1 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-08-05 18:32:34)

Topic: Pirates of Perpetuum ahoy! The 62nd... -LIMITED RECRUITING-

**CURRENTLY RECRUITMENT IS LIMITED ie just a solid app process

Raiding and plundering your enemies land that's the life of a pirate for me.
We'll decide when we raid and do it with such finesse that our victims pay us
to stay off their land.

Only a New player? Well you can catch a hauler bot in a light bot on beta and demand a hearty ransom.

Think you need to join a huge clan to make riches like espitium or noralgis?
Hah! Mine it on your enemies doorstep, and backyard. Use their land as your own
without having to pay a nic. While they sleep or hide, you win and plunder their loot.

The 62nd has been a small solid group of raiders that has enjoyed the aspects
of raiding from alpha to beta for quite awhile now. We believe in the principals
of not joining a large zerg to "win" territory, ie territory control can be done
by being a solid efficient group of fighters. In other words the better you fight
the more someone with land will let you use theirs, or for that matter the more
you can camp in your enemies and mine on their doorstep.

Now you can stop here, and simply talk with one of our recruiters:
ember, balfizar, sharkwolf, mara kaid, kanogi, baglodush kenney, name thats not taken..
look for a 62nd name in chat and we'll gladly tell you more!!!

VENT is REQUIRED //
Community thought and fun is expected //
Must be able to laugh while taking advantage of enemy loudly on coms //
Must provide diapers to enemies when said enemies have sudden loss of bowel control due to sudden 62nd shock!

PLEASE APPLY THROUGH: http://62nd.co.cc

Now for further reading, we describe parts of us that will help you get a clearer picture:
( Its up to you to read the rest, this is our fun history of the game... )

PIRATES THAT RANSOM YOU WITH A SMILE

We're also friendly raiders. That's right. We enjoy being polite and friendly on
coms, and to our enemies we enjoy ransoming them with utmost respect. After all, it will come in one way or another? They can give us the nic, or buy their next ship form us on the market.

Here is a friendly convo one time in which we gained nic by ransoming a beta-islander:

Anonymous 62nd > Hello dear friend, in the interest of saving your ship would you give us 2 mil?
Target that got caught with pants down> Ah.... I know if I give you my loot you'll blow me up anyway.
Anonymous 62nd > No, no, pay the ransom and then dance in general chat saying your leader is silly and we'll gladly let you live
Target that got caught with pants down> NOW I HAVE TO DANCE IN LOCAL?!
Anonymous 62nd > Without using caps, yes, indeed.
Target that got caught with pants down> uuuhhhh.....
Anonymous 62nd > 10 seconds, you're at 1/8th now...
Target that is about to die> I ain't giving you any money, arghhhhhhhh....
*He died sad*

In this example you clearly see us being polite for that hard earned nic. Unfortunately he died since he couldn't pay.

PIRATES THAT LOVE PLANTS AND SMALL ANIMALS TOO

We have a history of enjoying gardens. Yes that's right. Some of you can find some solid pvp by going with our expert noralgis finders, and taking care of our enemies gardens. You'll throw up a yipeee in general as you get free noralgis at your enemies expense, and ambush their bots while they come to get some. Don't thank us for the game-play experience,simply thank them.

PIRATES THAT APPRECIATE INDUSTRY MINDED PERSONS

On both ends of the spectrum we appreciate and cheer on those with a hearty interest in industry. We gladly thank our enemies for their time mining so that we can blow them up and take their minerals. At the same time we love having industry minded people in our corp. These people are the solid backbone behind the ammo, guns, and bots we use to carry on our jovial events.

PIRATES THAT PLAY POLITICS FOR CHARITY

That's right we do politics as well. But how can you? Pirates must be a neutral entity that... oh my I'm sorry dear reader, but we have diplomats that participate in charity efforts, and help maintain a good corp image.  Our charity fund directly benefits our members and makes our enemies very angry because our enemies donate us funds to kill them!
We're also pretty swavy, and we do politicking from "we wont kill you if you give us x monthly " to a "thank you for letting us use your land so we can
kill person x , 10 times easier now." God bless our diplomats. God bless our enemies for giving us politicking opportunities.

PIRATES THAT KILL YOU WITH LIGHT BOTS AND LEAVE VERY FAST..

It's a common perception that you must use the highest tech'd bot in order to win over your enemy. This is very untrue, and it's quite easy using good organization to overcome your enemy with a nice slew of dancing lightbots. That's right, we're proud in the fact we have had many mech kills using beginner bots on our enemies. Our enemies will curse our name, but we shout in joy!

PIRATES THAT CARE FOR THE COMMUNITY

We help run weekly tournaments for new players and older players that bring robots together and let you experience some fun pvp in a light bot which costs not too much. These bots are t1 fit light bots, which are simple to get. Putting politics aside, you can interact with many other groups and learn some good hints/fittings.

PIRATES THAT HELP TEACH NEW PLAYERS

We have a series of sessions where we sit down with you and go through the basics of terrain, game mechanics and basic pvp information so that you can jump from other game pvp mechanics into this games pvp mechanics.

See our old recruitment thread, for fun pictures, and videos of us having a great time in game.
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … try-mobile

See the tournament thread in the events section.
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ents-62nd/

NOW See our enemies get very mad...

*Raiding domhalarm and being on the news:
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq18 … o/loot.jpg

*Refusing to join the zerg
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq18 … eretic.jpg

*community work, by telling everyone where CIR/ENCLAVE plants their plants
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq18 … garden.jpg

*Urging people to stop the "join mega alliance to win" and become omega citizens
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq18 … urMine.jpg

*Further community work, arguing for the balance of kain mechs, and inadvertently pissing off half the populace using FOTMs for raids:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … siles-etc/

*Famous GREENER PASTURES
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq18 … STURES.jpg

PROPAGANDA VIDEOS

BALLS OF STEEL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu6_VPCFNYg

KILLING NOVASTROV PLANTS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvcTV2SVRV

ENEMIES GET ANGRY WHEN PEOPLE ALLY US
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq18 … ICRAGE.jpg

EATING PLANTS ON NOVABLOB
http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z188 … Taters.mp4

Some ganks, and ganking a guy that likes to gank players:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321?feature=mhee

Re: Pirates of Perpetuum ahoy! The 62nd... -LIMITED RECRUITING-

[bump]
Yarr!
[/bump]

You are fun too my friend!!!

FOR CHARITY!!!

16 minute and a bump?

I can't believe that you put in so many links and completely forgot to include your theme song...

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Mara Kaid wrote:

It's a common perception that you must use the highest tech'd bot in order to win over your enemy. This is very untrue, and it's quite easy using good organization to overcome your enemy with a nice slew of dancing lightbots. That's right, we're proud in the fact we have had many mech kills using beginner bots on our enemies. Our enemies will curse our name, but we shout in joy!

]

The Lemon does not agree. The Lemon knows it can over power army of light bots... As it haz.

The lemon invites the challenge and awaiting the next notch on the LEMON.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Lemon wrote:
Mara Kaid wrote:

]

The Lemon does not agree. The Lemon knows it can over power army of light bots... As it haz.

Don't forget to add another 5 CIR notches while your at it.

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

Lemon wrote:
Mara Kaid wrote:

]

Haha fun fights lemon, and respect to your tanks. ;')

That 30 minute fight we had last night was intense and fun. My guys appreciated getting the chance to do combat, while I tried to hold you off from your sub group.

Yes advanced robotics x + certain setup makes you a tough tank.

i think Mara might be winning me over, complete and total immunity to my trolling gets you a gold star!

10 (edited by Lemon 2011-05-12 18:42:13)

Snowstyle wrote:
Lemon wrote:
Mara Kaid wrote:

]

Don't forget to add another 5 CIR notches while your at it.

The "Event" will never be forgotten!

Technically the Lemon is only responsible for 1

Undefeated 2013
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

I absolutely loved this write-up. I'll be trying to contact someone in game to discuss possible recruitment. What time zones do you have active players in? I am online in the Eastern GMT-5 timezone mostly between 8pm and 12am on the nights that I can play.

Learning the ins and outs of Industry

12 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-05-12 19:36:09)

Geo wrote:

I absolutely loved this write-up. I'll be trying to contact someone in game to discuss possible recruitment. What time zones do you have active players in? I am online in the Eastern GMT-5 timezone mostly between 8pm and 12am on the nights that I can play.

Hi, I enjoyed writing it, and rest assured like other groups in the game we're more about fun and small community then totally ruining things. Talk with any member of the 62nd and try to put them in contact with shark/ember/mara kaid we'll help you.

We play USA CST/EST/PST with good guys in PST as well. We also have EU guys that do well on their own time.

We have some great guys in industry who have stayed with us through the game and don't do tons of pvp, but their community contribution is pretty good, ie mining and hauling == just as good as killing beta people.

I'm industry spec so i'll be looking to mine/harvest and produce for a corp who will take me and help me learn the game. Maybe talk to you tonight.

Learning the ins and outs of Industry

much respect for these guys as only one of the few that handle themselves alone. More so now than ever, we need more guys like 62nd to pew pew.

If you ever capture me, I'll pay the ransom if you'll let me tongue

16 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-05-17 02:48:38)

Jelan wrote:

If you ever capture me, I'll pay the ransom if you'll let me tongue

ok smile

TEMPLATE SURVEY USED FOR 62nd RANSOM:

CONGRATULATIONS! You have just been caught with your pants down, and now we will collect a sum of money from you and are interested in asking you some questions to help train us better for next time... STAND BY...

When was the last time you were caught on beta?

Do you find your ransom experience so far enjoyable? Please rate 1 = very poor .. 10= Absolutely lol..

Of anyone that shot you, or caught you did you find them treating you with hearty respect? 1 = no respect ... 10= like a lovely lady of yore!

What's the first thing you recall when seeing this ascii art: X_X

And this one? ====>->O

Did the pirate that capture you drive safely so that he wouldn't put others at risk 1=Lots of risk .. 5 = No risk, very pleasant chase

Overall if you were to go out into beta again, would you like to repeat your experience?

And one last final thing, on a scale of 1..10, 1 being not scared at all, 10 being oh my apocalypse, rate how scared you were during your encounter?

PLEASE POST ALWAYS

REMEMBER we are here to help you give us nic, and to give us some fun. We appreciate your taking the time to answer these questions so that next time we catch you we can better serve you next time. Please feel free to be at the same place you were caught the next day with more loot for everyone to enjoy. Thank you, have a nice day!

17 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-05-20 18:12:22)

--Pirates Code of Conduct--

ARTICLE I - Every pirate shall have an equal vote in affairs of moment. He shall have an equal title to our loot at any time seized, and shall use them at pleasure unless a scarcity may make it necessary for the common good that a retrenchment may be voted.

ARTICLE II - Every pirate shall keep his bots stocked and fit at all times clean and ready for action.

ARTICLE III - He that shall run away in a time of battle shall be punished by explosion or marooning to another corp.

ARTICLE IV - Corp Miners, and corp musicians shall have rest on the Sabbath Day only by right. On all other days by favor only.

- Proportional Response Articles -

Article V - In due times, we the pirates of perpetuum shall claim a piece of land/outpost as our own and make use of it, regardless of ownership in the game. This piece of land will be used by us as we see fit.

Article VI - In order to encourage good fights on the server, within a small area of this claimed land we shall respond with equal force. That is if a outpost hugger were attempting
to come fight us and brought 2 light bots with certain fits we would respond on a similar level. Corps abusing this will be treated eye for eye.

Article VII - The size of the area is usually from one outpost to 1/2 the distance of the teleporters near it.

Article VIII - When hauling our plunder we reserve the right to blindly ignore the articles and proceed to take your loot in any usual manner.

Article VI - In order to encourage good fights on the server, within a small area of this claimed land we shall respond with equal force. That is if a outpost hugger were attempting
to come fight us and brought 2 light bots with certain fits we would respond on a similar level. Corps abusing this will be treated eye for eye.

Teh Lemon States FALSE

Undefeated 2013

Mara Kaid wrote:

--Pirates Code of Conduct--

ARTICLE I - Every pirate shall have an equal vote in affairs of moment. He shall have an equal title to our loot at any time seized, and shall use them at pleasure unless a scarcity may make it necessary for the common good that a retrenchment may be voted.

ARTICLE II - Every pirate shall keep his bots stocked and fit at all times clean and ready for action.

ARTICLE III - He that shall run away in a time of battle shall be punished by explosion or marooning to another corp.

ARTICLE IV - Corp Miners, and corp musicians shall have rest on the Sabbath Day only by right. On all other days by favor only.

- Proportional Response Articles -

Article V - In due times, we the pirates of perpetuum shall claim a piece of land/outpost as our own and make use of it, regardless of ownership in the game. This piece of land will be used as we see fit.

Article VII - The size of the area is usually from one outpost to 1/2 the distance of the teleporters near it.

Article VIII - When hauling our plunder we reserve the right to blindly ignore the articles and proceed to take your loot in any usual manner.

Finally! New tenants in one of our outposts! I wish more people would follow your lead!

62nd is renting an outpost from M2S now?

Grim Faust wrote:

whats it to ya, they are allied now with us...lol

It was a question, that obviously went over your head.

Grim Faust wrote:

It was a question, that obviously went over your head.

questions go over heads...strange, only seen that stuff happen in cartoons? Why soooo serious mate lol...

You should take a few weeks off from game, let the real players enjoy it....you are toooo...umm...not sure yet, havent come up with a title for you yet. Stay out of 62nd recruitment channell, I am their only lover.

24 (edited by Grim Faust 2011-05-20 18:02:22)

Does your *** get jealous of all the *** that comes out of your mouth?

You need to take a step back and let the grownups talk. Kthnx

25 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-05-20 18:23:12)

Grim Faust wrote:

Article V - In due times, we the pirates of perpetuum shall claim a piece of land/outpost as our own and make use of it, regardless of ownership in the game. This piece of land will be used by us as we see fit.

That answers your question. Time to give pirate island a place in the game where people can get some good fights and not just have *** docked at terminals. Well I hope!!