom/yagel)  Doob and whys had some kind of very high damage output on their bots, and either kanogi/jean's tank wouldn't stand well and the matter was quickly resolved with a fast kill.

Lairon/Blindspot vs Ltsy/Dark wolf - I didn't get to see this but props to the people. winner was lairon/blindspot.  Both these teams came in very late

final round for experienced player match:

doobs whys vs lairon blindspot - Doobs and whys won again, and their fit seemed to work well.

winners of the experienced round are: doobs/whys. They gave their loot to lairon and blindspot.

Young players/small ep Bracket
------------------------------
The players above that were in the youngbracket I have starred in the teamlist. The purpose of the young bracket was to match low ep/younger skilled players( or inexperienced ones ) against others. snuggles is a great guy and does logistics for us, so I threw him in to the sharks.

snuggles / mokaa vs Kynes / burro (prom/castel) vs (prom/yagel) - Snuggles and mokaa did a good job of concentrating fire here.  I'm not sure if the opposing team did that. But they put up a good fight.

winner was snuggles mokaa

Tiberius/Gut vs Ulroh/Makoo Valley (prom/castel) vs (yagel/castel) - Tiberius if you want to post on this and give me your view of the fight that would be good. I believe in this case Ulroh/Makoo Valley won!

*I had a new team mustang/dhaz enter at that point in which I put them against snuggles/makoo valley. Snuggles team was the winner.

final new round:
Snuggles/Makoo vs Ulroh/Makoo Valley - This was a close good match. Ulroh and Mako valley came out on top.

Prizes:
I had a pot worth total of 18 mil. 9 mil was given to the 2nd ranking winners of the experienced bracket.
9 mil was given to the winners of the young player bracket. The young player bracket winner also recieved
a castel mark 2.

Thanks to the developers for helping construct the arena. Thanks to whys and helps from others for watching.

I will do this next weekend.

IF YOU WISH, I WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO POST THOUGHTS/REFLECTIONS on their battles, so new players could read this and
figure the game out more.

(lol I myself tried a new fit I saw a guy do in a previous tournament so I wasn't as skilled as normal wink ie
lwf prom for distance with lr ammo )

PROPS TO GMS FOR ANNOUNCING EVENT.

I have pictures for further.

Gut Punch wrote:

Thanks for putting it on Mara.  When is your next one?

This saturday or sunday 20:00, once I see what I'm planning for the weekend I'll know what to do.

Alexander wrote:

If you get 10 teams it would be really nice to see prize money go to 1st and 2nd place winners. at a 70/30 split.

That pot is a large amount of NIC for new players. I might also suggest lowing the entry fee to 100k per person in future and contact corporations directly. Would be a nice idea not to stack teams as well and provide people with a voice comm channel should they want it.

good idea thanks

how bout putting a mech fight up?? Id love to go but I have jack for light skills, prefer to waiste money losing mechs lol.

I will sure. But again we'll keep it simple. lol I don't have much high mech skills... since everyone in the 62nd had light bot 10

t1 light fit mech may be fun, i'll do that seperately.

I really want to keep this ongoing to encourage new populace or people to try out someting.

Sorry for missing the event Mara. I heard it was as ever, awesome!
This is the perfect place to come along to guys and have fun if you ever want some very cheap PVP experience.

12 (edited by Tereva Lostlagon 2011-05-25 00:10:46)

This was effectively awesome.
Thanks a lot to Mara and all the guys helping in making this tournament a fun event.

Some questions / comment :

What I find very good :
/Limiting to light and T1 mods sounds very great to me.
/Making a newcommers / beginners group is great too (no fun for new players to get eaten alive in 10 sec by much more experienced agents)
/Round arena with places around for watching

What I find not as good :
/The floor of the arena is totaly flat. I would like some slopes where u can escape hostile fire. Perhaps more pillar can do the trick.
A little bigger arena could be nice too, so a quick long range bot has a chance to outrun the close range bots rushing him.
The idea is to add compexity in the fighting space so strategy become more critical.

Some plants would be great too, but of course they won't last.

What I don't understand :
/Why asking for different bot colors ?

Some suggestion :
/Filming the fights, make a compilation and posting the video on youtube will help promoting the event and - more improtantly at this stage - the game itself.
Of course this is more easily said that done !

thx again for your time.

Tereva

Alexander wrote:

Sorry for missing the event Mara. I heard it was as ever, awesome!
This is the perfect place to come along to guys and have fun if you ever want some very cheap PVP experience.

That's ok alex, there's tons of times. I do this again every weekend, and keep it simple.

Tereva Lostlagon wrote:

This was effectively awesome.
Thanks a lot to Mara and all the guys helping in making this tournament a fun event.

Some questions / comment :

What I find very good :
/Limiting to light and T1 mods sounds very great to me.
/Making a newcommers / beginners group is great too (no fun for new players to get eaten alive in 10 sec by much more experienced agents)
/Round arena with places around for watching

What I find not as good :
/The floor of the arena is totaly flat. I would like some slopes where u can escape hostile fire. Perhaps more pillar can do the trick.
A little bigger arena could be nice too, so a quick long range bot has a chance to outrun the close range bots rushing him.
The idea is to add compexity in the fighting space so strategy become more critical.

Some plants would be great too, but of course they won't last.

What I don't understand :
/Why asking for different bot colors ?

Some suggestion :
/Filming the fights, make a compilation and posting the video on youtube will help promoting the event and - more improtantly at this stage - the game itself.
Of course this is more easily said that done !

thx again for your time.

Tereva

I read through these, thanks for your suggestions.